Is it good...

Started by Killer_Wolf, May 11, 2003, 07:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer_Wolf

to have 30,370 defense points?

wolf bite

First, it is never good to tell anyone about your real stats. Not everyone here is as nice about things as some of us are.  There are some of us that will look at them and never harm you, be carful who you tell what to.

Your DP is all the decense points from your armies and your towers.  The amount you have, and what is a good amount, depends largly on how big you are.  If you are just out of protection, 30K is rather good. If you were in the top ten, they would kill you with only that few.  

Also there are a lot of stratagies that can be played. (see the main page for the basic ones) Some care more about attacking and have a lower DP, others care more about keeping the land they have thus a higher DP.  

In short, if the guys about your size fail in their attacks on you, you are doing fine.

PS. I like Wolfs

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Killer_Wolf

oh thanks for the info :)  

Brock

Killer Wolf, I know you're new here and all but if you could just use capitalization and puctuation it would make the forums a cleaner and more enjoyable place to be.  Plus you would get out of newbiehood faster.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Killer_Wolf

calria

Also, it's a good idea to not post a one-word post. That could be taken as being spam, which has some dire consequences if the admins and mods take it to be too much. On top of this, oldbies are less likely to feel kindly toward you if you spam and post using incorrect English. :-) We're actually pretty nice, I think, but we do have a few pet peeves.

Holby

And they're big pets. :D

I don't see why we all have to jump on the supposed newb with cries of "don't do this!" "Don't do that!"
I would find it slightly intimidating, actually, if it were me those posts were directed at. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes.
We don't want to scare everyone away. A few months ago I was paranoid about this sort of stuff, but we've got to learn to give people a break. Dead Eye was my punching bag, and looking back, I'm sorry I acted that way.
We talk of oldbies, newbies, and middlebies, but no one should be classed as one. We're all RWL forum goers, just some know how to behave more than others. Guide them to do the right thing, but give some slack, OK?
I will not deleted this

Abby The Rat

But alsa, Holbs, the newbies need some form of ranking so that why oldbie and ME was made.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

wolf bite

I fully agree with Holby.  We are all people here and I have never put down a person based on how well they type, spell, play or how long they have been playing.

We want / need more people in the game like "killer wolf" and should welcome those new people and do all we can to teach them to be the best they can be so the game is agaisnt better players.

I further think that puting someone else down to make us fell better is closer to a sickness based on personal low self worth.  We are dealling with people that have feelings, not words on a screen.

There are no "rules" that a person must know how to spell or use "caps" to post.  And if there was, then we should give the new players a bit of slack until they have a better understanding and can have friendly jabing from their friends.  We also must remember that many players are very young, and such things are hard for them.  By insulting and intimadating a person, that person may not feel safe to make post when they really need help or have something that everyone may want to hear.

HAVE I MADE MY POINT!?!?!?!?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Dead Eye

I accept your appology Holby. Actually, your one of my favorite people to talk to in the ROC. Even though we don't talk much, your not as serious as most, and your pretty funny. Now Calria and her corrections, well...
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Pikepaw

Quote from: wolf biteWe want / need more people in the game like "killer wolf" and should welcome those new people and do all we can to teach them to be the best they can be so the game is agaisnt better players.  I further think that puting someone else down to make us fell better is closer to a sickness based on personal low self worth.  We are dealling with people that have feelings, not words on a screen.  There are no "rules" that a person must know how to spell or use "caps" to post.  And if there was, then we should give the new players a bit of slack until they have a better understanding and can have friendly jabing from their friends.  We also must remember that many players are very young, and such things are hard for them.  By insulting and intimadating a person, that person may not feel safe to make post when they really need help or have something that everyone may want to hear.

HAVE I MADE MY POINT!?!?!?!?

Wolf Bite
I think what Wolf bite says should count for me too.  Although I know no spaming outside the spam room.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

calria

Please see my post in the polling section... I don't want to annoy you all anymore. I'm sorry.

I thought I was helping... I thought you guys liked me...
I've never meant to be mean to most of you, I promise.