Casualties

Started by Blood Wake, August 30, 2012, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

How many people has this site lost due to the new code?

I'm one of them, if there a list of people who haven't really come back since Turbo died?
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Firetooth

Hey hippie, I think a lot of the inactivity is people like Kilk and Neo who are the usual clan leaders are inactive due to irl stuff, and because people have been scared off by sevz and co.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

You are more passive aggressive than I am, it's hilarious.

There are only two people in RWL who have asked to have the code reverted. You and Sevs. If lots of people want it I'd go for it, but I really don't think the current inactivity is due to the code changes, considering turbo is more active than reg.

Exactly what is it you don't like about 3.0 anyway?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shores of Tripoli

I love the new code.

Words I almost never say: Change FTW!!

Yea, I was gone for awhile due to IRL poo.

Blood Wake

I don't even know anymore Shadow, I tried playing two rounds with the new code and it just made me sad, and now with it looking all fugly I'm even more saddened.

RWL is practically dead to me and I hate that.

Also, you guys don't know everyone's feelings, there's only about 15 people playing Turbo, that's pathetic compared to possibly even half a year ago.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Firetooth

The new design looks good, it's just unfinished. And the code is more balanced, and it's really not difficult. Just built 20-30% huts and everything else foragers or markets and you probably having a working strategy, lol. The dip in activity is due to several reasons. As Shadow said, reg is actually more inactive then turbo. The code isn't the cause of the inactivity.

And there's already 23 signups I can see in turbo 2 days in, so only about 15 isn't really accurate.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

If you have suggestions I'd be happy to entertain them. (Note that reg inactivity indicates that the new code is not the problem, so "revert the code" isn't a useful suggestion).

If you are just here to vaguely complain about how you don't like it, well, there's nothing I can do to help that. Feel free to work on that list you mentioned (I can't believe you actually said that and expected it to be taken seriously).

If you tell Peace what you don't like about his game redesign, he should be back from camp soon and may have time to work on it.

Blood Wake

Reg probably needs a reset, I'd be playing it if it seemed fun.

h

Shadow

What would a reg reset change? There's no big emping event going on, just a long war with WAR clan and myself and volkov.

RWL is interesting when you make it interesting. Join up and emp it.

Blood Wake

What do you mean what would a Reg Reset change? There has never been this few people playing Reg, and if there's more people over at Turbo it's either cause they prefer the code or this round of Reg has gotten stale and purposeless for them, or both.

I am kind of interested in helping against WAR though, assuming there's actually a devoted cause to taking them down.

h

Shadow

My point was that there is nothing happening on reg now that couldn't be restored within a couple of weeks of a reset.

But yea, feel free to join in. Volk and I could use the help.

windhound

The game mechanics changed with RWL3, if you try to play it the same way as you always did its not going to work. 
Sorry.
On the flip side, I think the game is easier for a newbie to pickup.  And Reg is still the old code.

I suspect we lost more people to the global logins transition than anything else, esp on reg. 
Even though I tried to make it as easy as possible and explained what was going on.  I think the site is better for it though, might just be me but there hasn't been any serious complaining about it.  Login page could use some more tweaking, especially the logged-out version, but eh.

Either way, activity isn't at an all-time low. 
I'm pretty sure there's been a turbo round or two where we didn't even have a full top ten.  We're not doin' bad, all considered. 
Life's tough for a nearly 10 year old text based game, but RWL is still twitching.

Theme wise, /shrug
Ollie's been wanting to put together a horizontal menu for years now.  Its not bad once you get used to it, just different than the standard vertical promi bar.  Poke him and give ideas.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

I don't mind the theme as much as I'd have expected to, it works way better than all other prom games that put a bad taste in my mouth because of their similar but crappy ideas.

I'd imagine I could grow to like it, It would be cooler with the dark beauty that Hidden Fox had.

Edit:
I don't understand how noobs can more easily pick this up at all. I still think there should be a YouTube video on the logged-out home page that shows the basic in the easiest way to understand.

Another edit with unrelated things.

I suggested long ago that you guys should take advantage of Google search "Promisance," RWL is on page 11.

I have a friend that has a job now in making Websites appear in google search 1st page, hopefully top 3. Perhaps we could even take advantage of "Redwall"

Also, It seems the game guide doesn't work, and isn't available in game

h

Shadow

Oh the game guide. Hasn't been relevent for like 8 years. Some day we will fix it ^_^.

As for SEO, if your friend is volunteering his services that would be lovely, but we can't afford to be paying for it.

Shores of Tripoli

I prefer the turbo code, that's why I'm not to active on reg.