Halloween/autumn/Misc. October related things

Started by Krowdon, October 01, 2012, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I /LOVE/ your Weeping Angel costumes. I'll get back to you on the pumpkin. It's a bit early in the month to start one.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ashyra Nightwing

Weeping Angels is actually a really easy costume to do. All you need is:

Grey spray paint
Loads of grey body paint
'Ancienct Greek' style wig (google it)
Big feathery wings, the bigger the better
1 double bedsheet
Grey fabric dye
Grey cord
Safety pins

1. Spray the wig and wings grey
2. Dye the bedsheet grey
3. Paint your face and body
4. Put on wig
5. Put on bedsheet, toga-style, i.e.

(pin it up at the side to avoid it falling off)
6. Tie the cord round your waist
7. Put on wings

For extra amusement buy those fake glow in the dark vampire teeth. Put them in, stand behind someone and

DO IT KROWDS

Krowdon

Oh my god I might. I already have grey body paint. Not sure how much is left though. I'll talk to my sister see of she wants to do it. How long does it take to make?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ashyra Nightwing

Not long but you have to order the wings and the wig off the internet. Bedsheets take about a day to dye and dry and it's about the same for spraypainting the wings and wigs. You might need 2 cans of spray paint, I think I did.

Wig
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=greek+wig&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Nou&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1440&bih=760&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9341789485696947627&sa=X&ei=9QduUKHxLaSt0QWH_oCAAg&ved=0CFgQ8gIwAA (if that link works for you, looks a bit weird)

Wings I got off Ebay, there should be plenty on there around Halloween time. Just search for 'large feather wings' or something.

Best face paint
http://www.snazaroo.com/products/face-paints/classic-colours/individual-classic-colours-18ml/dark-grey-18ml.aspx
(get 1 tub each just in case - you will have to put more on as the night goes on)

You also have to make sure all the grey things are the same shade of grey :P Man I love fancy dress

Krowdon

Awesome. I am really considering this. My only issue is MONEY because I am already working on a costume for a convention.

Camaclue

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

stormsight

ppl are making me be part of the halloween stuff on base.
i am painting my face like turisas.

and it hits like a brick to the back of your head. like, goodbye, five times.
one for each finger.
and you say,
"my, my, the ways i've changed since then--the ways i've changed."
and all i ever say is,
"i'm tired."

Camaclue

Ashyra Nightwing

Camaclue

Kilkenne

it was better when ungatt et al made those unfunny terrible housestacks accounts and made a lot of unfunny posts maybe you guys should usher that era of terrible spa activity back in

also: knockwurst, halloween is much more important than anything else, you should spend the necessary amount of funds on it as this will be the basis for many creative halloweens to come, you will thank me in a few years

Firetooth

homestuck is the funniest thing since the big bang theory.

ie. it usually isn't very funny.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Quote from: Kilkenne on October 05, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
it was better when ungatt et al made those unfunny terrible housestacks accounts and made a lot of unfunny posts maybe you guys should usher that era of terrible spa activity back in

also: knockwurst, halloween is much more important than anything else, you should spend the necessary amount of funds on it as this will be the basis for many creative halloweens to come, you will thank me in a few years

I don't have a job how will I get the money back?

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: Kilkenne on October 05, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
it was better when ungatt et al made those unfunny terrible housestacks accounts

Weren't me, bo. Weren't me.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

Quote from: Krowdon on October 05, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
I don't have a job how will I get the money back?

You don't need money. Money is for squares, spend it all spend all the dollars.