Out of all the latest and greatest movies

Started by Peace Alliance, May 18, 2003, 12:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Mines LOTR 2. but the new matrix is AWSOME!

Ashyra Nightwing

I haven't seen it. I thought the first LOTR film was coooool..

Ruatine

LOTR II is awesome! However, as a die hard book fan, I found it quite disappointing how they changed some of the characters so much. I.E.: Faramir and Frodo
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Pikepaw

I haven't seen the Matrix reloaded yet but I think DARE DEVIL was not very good, yet I won't ruin it for people who have not seen it yet.  I LOR II was awesome, I really liked the weapons they got fought with(I'm a fan of weapons that exsited before guns). :)  :)  :snicker:  :D  :D  
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Peace Alliance

Before...... guns?................... you must be canadian!

I think LOTR II was way better then the first. the second was more exiting. And The battle at Helms Deep was AMAZING!

i dont really think it was too far from the book. Everyones got they're own version of what things look like in they're head.

Dead Eye

That is why books and movies are always different. The director sees a different way that say the reader or author. It's all a matter of opion of what the character is EXATLY like. I think the author is the only one who can really say what the charachters personality is.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

i agree. Tolkien should have directed the movie :lily:

oh, and i forgot to put Harry Potter (ROFL) ROTFLMAO!!!

lol, jk

OH, who put other? and what was you're fav?

Almkman

LOTR II was the better because Legolas and Gimli are funnier especially at Helm's Deep.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Ruatine

Peter Jackson totally changed the story line for Faramir though! In the book, Faramir was kinder and more noble than his brother, Boromir. In the book, Faramir at first detains Frodo and Sam, and then after learning that Frodo holds the ring, he lets them go. In the movie, Faramir is very much like his brother--power hungry and greedy. In the movie, Faramir hold Sam and Frodo captive and takes them to Gondor to give up the ring to his father, and then they escape after a Nazgul shows up.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

TR Shadow

I voted Other because I didn't like any of those movies =\.  My favorites are Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Left Behind.

Sha

People who say Tolkien has no sense of humour haven't read the books carefully. There's a great deal of humour in it, especially Pippin, Merry, and Gimli.

I haven't seen The Two Towers yet, as I'm rather deprived; however, from what I've heard, I'm rather glad I haven't. I have a million annoyances about changes in The Fellowship of the Ring movie and apparently TTT has even more changes. Oi. Like Gimli being reduced to slapstick-ish comedy? 'Tis a horror. Anyway. I'll stop ranting about that. *grins*

As for Harry Potter... they changed certian things in those movies that may turn out to be important later on. Though, I will admit, The Chamber of Secrets movie was much much better than Socerer's Stone. Indeed. I'm not a crazy HP fan, though. *clings to her LotR*

Julie is quite right about the anime-ish movies, though I don't know if I'd like them better. I definitely don't like the Left Behind movie for reasons that were discussed in a chat the other day... my reasons for not liking the books. Gladiator was a little violent for my tastes, I didn't like what I saw of the Matrix, so I am not going to see Matrix II, nor am I interested in XMen or X2. I don't watch many movies, really. The last three movies I have seen in the theatre, in order, are: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Ice Age, and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings. Like I said, I don't see that many movies. Ah, I'm so boring. *runs away from her long reply*  

Pikepaw

I think it's cooler to fight with swords, axes, spears, etc. rather than just shooting someone.  I am a Canadian but I'm an annoying wacko so what ever you do NEVER base me as an example of even the people in my house because I'm an individual.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Peace Alliance

I think harry potter is just a watered down fantasy book. In many ways you can directly link the characters to ones on Tolkiens book. Gandalf = the head wizard dood for example...... But i have to admit, i still read all the books :unsure:

I saw that left behind movie  :blink: . it was... a little odd.  

Veranor

Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are two very awesome movies
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Almkman

I prefer swords to because it's easier to sneak up on someone with one.Also you can do duels and with guns you kill a person or wound them seriously.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!