A question....

Started by Ereptor, May 17, 2003, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

If someone you don't like breaks the rules do you forgive him and punish him the same?  If a friend breaks the rules do you punish him the same and forgive him also?

Think about that now answer this question.

If Ereptor ( someone you may or may not like ) gets deleted when a tornado knocks the internet down and he cannot log in.  He is deleted for inactivity and he wasn't even inactive for a week yet.  Do you turn your head away and say, "serves him right."  Or "no skin off my back."  Or "Why should i care."

If this person had been raine, Ad, calria, or others, would you have stood up for them?  Or would you not say anything and just let it be.  

Think about it.  I am saddend by this fact.  I don't think i will come back to rwl.  This lack of following simple rules and sticking to them has me wondering who really runs this game...
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

I am with you Ereptor. I feel bad you aren't back on an account(yes i am leaving, on monday night!)
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

I think that if the game resets then there is no reason to bring you back. but if the game is continued its only fair to let you play as you were. everyones stronger now and its possible that you well be broken anyways....

Ereptor

Rofl.  Your funny peace.  Geeze you get me everytime.  Whhooaaa.   ok breath Ereptor....phew.   Ok, ..... nuber1.  I could have maybe have been broken, but i feel for the person who did.  number 2 reset or not, to take my account away and not put it back just because of a reset.  That makes no sense.  I therefor do not recognize anyone who claims to be Emperor after my "fall."  Good day
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Abby The Rat

They wouldn't do it for me and I am a friend. If I get get deleted for idling then I will get deleted just like you have done for what ever reason

I do not pay to keep this game running and I do not know the Admins personally or help out in anyway. They could pretty much and I do not care ban me without reason, but they don't because they want me to enjoy.

I remember the post where you said Admins asked you to give up your place. They could of deleted you, but they didn't.

Look on the brights side. I will stand by you and say you are the longest living Empetor and no-one was able to take that place into the end. I will say, you were untouchable and only nature have brought you down.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Peace Alliance

it took the power of the gods and mother nature to bring you down!! you were so good you were above the game!!! untauchable if it weren't for the all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RazorClaw

Quote from: Peace Allianceit took the power of the gods and mother nature to bring you down!! you were so good you were above the game!!! untauchable if it weren't for the all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That, Peace Alliance, is a good example of spam. It's also one of the most bizzare posts I have ever seen on these forums. Go back to watching The Simpsons and any other wierd shows you watch.

Peace Alliance

The Simpsons are on??
Bah, calm down RazorClaw. It was just a post detailing how high and mighty Ereptor was. Sure it was pointless, i agree, but i dont care. Leave me a lone, and dont bring telivision into this!!!!!!! T.V. did nothing to you!!

Ruatine

*bows to Ereptor*

It's too bad that they won't bring you back. I can see both points of view though. Your reign will live in everyone's memories. Some will consider it a good and prosperous reign. Others will say you were the worst emperor that ever ruled. Let it be said that I found myself in extremely hot water when your account was deleted.

1.) I had just used all my turns.
2.) I had just sent two maxed out aid packages.
3.) Everybody who ever wanted to get at you attacked me.

*shrugs* It was fun while it lasted though. Just remind me never to send a maxed out aid package ever again, never to speak of two. *shakes her head*  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

wolf bite

Ereptor, I agree with you to a point.  I do see it to be unfair that you are not in the game, and really should have a right to play with all the work you gained.  

But the other side of the coin wins in that we have all been forced to play assuming you are not and will not be there.  You comming back would be a slaughter.  No one has the defences for you nor do I anymore have the 110 million stoats I was going to break you with.

I would be willing to go this far as for fairness. Bring Ereptor's net worth back and put him on vacation.  That way the game ends with the rank he earned.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ereptor

Nicely put Wolf.  But fair is fair.  And if you are going to have a game you should stick to the rules.  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

The Beatles

I posted this somewhere but it got deleted, I think.

Raine was restored after inactivity for a week. So  not bringing back Ereptor after 5 days, even without a tornado, is, an unfair and biased decision.

(Here I go again, [edit] Off People In Power.... lol, that's me)

Retto

I talked to you about this, Ereptor. What do you get by me spending half an hour or more ressurecting you? (For everyone else's info, Ereptor promised that if he was ressurected, he would not attack anyone else, just spend his time getting his networth a little higher) You would get a networth of around 2 billion, and a place immortalized in the list when things get reset. When I put up that list, I already promised that I am going to be putting special tribute to you. So, from half an hour to an hour of scrounging which could, frankly, be spent on something like a backup for when RWL gets hacked, I spend time so that someone else is nocked off that list, and you have an exact networth you can call your own?

Consider it to the other people, who did not make a plea to me to ressurect their accounts, but got deleted for inactivity - it happened to me. Those that I did ressurect had KEY differences. When they went away, it was not the opening numerous people needed to change the game around. When they went away, they asked, kindly, and with consideration soon after it had happened - not two days after.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

bjornredtail

Can't you just dissable the boot for inactivaty 'feature'?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

The Beatles

1. It doesn't matter how they ask you, it is the admin's thing. While Retto is right in that it is the admin's whim to resurrect someone (they don't have to, and it is nice of them if they do it). However, it is only fair to treat all players evenly. However, it is the admin's whim to be fair: it is their game, and they don't have to be impartial or fair. Very few admins are. Including RWL admins. It's their game, they work to keep it up for you, and if they humor you by being fair too, it's an added bonus for you, but if they aren't, you should still be grateful. If you want to leave, then leave, but while you play their game, you  have exactly as many rights as they tell you, and you had better be grateful. At the same time, this is a mutual thing: by playing their game, if you respect them and the rules, you are causing them joy at the fruits of their work, so they are grateful to you. But since they made the game you are grateful to them, even though, paradoxically, they serve you in making the game. If you leave the game, but were a good player, they are sad to see you go. Thus, they make a good game, and you play it. That is what the two sides bring to the relationship. So there is mutual gratefulness, and happiness (you enjoy it, they enjoy that you enjoy it), as long as you play by the rules and respect them. So if there is a disagreement, then, without knowing what is going on, they are still in control. You have to accept what they say and get over it. If you can't, or you want to cause them a pang, or you just don't want to keep playing in the game, then it is mutually understood that you are free to leave.
On a personal note, however, don't do that.

2. As to the other argument, briefly:
The process of resurrecting someone takes,  approximately, 1 minute and 40 seconds, if you only approximate the land. If you don't approximate the land, it takes a LOT of time. About 4  minutes, 20 seconds. About the time it takes to type your above message, Retto, and I'm sure Ereptor wouldn't mind you approximating the land.

~Beatles