Difference in lands

Started by Orcrist, May 28, 2003, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I remember hearing once that you gain more land in attacks and lose more land when you reside in the Northlands. Could an Admin (aka, not someone whose just gonna guess or say "that's a good question") please give me a response?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Veranor

I'm not sure about attacks, but scouting I do know. Here is the code to get land for scouting

function gimmeLand($currland, $bonus, $era)
{
if (($era == 1) || ($era == 4))
?$multip = 1;
elseif (($era == 2) || ($era == 5))
?$multip = 1.4;
elseif (($era == 3) || ($era == 6))
?$multip = 1.8;

return ceil((1 / ($currland * .00022 + .25)) * 20 * $bonus * $multip);
}

That would make me think that Northlands/Burrowed northlands give thne most, then Mossflower, then Southsward.

I hope that's ok with you that I posted  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Abby The Rat

Veranor, that was already known, as the admin said, you get more in the northland for scouting, but you are more likely to lose them.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Orcrist

Ok- thanx Ad. So you can be safer and stay in Southward or dangerous but have more gains in Northland...
~Orcrist~

Veranor

Ad, you and I may have known it, but he asked a question. So I answered it... and since he asked for proof and not just a "guess" I gave him the source that backs it up.

EDIT: Sorry I guess he meant attacking only...

EDIT2: Well I just looked at the source code again, and in the version I have (may be different) I can't find any location bonus for gain/loss. Though that may be changed
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

Has anyone, early on, tried scoutng north then moving south again? I've gotten land-fat with that. The strat I used last time I played in turbo.

Dead Eye

Razorclaw, that is actually a really good idea. granted you need loyalty and leaders, but i love that idea.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Veranor

Maybe I'm missing something, why do you want to be land fat? I thought that was bad.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Orcrist

being land-fat isn't neccesarily bad, if you have enough guards to defend yourself...
~Orcrist~

RazorClaw

I had virtually zero guards. Turned them all into markets. From there, most of my Rats, Stoats, and Weasels, then I bought skiffs. Attacked, got barracks, attacked, got markets, ect. Then, when almost out of turns, WHOOSH! Back down south.

Orcrist

Yea, but wouldn't you have gotten hit hard for having that much land and no guards?
~Orcrist~

RazorClaw

Ah, but you forget that I was getting acres by the 5,000s. I used a bit for guards. But it wouldn't have mattered: once I employed this strategy and got off, when I got back on it was reset.

Ashyra Nightwing

I stay in Mossflower. You don't gain lots, but you don't lose lots...

RazorClaw

Yes, if you use my thing then you can move right back once you've gotten the land, safe and sound.

Ashyra Nightwing

Having that much loyalty would be hard. You'd have to really mass your leaders, which I can't do.