Next round theme suggestion

Started by Drakus, April 14, 2013, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakus

Here are my suggestions for the next round's theme:

Stupid idea: Everyone is given one acre of land. No scouting, no attacking, Landfarm is disabled. You can demolish and build freely. The point is to do the best with that one acre. It's a troll theme.

Troll Idea: The races are replaced with Pokemon: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Electabuzz, Magmar, Mr. Mime.

Nice Idea: Land gains from attacking are drastically increased, but all troops used in the attack disappear forever. Defending troops will die regularly.

Weird Idea: Everyone who joins is in a forced clan, but the first guy to join (except for three admins) becomes a player-controlled super account. Scouting is magnified a bit. The clan must take down the emperor.

Difficult idea: Networth is only measured in how much cash/food/troop cash worth you have. Choose one.

Cash Crisis: Everyone starts with a large amount of cash and food but gains no more of it for the rest of the round. It cannot be bought, sold, stolen, or poisoned. It is not factored into net worth. Troops can be bought with it. If you run out of cash OR food, you are executed and have to be revived.

Please consider these. Also, feel free to add your own.
meow

Shadow

I kind of like the finite resources idea. I won't have time to code it for next round, but later on perhaps.

It could be fun to take that a step further: make all cash spent and expended go into the lottery, which would run every few hours to keep things going quickly. No cash or food would ever leave the game, it would just get redistributed. I would leave steal in, and maybe poison too, though poisoning would just send it to the lottery.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Drakus

Leaving steal in would make it really easy for people to get killed.

Also, no aiding resources.

Another Idea: How about a land-lottery: numbers are randomly drawn and the warlord who gets the win gets 30,000 acres.
meow