Series vs. Series

Started by CoolClaw, June 06, 2003, 06:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Harry potter = watered down LOTR.

They were OK books and all... But it was certainly watered down LOTR. I mean, I found myself linking charactors from one book to the other. Gandalf = that head wizard. Aragorn = wots-is-unkle there...

I think gandalf and the head wizard were so similar not only because of charactor descreiptions, but the way they are. i find that for both of then you find yourself thinking "if only gandalf/head wizard who's name i forgot were here, then harry/frodo would be alright!"

Cindarin

For all you people who think Redwall is more realistic then Redwall tell me this. When did little animals go around dressed in suits of armor, build castles and forts, and kill each other become realistic? I mean the only thing unrealistic about The Lord of the Rings are teh races and magic. At least they are humanoids and not little animals that you know would never do any of the things I listed.
    Don't get me wrong. I have almost every Redwall book and they are interesting. They just don't compare to R.A Salvatore or J.R.R Tolkien.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Cindarin

QuoteFor all you people who think Redwall is more realistic then The Lord of the Rigns tell me this. When did little animals go around dressed in suits of armor, build castles and forts, and kill each other become realistic? I mean the only thing unrealistic about The Lord of the Rings are teh races and magic. At least they are humanoids and not little animals that you know would never do any of the things I listed.
Don't get me wrong. I have almost every Redwall book and they are interesting. They just don't compare to R.A Salvatore or J.R.R Tolkien.

user posted image

Peace Alliance

No, neither are reolistic. And thankfully so. Teufel, had it right, it is fantasy not real life. What bugs me is when the author creates his own world like usual. And does things that are unreolistic given his own peramiters.  

Cindarin

The day I see a mouse come out at me with a sword and shield follwoed by an army of other animals that don't even exist in the same ecosystems is the day I say Redwall is better then The Lord of The Rings. However even The Lord of the Rings has a tough competition with Forgotten Realms.

user posted image

Kazaar

I say Lord of the rings, since I haven't even read(Might of mis-spelled it since I get mixed up every now and then) Redwall, so that why I say Lord of The Rings.

Brock

I say Redwall.  LOTR is good and all but it takes to long to read.  There are more boring parts than exciting parts and takes forever for even someone like me who has fast reading skills.  Harry Potter is ok but not as good as Redwall.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Almkman

I'm seeing the movies before I read the books.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Ashyra Nightwing

The LOTR movies were incredible. So were the books, but I'm more used to Redwall.

Cindarin

Fast reading people like you? Man you must be a slow reader. I read all three LotR books in 2 weeks. And LotR movies and books were not horrible, your just sucking up. Besides I know LotR is better because it has been proclaimed the best.

user posted image

Brock

I am a fast reader but LOTR books just have too many boring parts.  The movies were great and the books were great but the it's mainly the first book that is just way too boring.  I can read the other two books in about a week.  Perhaps LOTR has been proclaimed the best by many people but everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I don't think it's the best but my a couple of my friends do.  There is no best book because there's millions or billions of books out there and billions of people that each have there own opinion.

hmm.....this is a redwall fan site. What did you expect?  :blink:  

Brock

Ooooooohhh... *stares at Cheeeeesy's avater.*  That penguin is mean!  Yes this is a redwall site and most of the votes are for Redwall because Redwall is far superior.

Kenny Boy

LORD OF THE RINGS PWNS YOU ALL!!!!!!
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Brock

That's just what they want you to think Kenny...

They're watching you...