Hacked in RWL

Started by Scarwake, May 14, 2003, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarwake

Like Ad and a few others, I've now been Hacked in RWL Regular.  I've been in the Top Ten for over a month now, and it's become a major problem when we've got members' accounts being deleted by a hacker.  I'd like to see some form of better security for RWL when the reset comes, because when stuff like this happens the game no longer becomes fun!
I'm not mad at the admins, because I know they're doing what they can,  but this really *edits self* me off!  A lot of us have worked hard for our positions in the top ten, and for what, to have our accounts be deleted by a hacker! Its rediculous and I'm gonna stop talking now before I get *edit self again* even more and burst out in outrage.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ruatine

*hugs TJ* It'll be okay. Though I have to say that I nearly cried when I saw that your account had been deleted. By the way, in reply to one of your messages that I didn't get to reply to: I think I'm a better fiction writer than a nonfiction writer. If you want to see something by me, I'll send you a piece of my writings.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

wolf bite

That is so sad. I just checked to see you gone.  How many have this happened too?

Is there a "save to disk" or anything so that we can at least put people back to their last 24 hours?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

I thought something was wrong when I saw that your name was not there by the attack, just the number 33. I don't mind that you attacked me... I feel really sorry for you. I've never lost an account, but I know what it's like to lose everything you've put so much effort into overnight...  :(  

Retto

Wolf Bite's idea is a very interesting one - I'm going to look into putting in a 24-hour backup thing. It wouldn't back EVERYONE up when one person got hacked, but rather just restore that one person. ::realizes that's what Wolf Bite meant. heh::

I'm also going to look at the error responding for these forums, and see if we can have a similar one for the games, so that an error can automatically be fixed if encountered...and people automatically restored.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Badrang the Tyrant

Cool idea Wolf Bite!

Trident

*Hugs TJ like she always does*

Too bad there doesn't seem a way to permenetly get rid of hackers.

Badrang the Tyrant

I wish there were!  Or if I knew any of them, I would give them a good telling off. :P  

Kenny Boy

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantI wish there were!  Or if I knew any of them, I would give them a good telling off. :P
Me too, I would really get mad at them, they are mean! ::cries:: <---- look he is barfing haha
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

Scarwake

Thank you all for your concern, and I like Wolf Bite's Idea of a back-up thing that'd really help out on the loss of accounts, and as far as how many this has happened to I'm not sure, but I know that Ad and myself have been I'm sure others have been to.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album