Peace...out

Started by Ereptor, July 07, 2003, 04:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Quote from: Boze (Admin)If you are so fed up with the game, why don't you download the source and fix the problems yourself? All of the game admins (Retto, Stormclaw, and myself) are quite busy with other online and offline projects. We are sorry that we do not have the ability to be everywhere and do everything. We are only human and try to do our best.
All of the game admins (Retto, Stormclaw, and myself) are quite busy with other online and offline projects. We are sorry that we do not have the ability to be everywhere and do everything.

Just a follow up.  Boze you and Retto have created a community.  A society almost.  In fact i would say that VI is a fine community.  So what does that make you guys?  The gods or the gov't?  I think you are some of each.  You have the power to create and then to govern.  Not let me fill you in on something.  You would have an empty game without players.  Yes thats right.  No players, no game.  Pretty simple.  (i am sure you know this, just making a point)  So if you want your society (game) to continue you need to keep the people ( gamers ) happy.  When we use turns to play a game and those turns are disrupted, we lose game play.  Again when we lose these turns and then are not given a turn pack for lost turns, we get annoyed.  And again when we are asked to think of turn packs as an almost reward for being good gamers, it gets angering.  (note everyone does not feel that way, just a general consensesus).  This is a problem.  When the server goes down, so do the people playing your game.  If, like you said above, that you guys have many "other" projects you are working with, what you are saying in fact is telling the people we are to busy to keep up with rwl.  Now having said that where does your game stand on current players.

You win when.....
New people find out about rwl through terrouge/VI/etc.
You have loyal people that stay with your game, recognizing your human and sticking it out even if they know it will not last forever.  ( hard to find )
Being that it is a redwall game so members will stay because of the fact that it is tied into something they enjoy.

Maybe you can think of some more.

You lose when...
Good players leave.  That can create a domino effect.
Current players, because of gameplay are not recruiting more players.
Bugs aren't fixed.  Turns are lost.  Slow server speed.( an occuring recent event )  Lack of imagination/motivation in players.

Now i can't speculate on what your intentions where on creating this game.  But the fact is you are losing players.   You may keep some that are loyal or have nothing else better to do with their time than play a flawed game or have lack of other games to play.  ( www.planetarion.com GREAT GAME!!!)

In saying this i hope to do nothing, except to inform you of why my made my decision to leave.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Peace Alliance

I shall give ~~The Peace Alliance Seal Of Approvel~~ to that post!

a quick plot of how the game is going:
........_/'''''\__-_
..... /................ \
...../...................\
.../......................\
../........................\
./..........................\
/............................\
...............................*BOOM*
'era 1.........'era 2....'era 3

:blink:

OH, and btw. for all of you who are wondering what happened to me on regular. The day i went to go on vacation before i went to camp. the game was DOWN. so thanks to that i have to start all over again... and you know what? i don't really care enough to do so!  :o  :angry:  

Boze (Admin)

The problems you have listed are completly outside of our control.

When someone hacks the site, there is nothing we can do about it until we find out. It isn't like we sit by our computers waiting for the server to get hacked so we can fix things up. We do our best to prevent the site from getting hacked. In addition, we havn't had a slow server for months now. It's not like we hope the problems will rise, or not fix them as fast as possible. To be honest, when players leave, we really don't mind (as they are usually the ones who complain).

If you have any ideas on how to make the game better, please tell. We plan on working on an expansion and have a little surprise coming in the following weeks.
That's me!

Peace Alliance

QuoteWe plan on working on an expansion and have a little surprise coming in the following weeks
thats excactly what i proposed!!!

Boze (Admin)

That's me!

Ereptor

When players leave you don't mind?  What does that mean?  So if someone voices their opinion ( compaigning ) you would rather see them leave then stay and input.  I have proposed many ideas and i have spoken to retto many times about different things.  I admit i have not spoken to you but maybe once off the topic.  But you honestly aren't around.  People like it when they at least can
Quotesee
the admins doing something.   For instance in another game i play they have a creators hour.  Like once a month or once a week the admins/creators get together in a irc chat room for about ten minuetes and anyone can join to ask questions.  I am just suggesting that maybe we haven't had the pleasure of really seeing you on much via forum/aim/whatever.  I appologize if my complaigning has been doing the opposit of what i intended.  I intend to throw ideas out to see if any of them might stick.  I like rwl.  You guys have done great.  But imo for it to be a better game it could use a tune up.  Thats all i am saying.  As for the hacking, their are ways to track it.  If you want some advice or a program i would be willing to help.  

The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Holby

You deserve a goodbye from everyone here, so I'll add my name to that list of forum goers who have payed their respects.

Ereptor, you are undoubtedly one of the best players to come across this game, and your Emperor image just makes that even more powerful.
I thank you for inviting me to join TBV way back on November 1, for trying to add more substance to this game, for talking to me, for killing me on VI and Regular, for presenting a challenge on Turbo, for supposedly underestimating me, for Graph. But most importantly your presence here that helped to hold the forum and game together when it needed it.
Goodbye.
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

Another expansion?! Wooow... *excited* What will happen? What will be different?

The Beatles

*agress with Holby*
Nothing more can be said, really. Thanks for saying it, Holby!

Blackeyes

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingAnother expansion?! Wooow... *excited* What will happen? What will be different?
Again as Ashyra said, what will be different?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Ashyra Nightwing

Here's a suggestion.

Maybe you should be allowed to set the number of days you want to go on vacation for... It would save a lot of accounts being deleted for inactivity. I'm going to leave for a month due to the fact I am going on holiday. I think others may have this problem, and it would save them from losing all their hard work and effort.

Peace Alliance

if you go on vacation, it doesn't take you off untill you go back on... right?

Boze (Admin)

Members get on AIM and ask me questions all the time. Do I not answer? When a question is asked on the forums (that hasn't been answered a million times before and can't be answered by one of our "elders"), do I not answer? I find the fact that I give you my screen name more than generous.
That's me!

Ereptor

Well if thats your attitude i feel sorry for you.  Also not to mention the fact that you being on aim is a rare occassion.  btw when is the last time you have posted on this forum besides this topic?  

*hasn't been to the forums in a while* *thinks* guess i haven't missed much.  *walks into shadow*
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Peace Alliance

I really want details on this expansion you were talking about. In fact, i think you should get together and talk with everyone about all the new things you can do.

Compared to other games i play, RWL has a TON more stuff you can do... But thats obviously not working, so how about we add some new things? whole new options... bring new aspects to the game. that would be cool. But start interacting with the players and stuff to try and find out what we do and don't like!