the olympics...

Started by Ashyra Nightwing, July 27, 2012, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

It depends how significant the variable is in the collective quality equation, and the range of the variable.

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on July 28, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Pop songs and movie clips, really? Getting kind of trashy there, Olympics.
That bit was quite good imo. Bohemian Rhapsody and Song 2 were the highlights because of the loud contrast bit.

Hey Unga, did you like the NHS sequence?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Firetooth on July 28, 2012, 04:36:39 PM

I'm sure that was his favourite part!

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: Sharptooh on July 28, 2012, 04:34:21 PM
It depends how significant the variable is in the collective quality equation, and the range of the variable.

Picture this group of numbers:
  (me)
-∞ (hipster communist zombie)
And so on for negative infinity....

My number, although vastly superior, is being brought down by vastly inferior numbers.

That bit was quite good imo. Bohemian Rhapsody and Song 2 were the highlights because of the loud contrast bit.

The what?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on July 28, 2012, 04:42:29 PM

The what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Health_Service

I'm surprised you do not know what the NHS is considering I know how much you want this in America Unga!

Ungatt Trunn II

They had a "sequence" for this?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Yep, to celebrate our free healthcare.  Because ours is better than yours.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

Ha, tell that to my higher cancer survival rates, cur. It sounds to me like self indulgent PROPAGANDA.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Post evidence of your claims, you rambling, insipid blob of a man.

Ungatt Trunn II

Here, have an entire article you washed up old limey.
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba649/
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

I am dissapoint. Time for a SPA 101 DEBATE POST. There are probably some valid points in there, I don't have time to do a source check or anything, but from just what I can read.

Fact No. 4:  Americans have better access to preventive cancer screening than Canadians
-Apparently, a higher proportion of people having used a service means the service is more available. Not necessarily the case.

Fact No. 5:  Lower income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians.
-Can't be bothered to check sources, but self-report =/= actual fact. I can say I have good health and have bad health, my idiot brother can say he has bad health but actually has good health. To draw the conclusion that I'm in better health is not accurate.

Fact No. 6:  Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the U.K
-Yes, well if patients in the UK and Canada want to spend less time waiting, they pay for their own healthcare. How is that a real disadvantage?

Fact No. 7:  People in countries with more government control of health care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed.
-Based on one source. I'm sure there are studies to counter this. Plus, believing reform is needed does not mean they want America healthcare-I doubt an average person would honestly say "I have free (excluding taxes) healthcare. A few things suck. Now I want to pay for it." That also isn't a fact about American health care, it's subtly attacking other health systems, despite the title of 10 facts about "American Healthcare."

Fact No. 10:  Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations.
-Doesn't mean the healthcare system doesn't have problems. The issue is how care is administered.

Basically, free health care has draw backs, but that site has, from my limited ability to scrutinize, an agenda. The stuff seems more focused on Canada than the NHS as well, and I don't know much about Canada's care. I also think you're missing a key point, the probably NHS isn't superior medically, but it's, you know, free.

Firetooth

Ungatt Trunn II

It's a cultural thing, really. Our healthcare works for our country and yours works for your country  :)

Now GTFO of my spa with this UMD trash or feel my wrath!

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

QuoteThe National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy research organization, established in 1983. Our goal is to develop and promote private, free-market alternatives to government regulation and control, solving problems by relying on the strength of the competitive, entrepreneurial
private sector.

Ungatt Trunn II

Are you inferring bias? There will always be bias. Always. If a human wrote it, then there is bias. If a human coded the program which wrote it, there is proxy bias. Deal with it.
DIE HIPPIE DIE