top strategies

Started by The white Knight, April 11, 2013, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The white Knight

so, being as i'm new to this 3.0 thing what are the top strategies for turbo? i've noticed that marten, lizard, rat, and weasel races can be very potent. but how do you use them? (excluding rat/lizard because i've used them already)

Shoot

Can't say much for those races since I never really played those, but magpie as a casher strat is quite good, and I'd imagine weasel and marten would play a casher strat nicely.

Best production (from what I've seen) is 100% markets, tax rate 45% (set tax rate to 11% while attacking and above 83% health) (susceptible to harmful missions, not recommended except under certain themes)
A safer option is 80% markets, 20% huts, tax rate 45%. (some protection from leaders)

Alternate your income settings between 100% food and 100% cash depending on what you're more in need of and use appropriate leader buff for income if using huts and while not attacking.

Last 40 turns, take your leader count and divide it by 175 (rounded up) to figure out how many huts you need to keep all your leaders, and demolish everything else (markets and excess huts) and drop the now unbuilt land. This will give you great defense against leader attacks and let you stockpile some cash. Hopefully you dont get sacked too much the next time you run.

Another good strat which I learned from an administrator here is the strat where you find somebody running the above strat, but was nice enough to not stall the game by dropping to a maxed out land farm and steal all their cash with the fact that there is no hit limit with steal! To pull this off, gather as much land as you can from everybody (make sure to max out the land farm, this is the most important step!), and build nothing but huts. Once you get a good deal of leaders (about 400 or so turns into your run), divide that by 175, drop everything except the number you calculated to the now maxed out land farm (so nobody can access the land for 12 hours, very important), and spam steal to your hearts content. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done ^_^

Shadow

I can't even claim to be the best at passive aggression anymore.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Durza

So some one has achieved a level beyond shadow :o

QuoteNeobaron 2011: One does not simply reach Shadow levels of passive-aggressiveness.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Kilkenne

Quote from: Shadow on April 12, 2013, 09:40:07 AM

I resent this.

Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on April 12, 2013, 09:40:07 AM
I miss Neo :(
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The white Knight

Quote from: Durza on April 12, 2013, 06:19:41 PM
So some one has achieved a level beyond shadow :o

QuoteNeobaron 2011: One does not simply reach Shadow levels of passive-aggressiveness.

who?

Wyanor

White Knight. It seems for a new player that you do quite well. Better than me.
I am an Orthodox Christian.