The Christian corner

Started by Wyanor, May 09, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Camaclue

DARN ALL 7 OF THEM DONKEYS
DARN EM TO HECK
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Wyanor

I dot believe Hell is a place of fire and brimstone. It's possible but I know it is a place were evil-doing-God-hating-sinners go.
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Wyanor

They suffer severely and then they wish that they had tried believing in God better. All of us are going to know about it when we die. And those that cursed His name shall fall into suffering.

Wyanor

Hell gives us a reason to believe in God. The fact that Hell is waiting for the unbeliever strengthens Christian faith in God. People always have to see to believe. When Jesus died for us (you and everyone else in the world) he broke down the gates of Hell and freed us from death. But people just turned back to sin and fell into the darkness again. It has been said that Lazuras the friend of Jesus who died and lay in the tomb for four days went to Hell during this time.  When he was brought back to life by the blessed savior he never laughed again. Except once when he saw a man staling a clay pot. He laughed and he said "Clay is stealing clay". That is what we are. Nothing but beings created from the dust by a higher being. He loves you all and as I am (technically since you think science is so much better) your brother I love you to. I pray for your souls that they may be saved. 

Wyanor

I strive my best to love God. And it is hard. I have often let my mind wander to the proof of His existence and I have realized that you must have faith in Him. I tried posting a picture of an icon of the Christ but as unfairly as the admins. and regulators are, it was changed and a false picture was posted. I guess I'm sorry if your scared to look upon a real picture of a image representing the Christ.

Wyanor

So if anyone of the regulators or admins are brave, I will ask them to restore that picture to what it was supposed to look like.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHell gives us a reason to believe in God. The fact that Hell is waiting for the unbeliever strengthens Christian faith in God. People always have to see to believe. When Jesus died for us (you and everyone else in the world) he broke down the gates of Hell and freed us from death. But people just turned back to sin and fell into the darkness again. It has been said that Lazuras the friend of Jesus who died and lay in the tomb for four days went to Hell during this time.  When he was brought back to life by the blessed savior he never laughed again. Except once when he saw a man staling a clay pot. He laughed and he said "Clay is stealing clay". That is what we are. Nothing but beings created from the dust by a higher being. He loves you all and as I am (technically since you think science is so much better) your brother I love you to. I pray for your souls that they may be saved. 

Hell is a threat, it's an extremely destructive theology to have, in fact, because you aren't bringing people to worship your God because they want too, but out of fear. It's theological terrorism. As for science, I don't think it's "better" than Christianity, though it is a heck of a lot more accurate, science operates in a completely different arena than religion, and as soon as Christians realize this and leave it alone, I'll be happy to never talk about Christianity again.

As for the picture of Jesus you posted, was he white or more middle-eastern looking? Because if the former, then he is not a "real picture of Christ".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wyanor

The icon is not made to look real as we know not what He looked like. Hell is not a threat, it is truly there waiting. Man has a free choice to choose heaven of hell. Mans stupid actions will lead him to hell, while belief leads him to heaven. You must have lots of love to be a Christian and believe in God. And I am not trying to force anybody to do anything and if you continue that thought process I will do nothing but post that image in every thread.

Wyanor

One thing I never understood is how people went so astray from God.

Firetooth

Hell is essentially the same principle as pointing a gun at somebody's head and asking them to do something. It's coercion, plain and simple. There is no "choice," unless you think "obey or die" is a fair decision. Most people wouldn't give me their wallet because I ask, but if I point a gun at them, of course they will give it to me. The idea of hell as an incentive turns God into a bully that does not fit at all with the "loving god" of the bible, who lacks the means to otherwise convince people to worship him. Then again a biblical contradiction is nothing new.

Also, if god is loving, explain 2nd Kings 2:23-5.  :) Look it up in your own bible, if you want.

And Volk, the picture was stereotypical white Jesus. Cute.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

Quote from: Wyanor on May 28, 2013, 01:58:25 PM
One thing I never understood is how people went so astray from God.
One thing I never understood is how Christians think God is real based on one book, even though there are plenty of other God's and plenty of other holy books. What makes God more real than Allah? I can guarantee you, if you were raised in an Islamic family, you would not be spouting biblical God on us.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wyanor

ha ha ha. Your making me laugh. God is beyond the understanding of even the greatest scholar on earth.

Wyanor

Perhaps if you were raised in a real Christian family you wouldn't be spouting contradictions towards your creator.

Firetooth

*You're.

If you're only defence is "you guys can't understand him," then why bother arguing with us? If we can't understand, why waste your time? Also, such an argument kind of suggests you don't have any actual way to discredit our arguments.

But do answer: if you were raised in an Islamic family, do you believe you'd worship biblical god?

Also, I was raised in a Christian family.  :P Most people on these forums were.