Christmas

Started by Ian2424, December 25, 2012, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Mortspear

.....that would be wasting a perfectly good short sword. Honestly, that's ridiculous! Swords are meant for one purpose---- to kill. And anyone who says that swords are obsolete needs to be reminded that a person with a blade is dangerous to someone with a gun out to 21 feet.
SEMPER FIDELIS, EULALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wordsarecool

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 06:54:13 PM
.....that would be wasting a perfectly good short sword. Honestly, that's ridiculous! Swords are meant for one purpose---- to kill. And anyone who says that swords are obsolete needs to be reminded that a person with a blade is dangerous to someone with a gun out to 21 feet.

Those who live by the sword...
...get shot by those who don't.

Captain Mortspear

hey I didn't say that a sword would be my only weapon. I love M-14s.

Wordsarecool

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 06:56:17 PM
hey I didn't say that a sword would be my only weapon. I love M-14s.

There's really no reason for us to be over there right now anyways.

Wordsarecool

Oh, and spears > swords

Captain Mortspear

swords are more maneuverable than spears plus a sword can cut through a spear shaft

Wordsarecool

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
swords are more maneuverable than spears plus a sword can cut through a spear shaft

or get lodged in the spear shaft.

Spears offer a longer reach, have a (limited) parrying ability, and require much less endurance, skill, and strength to use effectively

Captain Mortspear

if the sword is properly maintained it won't get stuck, it will cut straight through. attacks with spears are pretty obvious and easy to block or dodge. a properly trained swordsman is a much trickier opponent. a spear is a good weapon that is swift and nimble, but against a sword it falls short, against a axe, mace or other similarly slow weapon, however, it's a pretty good tool

Camaclue

automatic shotguns
no contest.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Captain Mortspear

at mid-range I completely agree with you although I do prefer assault rifles over shotguns, personally I like the M-14 'cause it's so accurate you can use it as a sniper rifle, it's semi-auto, and uses the same round as the AK-47, that way I can scavenge rounds from the enemy.

Wordsarecool

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 08:12:06 PM
at mid-range I completely agree with you although I do prefer assault rifles over shotguns, personally I like the M-14 'cause it's so accurate you can use it as a sniper rifle, it's semi-auto, and uses the same round as the AK-47, that way I can scavenge rounds from the enemy.

It does not use the same round as the AK-47...
Both are 7mm, yes, but the M14 uses an old-fashioned long rifle cartridge. The AK uses an assault rifle round (shorter).

Typhon

Captain Mortspear

@words

the M-14 and the AK-47 both shoot a 7.62x39 round. trust me I've looked into it. 

Wordsarecool

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 09:55:21 PM
@words

the M-14 and the AK-47 both shoot a 7.62x39 round. trust me I've looked into it.

From Wikipedia:
Quote"[The] M14 rifle, officially the United States Rifle, 7.62 mm, M14, is an American selective fire automatic rifle that fires 7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) ammunition."

Camaclue

Quote from: Wordsarecool on December 28, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Mortspear on December 28, 2012, 09:55:21 PM
@words

From Wikipedia:
Quote"[The] M14 rifle, officially the United States Rifle, 7.62 mm, M14, is an American selective fire automatic rifle that fires 7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) ammunition."

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]