Redwall "M" names contest

Started by The Lady Shael, May 24, 2003, 09:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

The Redwall Database Names Contest (hosted by me ^_^) has started! I did this before at Lancepaw's Fort with names that begin with C, and it went quite well. I also just did a copy and paste, so if it says, "that's what I did last time", or something of the sort, you know what I mean.

DETAILS:

1. Submit as many names that begin with "M" as you can think of.

2. THEY MUST BE FROM THE REDWALL SERIES!!

3. Please, please, PLEASE, make sure of the spelling before you submit. I had a few problems trying to figure out some of them last time, and I don't want it to happen again. If you don't know how to spell the creature's name, DON'T USE IT, or look it up.

4. REQUIRED: Please put the book(s) this character is from. I know last time I said only for the lesser known characters, but some people didn't do it, and even though I politely ignored it, I did get a little confused. Also, I will be checking the books for the characters, so as I said before, spell it right, or it won't count.

5. Make sure you include your horde name and number with your entries, because if you win, I won't be able to send you your prize.

6. You may post your answers here, or, if you have some answers you don't want anyone else to see, you can e-mail them to me at jessieoakshade@redwall.net. Copying answers cannot be prevented, so if you see someone posting their stuff here, you're welcome to take them and add your own answers on.

7. Even though last contest, everyone recieved a prize, it was mainly due to the lack of contestants, and since Redwall "M" names are much easier to come up with, I'm expecting more people to enter. RWL has just restarted, and so I don't have much money to give away, so unless one of the admins is gracious enough to give a sufficient amount of money away, at the present moment, you'll have to make do with 50 million dollars.

8. You are always welcome to add more to your list. For ex: you can post what you remember now, and a few days later, you can check through some books and post some more.

9. THE CONTEST ENDS ON JUNE 21ST!!! USE YOUR TIME WISELY!!!

Current Statistics:

The Beatles: 47
Wolf Riders(sorry, I didn't know your name): 45
Ashyra Nightwing: 42
Almkman: 16
Aus: 10
Deathclaw: 8
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

General Austin

Martin, Matthias, Mattimeo, Mother Mellus, Mariel, Mara, Methuselah, Brother Mordalfus, Abbot Mortimer, Abbess Merriam
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Blackeyes

Hey Aus that was good but she also said to list the books they were in .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

The Lady Shael

It's okay, I guess, since I pretty much know the books those characters are from.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Almkman

Martin,Mattias,Mattimeo,Mellus,Mariel,Mara,Merriam,Mordalfus,Mortimer,Methuselah,Mangiz,Midge,Malbun,Mhera,Mokkan,Martin,and Malkariss.18 Wolf Riders
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Pikepaw

Almkman you forgot Malkariss and the second Martin should be Martin two or MartinII
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Almkman

Do you even know who Mangiz is?It should be Martin because that's his proper name not MartinII.

Pikepaw

Mangiz was the crow seer for General Ironbeak the raven who tried to take over Redwall in Mattimeo, but in the final battle against the Redwallers Constance the badger hit Mangiz hard and the Crow hit the wall killing him while Stryk Redkite fought Ironbeak on the roof where she killed him.  Also I was talking about Malkariss the white polecat who enslaved young woodlanders to build his kingdom but his own slaves stoned him until he was completely covered with stones that he could not be seen and died not Mangiz.  Do not test me for I have read all the Redwall books except for Triss and Loamhedge, making 14 Redwall books read in all and I know my Redwall history well.  Do not mess with me when it comes to the facts about the 14 Redwall books I have read.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Almkman

I know who Malkariss was and Loamhedge wasn't a book.I've read every book at least three times.If you know so much about the Redwall books then you would know Martin's proper name is Martin not Martin II.There's 15 books.

Pikepaw

I said I haven't read Triss yet and I heard that Loamhedge might be coming out on redwall.org okay and I know that about Martin, I just think some people would be confused by it who haven't read all the books.

Almkman

I hear(but I doubt it) that three books are coming out.Tribe of the Otters,Tribe of the Mice,and Tribe of the Badgers.

Almkman

Have you read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman  and it's sequel?

The Lady Shael

Quote from: PikepawI just think some people would be confused by it who haven't read all the books.
Since I am the judge of this contest, I assure you I wouldn't be confused, since I own all the Redwall books, including Triss, even Salamandastron and Taggerung in the British version, and I've read them all at least 15 times, I've counted. Also, I run an info site on the Redwall series, and I've learned a lot more about the characters and things and hidden meanings in Redwall than a lot of other people never will know.

[EDIT] I've read Castaways, but I haven't seen the sequel around yet...partly because I'm too lazy to go down to the bookstore.

Almkman

I only found this place because I was looking for information on new books.

Pikepaw

I only found this place in search for Redwall fun.  I have not read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman or its squeal.  Oh yeah, I own Tribes of Redwall Otters and Tribes of Redwall Badgers but I haven't heard of tribe of mice.  I only own eight Redwall books and have read the whole thing of Redwall twice but I do reread certain parts of the books.