finished my AP Environemtal Science Test

Started by Krowdon, May 06, 2013, 10:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

And since all the tests are picked up I can be on my phone. Clearly RWL is the best use of my time.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kilkenne

More like AP Boring Nerd Stuff.

Congrats on finishing your thing though, really.

Krowdon

I hope I did alright. There's a lot of stuff on there we didn't even learn.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Sharptooh

What's an AP? It's probably stupidly obvious but I've not heard the term used before

Kilkenne

It's basically university/college level courses taken whilst still in secondary school. You get credit for them if you score above a certain level.

Sharptooh

Interesting, I don't believe such a thing exists here

Krowdon

I have to score a 3 to get credit.

I have to take an English Language and Composition one on Friday, and I feel better about that.

Kilkenne

The European and American history ones are a joke, you should take those if you have any high school remaining and they're available. I got a 5 on the European and 4 on the US one without studying. Basically just showed up in class and paid attention.

Krowdon

I'm taking AP Psychology, AP Literature, AP Japanese, and AP Prob + Stats next year.

No one passes AP Japanese ever though.

Kilkenne

Well, if you do well at least in the other three, you'll end up with 5 classes complete, basically negating an entire semester of college, so that's neat.

Krowdon

Of course, the college I go to would have to accept those credits. Some don't.

Shadow

I managed to avoid doing an English class in university by getting 4 on the AP English one. Yay (almost) all of university without writing a single essay!
I actually had to write one for a subatomic physics class, but I just recycled some other work.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

Most do, it's a common reciprocity. The AP exams are administered by an accredited board of people who know how to weigh these exams against college tests for applicable classes. The funny thing here is that AP classes, I found, were more rigorous than freshman level collegiate courses.

windhound

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 06, 2013, 11:12:37 AM
The funny thing here is that AP classes, I found, were more rigorous than freshman level collegiate courses.

This.
"We're preparing you for college!"
Heh.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Many college level courses are worth taking anyway. I retook first year calculus even though I did well on the AP exam, and it was definitely worth it.

Repetition and practice are key to learning many things. Skipping a semester of college sounds appealing, but I think your sanity will thank you not to.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..