The Shining

Started by Krowdon, July 28, 2012, 11:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Furries? I don't remember any furries...

I still think the scariest part, along with the bath tub, is "redrum."
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

I just looked up the furry bit now, I still don't remember it lol. Maybe my mind erased it.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

The furry bit is in the version they show on TV but not on the DVD I've got, it's weird. There's loads of other stuff that isn't on the DVD - the interview sequence with little timmy or whatever right at the beginning is gone too.

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on July 31, 2012, 08:19:23 AM
I still think the scariest part, along with the bath tub, is "redrum."

I didn't even figure out what Redrum meant until they showed it. lol.

My favorite part is probably the last half hour? Specifically the part where Wendy is running around the hotel with the knife and all the creepy stuff happens.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on July 31, 2012, 09:00:11 AM
The furry bit is in the version they show on TV but not on the DVD I've got, it's weird. There's loads of other stuff that isn't on the DVD - the interview sequence with little timmy or whatever right at the beginning is gone too.
that is really weird. Do you think the censored it?
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ashyra Nightwing

It would make sense that they'd censor it for TV and leave the DVD version uncut but it's the other way round :P I think the version I have on DVD has been edited to make it shorter?

fake edit: there's a whole page on imdb about this mystery http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/alternateversions

Ashyra Nightwing

krowdon if you're watching classic horror movies now you have to watch 'the thing'

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on July 31, 2012, 10:10:19 AM
krowdon if you're watching classic horror movies now you have to watch 'the thing'

I'll see if its on Netflix. Usually thats where I go to watch Horror movies. (But Dad rented 'The Shining' on Apple TV.)
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Firetooth

Usually horror isn't my thing, but things Stanley Kubrick directed are all great.

On the note of horror, anybody tried slender? I kept quitting when I tried it by myself, too scary.

Blobfish

When I play slender, the slenderman ends up running away from me. Is inner beauty not more important? :'(
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on July 31, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
Usually horror isn't my thing, but things Stanley Kubrick directed are all great.

On the note of horror, anybody tried slender? I kept quitting when I tried it by myself, too scary.

online game?

Ashyra Nightwing

I find it super weird how Slenderman started in a 'post creepy pictures' thread on another forum I frequent and now it's some kind of internet phenomenon

Firetooth

Apparently know your meme says it started on something awful...the only time I ever went there is when kilk linked me something. Didn't it's owner have a boxing match with Uwe Boll (and lose) though?

Camaclue

The Thing is really good, Krods.
Watch it while eating ice cream. I dare you.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, I'm on SA as well as Kilk and over there Slenderman has kind of been run into the ground by a thousand nerds going 'this is literally the scariest thing i have ever seen in my life i will never sleep again SO SCARY!!!' every time it's mentioned.

Alien is the best horror film and probably my favourite film. I know I say that about every film but the design of Alien just about puts it in the number one spot. I mean, they actually built a spaceship for the actors to run around inside

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on August 03, 2012, 10:56:10 AM
Yeah, I'm on SA as well as Kilk and over there Slenderman has kind of been run into the ground by a thousand nerds going 'this is literally the scariest thing i have ever seen in my life i will never sleep again SO SCARY!!!' every time it's mentioned.

Alien is the best horror film and probably my favourite film. I know I say that about every film but the design of Alien just about puts it in the number one spot. I mean, they actually built a spaceship for the actors to run around inside

Alien was amazing.