What are your oppinions?

Started by TR Shadow, May 29, 2003, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR Shadow

I want to know other peoples oppinions on internet dating.  I've never really thought about it, but recently, the 4th person in RWL asked me to be his internet girlfriend.  I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who doesn't care for this kind of thing.  Can anyone give me any advise on the subject?  I know this is a weird topic, but I really need someone elses oppinion on it.

~Julie~

Mistflower

*laughs*

I may flirt on the internet, but my opinion is that it's perfectly fine.

I hate it when people are so concentrated on getting you to be theirs.

Recently, I've stopped showing my picture because I hate it when ten or so people like you so much that they swear at eachother that they're better for you.
He was my skater boy
I never said 'See ya later boy'
He was good enough for me.
Now he does base guitar,
I love him even from afar,
We were made for eachother; now I think that you'll agree.

TR Shadow

Oh gosh, I've had that.  A member of RWL got into a fight with Colin.  It was sooo funny!

Peace Alliance

I think its fun. Its fun to have somebody to talk to and stuff, but I dont think it could in any way be as fun as in real life. An E-kiss just isn't a Kiss. lol

RazorClaw

Of course, you're talking to someone who doesn't have a girlfriend and has turned down every single crush and flirtation attempt ever, but I think it's dumb. The fact is, having a girlfriend is not going to get you a wife. The same with women and their boyfriends. I think that the internet is even dumber. You can't probably even meet the person.

Peace Alliance

So you're saying the only reason to have a girl friend is so you can marry her? Ever heard of a dating and having fun? oh... want... forgot who i was talking to. Meybe less time on the forums would help ya?

Anyways, I think that having somebody to talk to when you get home is fun, even if you've never met them in real life. But i've done that
*kissing slowly*
*undoes you're belt*
*gets in bed*
Stuff before and its not that fun... (I didn't go so fas as the bed, lol. THAT would be kind of creepy)

Blackeyes

LOL yes, Peace very creepy .. I wouldn't do it like if I know someone from somewhere then I mgit or if they are my friends friends that I have met and stuff then I might but not a complete stranger .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Peace Alliance

Very rarely would I do it with a complete stranger in real life either... Although i am 16 so i rarely do it anyways... But still

RazorClaw

Peace, there are 8- year old kids on these forums. Please, this isn't really appropriate for younger audiences.

Pikepaw

EEEEWWWWWWW, dating is yuky, please keep it in the real world where the whole computor world does not have to know about it.  Plus 11 year olds are digusted by dating so please keep it out of the internet.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Mark

Quote from: RazorClawPeace, there are 8- year old kids on these forums. Please, this isn't really appropriate for younger audiences.
Is there really?  I never knew.  I thought that the yongest would like 11 or 12. ;)  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Blackeyes

Pikepaw your only 11 ? I am 14 .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

The Lady Shael

Mm, I don't believe in internet dating. I read somewhere that the first step to true love is eye-contact, which is remotely impossible over the internet. It just isn't the same. I do agree with just having a little fun, like what with all our little "marriages" and me and Kilk and stuff, but dating is too far.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dead Eye

I think internet dating is wrong, because how do you know that the way the person is online is like that in real life. And pikepaw, I started going out when I was in the 4th grade, and made out in 5th grade.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Almkman

I don't get the point of it.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!