hey ungatt

Started by Kilkenne, May 06, 2013, 10:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

you have beautiful eyes

Krowdon

What was your first gun?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

A nugget. You are true man now.

I have a Russian Izhevsk 91/30, dated '42. I assume it was used as a sniper rifle because the receiver has been tapped for a scope and the front sight had the outer ring removed (likely to not interfere with the scope) and the bolt curves down instead of just jutting straight out (likely for the same reason). Thing can shoot the pecker off a gnat at 10 miles.

You will appreciate this
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

My first gun was a CZ-75, which is a handgun that displays every aspect that is glorious Czechnology. I literally bought it because our house had one attempted break in and two successful break ins. One of which I scared the guy off with a bat.

Anyhow...It took me like a week and a half to find local nugget food. It was the worst. I'm seeing if I can get a few cans cheap, though, when the place around here gets some more in.

Ungatt Trunn II

Have a can opener ready...

Right now I can't find .22, 7.62x39, .308, .223, or most pistol rounds anywhere. And the prices are crazy. I can, however, buy spam cans full of 7.62x54r and not break the bank much.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Ungatt Trunn II

Also post pics when you can.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

Yeah, will post some pics of today when it's not late at night when I'm drinkin', I'll PM some to you after they're uploaded.

I wore a longsleeved tshirt, tshirt, hoodie, and a light jacket to shoot...Still bruised the crap out of my shoulder. Won't exaggerate like a lot of noguns but for real there's some force there.

I wish I could buy spam cans here for a reasonable amount...I got Bulgarian surplus in the big crate full of cans though so I'm good for a while I guess.

Ungatt Trunn II

The recoil teaches you to conserve ammo, because otherwise you'd burn through it because why not? Cheap rifle cheap ammo.

Did it come with the bayonet, sling and weird tool thing which serves no apparent purpose?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

Just the bayonet, didn't get the sling tool that I didn't know existed. I use the bayonet to open ammo cans because I am a man.

Ungatt Trunn II

No, the sling and tool are two separate things.

That thing right there. It sometimes comes with the rifle, along with the bayonet and a sling. No one knows what it does. The gun has like 3 screws and two bands which hold the entire thing together so it seems pointless, especially when the bayonet doubles as a flathead screwdriver. (well, some do).
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

Nah, I didn't get that. Knew what you were talking about because ~the internet~, but I only got the sling and bayonet. I feel like I've been robbed of some weird tool that I could use as a bottle opener. Also I don't think my bayonet would be a good flathead screwdriver. I guess if the screw was big enough and I had to really haul on it...My bayonet isn't pointed but it's rounded enough and beveled hard enough that it wouldn't be a great idea.

Ungatt Trunn II

Mine didn't come with the sling or bayonet. Let alone the tool. Then again I got it for free. From what I hear, quite often the bayonet simply will not fit the rifle. The only one I've seen first hand was the one on my friend's m44 mosin nagant carbine. It has the type of bayonet that folds off to the side.

You can kinda see it in this pic. Anyway the bayonet on that is essentially a really big flathead screwdriver, but I don't think it matters when you're charging the enemy with commissar ivan on your butt, the momentum would just kinda throw you into the enemy.

Also the m44 has such a short barrel that the already impressive boom upgrades itself to cannon.
But it ain't no obrez.

(apparently this is a good idea)
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Camaclue

It's like a sawed off
but it's a rifle so it's spread shot would be poopy butts
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Genevieve

Shadow

Is that thing effectively a rifle without the benefit of a shoulder behind it?

What is it's purpose?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..