Series vs. Series

Started by CoolClaw, June 06, 2003, 06:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolClaw

Which is better: The redwall seiries or Harry Potter seiries.
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

TR Shadow

Pikepaw

Reeeddddwwwwwaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!  Redwall completley defeats Harry Potter without a struggle.  
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Mhera

Redwall... definately Redwall.  Do you want to know why Redwall is better?  Umm... well I'm not going to tell you, it just is.

Cindarin

Sorry but niether Harry Potter nor Redwall can compare to The Lord of the Rings.  B)  
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Ashyra Nightwing

LotR... I found it confuzelzing. Redwall is much better than Harry Potter.

guardians of night

I like Redwall over LOTR and Harry Potter, because its more believeable. Right? I mean, wizards, and whatever LOTR people are, its just more realistic.
Mmmmmm......Signature

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rerisen is my new WWII game! Join today!

My tries at making games has finally succeded!
Nevermind, Lycos screwed up my game!

Almkman

Yes and I can believe mice carry swords and ferrets shooting arrows.It's totally believable.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Pikepaw

I think it is belevable (I watch for rats in trees and am now scared of swans) more belevable than Dawfs and wizards and elves and witches and hobbits and stuff in those other books.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Ruatine

:rolleyes: That's why it's called fantasy fiction, guys. It's not suppose to be believable. It's suppose to give you a world so different from your own that it's an escape from real life for the few hours that you're reading it. The only part of it that's the same is the characters weaknesses, problems, joys, and triumphs. (i.e. treachery, deceit, friendships, love, hope, despair, etc.)
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Almkman

Well at least in LOTR and Harry Potter there are humans.I don't see mice scurrying around killing weasels.Cindarin it's Lloth not Lolth
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Kenny Boy

Quote from: CindarinSorry but niether Harry Potter nor Redwall can compare to The Lord of the Rings.  B)
dude i completely agree i read all the books (including the hobbit) and i LOVED them they are the best books i have ever read, i should re-read i read them all in 2 weeks.
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Ashyra Nightwing

The Edge Chronicles is one of the best book series I have ever read. Read it.

baska

Yeah, i agree with kenny boy, the LOTR series are the best! Harry potter is nothing compared to the LOTR series!

Ruatine

*wonders if she's strange* I've read through from the Hobbit to The Return of the King four times already. It's only been about a year since I read them the very first time.

I can't even remember how many times I've read the Redwall books, of which I still don't own the whole set.  <_<   *is missing Mattimeo, Salamandastron, and Taggerung*

Heh, I need a new copy of Lord Brocktree too. *looks around sheepishly* I, uh, set my copy down on one of my stove's burners, which I thought was off. It turns out it had just been on. Hence, my need for a new copy.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart