Turbo getting boring,

Started by Holby, May 30, 2003, 07:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

I think most would agree that turbo is getting a little dry. The top ten is pretty much the same people (for the most part), and it's getting a little repetitive. I suggest we start freshening it up with some new goals. Peace and I were talking about how it would be cool if there were objectives.

Here's a great idea we've come with:

Retto makes a new account as an admin with 1 million acres of land.
Then he uses it until it has the greatest defense possible. Then he sets it as a normal account and lets people try to attack it.
It would be fun because it would be an objective for everyone to try and break him. Even when one person does break him, there would be a lot of land left after it is maxed and everyone in the game would have a lot more land. Would this not make turbo a lot more exciting?
I will not deleted this

IrishMafia

Hmmm...

That's an intersting idea.  I'd join but I have a feeling not many would be up for that.

You should take a vote about it though and see what all the turbo guys think.
Prievious Names

Athletic Squrriel
Violent Sheep
Killer Skunk
Storm Trooper
Rabid Fish
Jumping Grizzly
Guess What I Heard..... "SHEEP" (think about it... Herd)

Guess What I Saw....."WOOD"(think about it)

PEACE ALLIANCE IS THE GRATEST PERSON TO EVER PLAY REDWALL. HE IS BETTER THEN YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user posted image
                                                                                  user posted image

Peace Alliance

I think it would be REALLY fun to do something new on turbo... Its getting a little dull and i thin an objective like that would be fun. I think if you look at it from the point of view that this is a game and trying different things is fun than most will agree that its worth a try. At least for one season it would rock

Pikepaw

I wonder if Retto would do it.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Peace Alliance

I donno, he went with my idea for a thing on the scores that shows that attack availability, but this is on a bit of a larger scale. It also means he has to go through the trouble og making a super defensive empire...  Of course i would ALWAYS be willing to do that for him! ;)

Dead Eye

I love that idea you guys. Retto, where are you?
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

Hummmmmmmm, so either he makes the defense so high that there is no way to break it in one month, or someone does break it and the amount of land the guy gets makes him an untouchable King.

I also agree that the top ten is too easy for those that know how to hold it. The lower players don't have much of a shot at it.  Maybe we should look at ways to make attacking easyer against the top ten by the lower players.  Such as making the OP of rats and stoats 2 times as much so that with half the armies, a person can get over the armies of the greatest players. No one would be safe and the ranking would change all the time.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Dead Eye

I don't like that idea because with the defense idea, at least good players will still have a chance. with your idea, the good people could be killed by even by some one who just joined. If your rank 50 and can hurt rank 1? I don't like it. But Retto may take either idea.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

QuoteHummmmmmmm, so either he makes the defense so high that there is no way to break it in one month, or someone does break it and the amount of land the guy gets makes him an untouchable King.

The person who breaks would not be untauchable because there is a maximum attacks. In fact the person who breaks it would just be opening a window of oppertunity for everyone else to attack it to and then there would be a LOT of land in the entire game.

QuoteI also agree that the top ten is too easy for those that know how to hold it. The lower players don't have much of a shot at it. Maybe we should look at ways to make attacking easyer against the top ten by the lower players. Such as making the OP of rats and stoats 2 times as much so that with half the armies, a person can get over the armies of the greatest players. No one would be safe and the ranking would change all the time.

I don't quite think the problem is with attacking. It was very easy for people to break me last season when i was emporor but the problem is that with a game this fast, i can take the land back as soon as somebody takes it from me. So making it even easier to attack people is just going to make it easier for people to take they're land back.

Ashyra Nightwing

I like the sound of it! If that starts, I may start playing Turbo again...

*waits for turns*

Evil vacation mode.

Peace Alliance

Retto says he'll make a poll after he does some stuff, so everyone should vote yes!! I mean, you might aswell try it for one season right?

Cindarin

I don't think it would work. Two many people would be at war with each other just to get big enough to break him.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Almkman

Or people could ban together to break him.Then they fight for power.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Mistflower

Quote from: HolbyI think most would agree that turbo is getting a little dry. The top ten is pretty much the same people (for the most part), and it's getting a little repetitive. I suggest we start freshening it up with some new goals. Peace and I were talking about how it would be cool if there were objectives.

Here's a great idea we've come with:

Retto makes a new account as an admin with 1 million acres of land.
Then he uses it until it has the greatest defense possible. Then he sets it as a normal account and lets people try to attack it.
It would be fun because it would be an objective for everyone to try and break him. Even when one person does break him, there would be a lot of land left after it is maxed and everyone in the game would have a lot more land. Would this not make turbo a lot more exciting?
Holby, you've been inhaling something other than apple markers me thinks.  ~*Steals Trident's joke~*~
He was my skater boy
I never said 'See ya later boy'
He was good enough for me.
Now he does base guitar,
I love him even from afar,
We were made for eachother; now I think that you'll agree.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: CindarinI don't think it would work. Two many people would be at war with each other just to get big enough to break him.
No I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of people working towards killing him. The whole point is that the game is getting repetive, it would be cooler if people could have something to try and do.