Should we have a Game Vote on the Reset of RWL?

Started by Ereptor, April 26, 2003, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

REMEMBER....This is not a vote for a reset.  This is just a vote for if we should have a vote on the reset.

From Retto's mouth,
2. You must put up a poll on the Redwall: Warlords Forums, and have it run for at least One Week (7 Days) on the topic of "Should we have a Game Vote on the Reset of Regular Redwall: Warlords?" This vote must pass by a Simple Majority. If it does not, you must return to the first step. If it does, a game vote will be promptly begun.

For more info about rules about getting a reset go here.
http://www.iboze.com/rwl/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1649
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Flamerose

Unfortunately, this won't make it past the third step. Retto's requirement for 2/3 active players 'yes' vote is impossible to fulfill.  Maybe 1/3 of the 'active registered players' are still actually playing the game. And then about 1/3 of those are active on the forum. And how many of those will vote for a reset? A meagre number in comparison to Retto's definition of an active player.

It looks to me that Retto's just stalling because HE doesn't want a reset. Which is fine, he's the boss, but he should just come out and say so rather than setting some ludicrous requirement.
Flamerose, the Incisive Fang
Leader of Clan Tater

-----------@~

Art and Animation at Fernblossom.com

CoolClaw

A reset would be Great,  It would make a lot of people happy.  And this round is over.
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

Retto

Flamerose, I don't think you understand the exact numbers...

The forum vote is to initiate a game vote...which is in no way connected to the forums, and is actually part of the game.

There are currently 99 Active Players (Defined as: Not Dead, Not Disabled, Have used 100 Turns).

Therefore: 66 players must participate in the vote (we'll let that go by 5 or so, though)

To win: 44 players (or around there) must vote yes.

In Addition: As you have already convinced Ragefur, you need to convince either Stormclaw, Boze, or myself of a reset.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Beem

In that case, *concentrates real hard on his mind powers, focusing them all on convincing Retto.* You want the reset, you want to make the members happy, you want to start us over, all this is a good idea.  *Concentrates harder.* Be convinced?  I know that by now you are totally under my influences.  

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Flamerose

Thanks for clearing that up, Retto. But could you somehow limit it to 2/3 players that log in after the vote is started? That way all active members will see the poll.
Leader of Clan Tater

-----------@~

Retto

In a week, most people who are active will play...
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Flamerose

I guess a better question would be how long until a warlord is considered 'abandoned'?
Leader of Clan Tater

-----------@~

Dead Eye

*Retto, you want a reset. You want a reset!*
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

I think 2 good questions here are:

1. whether the people that play, those 99 people, even visit this forum;
2. of those that do, how meny know there is a poll?

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Darkness

I think an email should be sent out to every single one of those players just to make sure that an accurate response is reached.
Who turned out the lights?

"Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" ~ Homer Simpson

Ereptor

What is also interesting is we are getting more votes than Admin is getting for seeing who does what on their forums.

http://www.iboze.com/rwl/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1382

notice only 29 votes.  

We have 30.  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

wolf bite

That is my point. rule #2 is flawed because only about less then 40 people from the game check the forums even on a week to week basis.  It should be a % of those that have visited the forums in the last week.  I know of at least one player that does not even have a forum account.  I was playing for 2 months in this game before I knew there was a forum.

Darkness is right, if we must reach a number that can not be reached without the "Notice and opportunity to be heard" of the players, then such notice must be given.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ereptor

Ok we have made the one week on the poll.  Thanks to everyone that voted.  :)
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Retto

Wolf Bite...what are you complaining about?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto