The Calgary Stampede...

Started by The Lady Shael, June 18, 2003, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Anyone here live in Calgary, or is going to Calgary for the Stampede? I'm arriving there July 2nd, and staying for two weeks with some relatives. Just wondering in case I can get to meet someone.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

meh, escuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the Calgary Stampede?  
sounds like the running of the bulls in Spain...  *shrugs*
oh, and where is Calgary?

EDIT:  kewlies, I found a site about it: http://www.calgaryplus.ca/feature/500/
oh, and Calgary is in Canada apparently...  yeah...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

*Sigh* Americans know so little about they're better... *caugh* I mean... So little about they're... neighbours??? Yeah, that'll work... for now.
EH

Almkman

Peace Alliance if you know what the Calgary Stampede is why don't you post it?
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Kenny Boy

Quote from: Peace Alliance*Sigh* Americans know so little about they're better... *caugh* I mean... So little about they're... neighbours??? Yeah, that'll work... for now.
EH
if any admins are looking at peace allince's post i was just wonder is it flaming calling canadians better
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Peace Alliance

OH MY!! You seriously think it would be flaming to call Canada better then you??? Crap, you are TRUELY WAY to hyped up on yourself. Since when is it an unsult to tell people you're country is the best? If the admins have a problem with it, they can take it up with me. And if they do they will get a fist full of arguements!!

QuotePeace Alliance if you know what the Calgary Stampede is why don't you post it?

Because he had already edited it.

Ruatine

*:rolleyes: at Kenny Boy*

Everybody thinks their own country is the best. That's the way it's suppose to be. Deal with it.

(Note: I'm a citizen of the USA.)
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Brock

I know that my country is the best.  I live in the country of Redwall!  Yeah, I know, I'm crazy.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Almkman

Windhound didn't edit that when you posted.

windhound

Did too!
I looked up that site directly after I posted, then I went back and edited, noone else had posted then when I refreashed the screen, so  :P   noone did post for about an hour or more infact...
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

yeah, look at the times

The Lady Shael

Windhound edited it before anyone else got a chance to post, which is why he didn't bother to explain it, because it's pretty much useless repeating what someone else has already found out in the post before you. Now that that's cleared up, we can turn the topic back to what it was, I take it none of you people are going though...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kenny Boy

Quote from: Peace AllianceOH MY!! You seriously think it would be flaming to call Canada better then you??? Crap, you are TRUELY WAY to hyped up on yourself. Since when is it an unsult to tell people you're country is the best? If the admins have a problem with it, they can take it up with me. And if they do they will get a fist full of arguements!!

QuotePeace Alliance if you know what the Calgary Stampede is why don't you post it?

Because he had already edited it.
ok sorry peace i have no problem with you calling canadians better i have akit if canadian relatives but i thought that people might get offended, and im oractically canadian i live so close to the windsor tunnel............
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Almkman

Whatever you say Wondy.

windhound

QuoteWhatever you say Wondy.

EVIL!!!
windy if anything, not, I repeat, not, Wondy, for one, you capitalized it, for another I dislike it.  Thankee.

Oh, and sry Shael, dont think many if any forum goers are going to the event thingy, I had to look it up  ;)