RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Drakus, June 06, 2013, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakus

God doesn't exist. Go ahead, argue. *Sits back, grabs popcorn*
meow

Gen. Volkov

Actually, we just don't definitively know if God exists or not. Even most Christians will admit that they don't know definitively, they just believe he does.

Here's a more contentious post:

Faith: firm belief in something for which there is no proof or contradictory evidence

Delusion: firm belief in something for which there is no proof or contradictory evidence
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ungatt Trunn II

Over zealous atheists are just as annoying as over zealous theists.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Drakus

You're supposed to be arguing, not complaining about the argument.

Atheism points:

1. No evidence.

2. There is evidence that contradicts some of the oft-followed religions.

Theism points:

1. The universe is too perfect to be random.

2. Who caused the Big Bang? Certainly not Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady! (chuckle chuckle. Gettit, they wrote the show The Big Bang Theory).

All right, argue.
meow

Ungatt Trunn II

I refuse to legitimize any argument. It's like arguing with a child over the existence of Santa Claus (who is totally real btw). 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

Arguing?  ish.  You did post in Spa

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on June 06, 2013, 11:36:23 AM

Not really, no.

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ungatt Trunn II

No, they're exactly as annoying. Just two stupid sides of the same stupid coin, minted in the name of stupidity.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Drakus

But think about this: When there is a conflict of belief where one side claims the existence of something that the other denies, one should always consider non-existence when there is absolutely no evidence (which is the status of the Theism vs. Atheism debate).

Otherwise, I will assert that Flying purple unicorns inhabit the land of Tartu and visit us at Area 51.

Religion is nothing but an exploitation of a lack of knowledge, a comforting narcotic, an excuse not to think.

Come at me, theists.
meow

Ungatt Trunn II

The entire argument is just another reason humans have to compartmentalize so they can have yet another reason to claim some primitive form of superiority over one another. If it wasn't this it'd be something else. Religion is a symptom, not a cause.

I refuse to argue for or against something which has absolutely nothing to do with anything significant. Some loon somewhere in the world probably thinks hot dogs can talk. Good for him, I don't care. The personal belief or lack thereof when applied to anyone that is not me is completely irrelevant, to think otherwise is to think irrationally.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on June 06, 2013, 11:36:23 AM

I agree.

I'm all for debating about this kind of stuff but saying "GOD DOESN'T EXIST, NOW DEBATE" is not conducive to a good debate.

Uiblis

I see "Spa room"

i see "RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Ungatt Trunn II

It srs, but unstable. It's likely to completely destabilize soon. 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Camaclue

Quote from: Uiblis on June 06, 2013, 04:42:11 PM
I see "Spa room"

i see "RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on June 06, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
It srs, but unstable. It's likely to completely destabilize soon. 
like radioactive elements that break down until stable or dead?
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Ungatt Trunn II

No, nothing like that. It never becomes stable in spa.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Wordsarecool

Only one way to find out for sure. I should say what it is, but I won't for suspense and I forgot to SAY IT.