An Exhibition Game

Started by Peace Alliance, June 19, 2003, 04:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

An Exhibition Game:

Users will sign up before hand to a new server. But they cannot play. Then on a specified date and time, the game will start. It will last 1 or 2 hours. You will have a maximum of 200 turns. every 5 minutes you will get 50 turns.
you can only get 200 turns because if you made it a really high number everyone would just save up and go at the end. this way you'll start loosing turns after 20 minutes. It would be really fun and exciting!

Tell me what you think!

(sorry for double posting but not many people read the turbo forum)

Almkman

Sounds like fun.So when are the voting results coming out?
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Peace Alliance

There hasn't been a vote for it. I talked to retto about it a long time ago, he never really did anything about it. I have posted it to see you're reactions.

so please tell me what you think!!!!!!!!

Brock

Sounds like fun but you should have a thing where you can't be attacked untill you log on for the first time during those hours so you can't be killed if you come on late.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Ashyra Nightwing

That seems like a good idea, but what about the people that live in different time zones? I probably wouldn't be online in time...

Blackeyes

Same here ... unless Peace told him to set it to ontario , canada time ... that would be nice .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Peace Alliance

if he does it at like... 6 PM my time. most of you are just a few hours off. Holbs will have to get up really early. And i think there should still be a 200 turn protection. so for the first 10 minutes there will be no attacking :D

Narfel

Sounds like a pretty good...and fun idea to me, I like the part about getting 50 turns every 5 mins

~NARFEL~ ~#233~  on the regular server B)  
I dont  go looking for trouble,<br>trouble usually finds me.<br>-Harry Potter<br>Make sure you kids keep it clean this summer!

Scarwake

Interesting idea...If Retto can't do it or won't do it...I may be able to pull some strings with the person who is helping me out with my new game....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

Blackeyes

I think the idea is great! I say we barad Retto with it until he does it.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Gen. Volkov

Hey, if there is still 200 turn protection, and ther is a maximum of 200 turns, then how are you supposed to attack? This is a great idea though... maybe it should be like at another place I went to and have protection for 0 turns.. which means you save 200 turns, then go at it... or may just give a huge number of turns to everyone and no more turns per minute and have, then everyone will go at it and not store up turns...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

200 turns protection doesn't mean you have to have over 200 turns stored... it means you have to have used more then 200 turns.  :D  

Gen. Volkov

Oh.. wait.. I'm confused now... how do you mean? If you have a max of 200 turns then you just leave protection when you ran out of turns. WOuldn't you? Please explain.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

not exactly, you could use 199 turns then save up to 200 turns again before leaving protection

(oops, just gave away advanced stratagy  :( )