The Christian corner

Started by Wyanor, May 09, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

*you're all fools.

And yeah, this may be getting a bit mean.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wyanor

That's my point. We should delete it and I will refrain from posting things like this thread.
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Kilkenne

Raggon

Quote from: Sharptooh on May 10, 2013, 12:09:18 PM
And hell isn't really mentioned in the bible as far as I'm concerned

Think you miscounted. It is mentioned, not by name because Hell is an English term, about 50 times in the Bible.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Krowdon

Quote from: Raggon on May 13, 2013, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Sharptooh on May 10, 2013, 12:09:18 PM
And hell isn't really mentioned in the bible as far as I'm concerned

Think you miscounted. It is mentioned, not by name because Hell is an English term, about 50 times in the Bible.

examples?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Drakus

I gave a huge anti-religion speech in art class. No one listened.
meow

Krowdon

Why would you do that in art class. Doesnt seem the place.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Camaclue

rants are an art style
duh
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThink you miscounted. It is mentioned, not by name because Hell is an English term, about 50 times in the Bible.

Actually, it's not. I wrote a big rant about this awhile back. The words that are translated as "Hell" in the English version of the Bible do not actually mean "Hell".

Go here if you want to read it: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=16820.msg354043#msg354043
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Raggon

QuoteThe sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each one was judged according to his deeds.  Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death – the lake of fire.

This is in Revelation 20:13-14

QuoteAnd these (people not saved) will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

This is in Matthew 25:46

QuoteIt will be this way at the end of the age. Angels will come and separate the evil from the righteous 13:50 and throw them into the fiery furnace,  where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mathew 13:49-50

Quoteit's unlikely Christ told his followers to accept a pagan belief, so Hades likely means the same thing as Sheol, when Jesus uses the word.

These two are completely unrelated. And even if Jesus was a liar, he wouldn't tell anyone to follow a religion other than his. So yes, It is very likely.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Kilkenne

Oooh are we quoting our favorite books now?

"In France, a chemist named Pilatre de Rozier tested the flammability of hydrogen by gulping a mouthful and blowing across an open flame, proving at a stroke that hydrogen is indeed explosively combustible and that eyebrows are not necessarily a permanent feature of one's face." 

Bill Bryson A Short History of Nearly Everything

Camaclue

Kilkenne

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Camaclue