Redwall "M" names contest

Started by The Lady Shael, May 24, 2003, 09:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Weep, people, I found 44 characters.

Almkman

Hey Beatles  go boil your head in frog spawn.Name the books in time order.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

The Beatles

Brocktree, Warrior, Luke, Mossflower, Outcast, Mariel, Bellmaker, Redwall, Mattimeo, Pearls, Long Patrol, Marlfox, Taggerung.

Now you name me the characters with the same name that are different and are in different books. E.g. the two Scratches, etc.

Quamicauzilot

Question: Are we limited to names of beasts, or is it anything that falls under the Proper Noun category?
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

Blackeyes

Quote from: almkmanI hear(but I doubt it) that three books are coming out.Tribe of the Otters,Tribe of the Mice,and Tribe of the Badgers.
Yes , tis true they have come out .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

The Beatles

Quote from: QuamicauzilotQuestion: Are we limited to names of beasts, or is it anything that falls under the Proper Noun category?
Good question. I think just char names.

Almkman

Part of your answer is right it is.Lord Brocktree,Legend of Luke,Martin the Warrior,Mossflower,Outcast of Redwall,Mariel of Redwall,The Bellmaker,Salamandastron,Redwall,Mattimeo,Pearls of Lutra,The Long Patrol,Marlfox,Taggerung,and Triss.

Badrang the Tyrant

Have you heard of the space key?

I have read all of the Redwall books at least twice except for Loamhedge.

Almkman

I haven't seen Loamhedge,or any of the tribe books.

Blackeyes

I have seen asll of the tribe books but not Loamhedge ...

The Lady Shael

*smiles* Partly because Loamhedge doesn't come out till about September.

To answer your question, Quami, only characters, not just anything that falls into proper nouns. Beatles has a good head start on everyone else...I'd suggest the rest of you get thinking.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Blackeyes

What exsactly do we win ?

Quamicauzilot

Second question, then.  Will names such as "Brother M(no, not going to give you people a freebie)" or some other title followed by a name beginning with M be accepted?
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

The Lady Shael

Yep. Names such as Brother "M" or Sister "M", or Sergeant "M" or Lieutenant "M" will be accepted, but only as long as the names themselves begin with M. A name such as Mother Greenbud or suchlike will not be accepted.

About the prizes, they will be determined later, and only what I can afford to give out. Unless the admins decide to get involved, then I'll leave the prize-giving up to them.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Blackeyes

Ah , I see now .. if the admins may be giving out the prizes then I might just start nameing creatures ... not to belittle your army / food / money or anything but they can have like as much as they want and the prizes from them would be a lot bigger . It's only because we are so early in the game and peoples armies and economy aren't that high or anything . Do you see what I am getting at ?