Hello, God! Are you there?

Started by TR Shadow, June 12, 2003, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR Shadow

I saw a topic on another forum:

Quotethis was on the news shortly after the premier of Bruce Almighty. The movie actually used a real phone # for God's pager # w/o permission and thus tons and tons of stupid people have been calling the # asking to speak to God. The woman who owns the # is now suing the company and the writers, but has yet to change her phone #. So who's more stupid ... the movie company, the woman, or the people calling to ask for God?

This is too good!  "Hello, God!  It's me, Julie!  I just wanted to know if I'm going to Heaven..."

Comment.  Now.  Or else.

Cindarin

Lol that's great. I'm going to phone that number right now~!
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

TR Shadow

I don't think this is anything to brag about, but...

Questor Stormy: I'm not sure he does AIM.
ShadowOfRedwall: I don't know...
ShadowOfRedwall: Lemme check...
ShadowOfRedwall: "User God is not available."
ShadowOfRedwall: Darn.
Questor Stormy: Why am I not surprised?

Pikepaw

God is there but I don't think he has a phone number that somebody could just get like that! **Tries to snap fingers but can't**  Maybe he has a phone number, maybe God doesn't have a phone number, but there is no doubt in my heart that he exsists.  Why try and find Gods' phone number rather than just pray, that is his phone number.
The writers were more stupid.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Mistflower

Julie, by the feeling in your heart, you will know that God is there.
He was my skater boy
I never said 'See ya later boy'
He was good enough for me.
Now he does base guitar,
I love him even from afar,
We were made for eachother; now I think that you'll agree.

Almkman

I guess none of you people are religious are you?Except maybe Mistflower.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

wolf bite

Even more funny is the rest of the story.

It seems that there was no area code on the number. In one area code, the number goes to a church, and of all things, the preachers name is Bruce!

Did you know that when Gilligan?s Island first came out, that hundreds of people called the Coast Guard to tell them that there were 7 stranded castaways?  Finally, the Coast Guard told them ?If those 7 people really want to be rescued, they would have all the cameramen help them build a boat.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Pikepaw

I beleive in the Lord with all my heart, mind and strength and that he sent his son Jeus Christ to die for our sins.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Almkman

Yes I bet everyone does but they seem to be mocking him.

TR Shadow

Quote from: almkmanYes I bet everyone does but they seem to be mocking him.
I am a christian.  I don't want ANY missunderstanding there.

Peace Alliance

in civics i had to do a speech on a "global citizans award". It was to be about somebody who has done a lot for the world and we would do a speech like for an awards show and people would vote for the winner. So me and my friend were brainstorming and all of a sudden i'm like: "Hey! HOW ABOUT JESUS!!". and he's not christian so he thought it was a joke and it was at first. But we ended up doung it, lol. The speech is tomarrow, everyones gonna laugh at me :(

I think the woman is smart. She's gonna get a lot of money out of it if she wins. And considering she's in the states she probably will (takes a crack at american legal system)... But a practical person would probably just change they're password.

Hey did you ever notice that after they gilligans guys would make something to get them off the island, and gilligan would screw it up, that they never tryed it again? Gilligan can't screw it up if they keep doing the same thing, eventually he would learn his lesson. How did that show end anyways? did they all die?

Almkman

I think that they wanted to keep the show going.

Cindarin

I have a question. If God is everywhere. Then why do we have to go to church? I mean he's already in my house. So I can talk to him whenever and where ever I want in the first place. Makes me wonder if Church is just a place for people to pretend to take the vow of solimacy and collect money for their pockets.

(no offence to any churchly people. I'm christian myself.)

user posted image

Almkman

It is for you to pray to the Lord.You'll probally say I can pray at home.Church is another place to learn and relearn his teachings and ways.

Cindarin

Doesn't the bible do just that? Because I have lots of those.

user posted image