wondering on y'alls opinions...

Started by calria, January 18, 2003, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

Just trying to get a general consensus on this, and none of my friends are replying to my Livejournal query about this, so I thought I'd give you dear sweet pillars of sanity a voice...

Ok, I am in my HS's AFJROTC colour guard, and we're marching in the town MLK day parade, which goes from the local black college to the civic center, which is about 2 miles, uphill, on interstate highways for the most part. I get to march this, in uniform, carrying the US flag *cough-I-was-an-idiot-to-join-colour-guard-cough* in the cold, wearing the rather uncomfortable AF shoes...

Can they really make us do this? *kicks it*

*edited 10 months later due to capitalization problems*
*eats Shael*

Menatus

Well an hour is enough time methinks. Takes about 20 mins to walk a mile about, so probably! XD!

Holby

I couldn't tell you how much a mile is...
We use the metric sysytem... I think that's what it's called?
With metres, kilometres, centimetres, etc.
I will not deleted this

Aden

Of course they can. Marching 2 miles in an hour is a really slow pace, that's 30 minutes a mile.
A mile is about 1600 meters.
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

Holby

Well, I hit they could walk it, anyway. Walking's good. Escpecially near a beach or a river. I don't think they'll be visiting those places, though.
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

I voted hahaha you're an idiot. Why not file a complaint??? Is there any reason why you shouldn't walk a mile??? You should be happy for the excercise. If you hate it so much, just get out of the AFJROTC and live a happy life??? Why is it that you use words to complain rather than your actions??? Start a protest!!!! A state-wide protest!!!! Why not go to a different school??? There are hundreds of solutions.

calria

a) excercise... *shudder* the evilness... the hideousness... I'm fat and happy lol
B) I need the PE credit to graduate
c) I prefer to be a whiner. it's more fun *s*

Trident

Fat and Happy?  I'm thin and mean  :D

Ne way, everybody always steals my "shut up," and "no you shut up" poll choices -.-

The Beatles

Innit cool how you make a list and it makes smilies?
Like:
A)
B)
C)

The Lady Shael

Heh. That annoys me sometimes...

I found something else amusing though...back then, our Queen of Grammatica neglected to capitalize her sentences...^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

Walking at 2 miles an hour isn't much to tell you the truth, and you're carrying the AMERICAN FLAG, you can't complain about that...I swim about 3500 yards an hour in practice for that for school...(One meter = 106 cm, Holbs, hehe)

wolf bite

Concent.  You joined, they can do what is needed.

Wolf Bite esq.
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

One Hit Wonder

Walking two miles in an hour isn't very hard, to tell you the truth...
<KATO>
Kill All That Oppose

user posted image

He opposed.

Veranor

Obviously she already did it. This was 10 months ago people...
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

bjornredtail

1 hr for 2 mile = comeing to marktime march every 5 seconds.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!