Playing the game

Started by Shadow, July 05, 2012, 02:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on July 05, 2012, 03:35:20 PM
Here's one that may make no sense at all.

When attacking a warlord, you may randomly get a thing that appears saying something like "A dissident within the enemy's ranks is offering you information for a price" and if you pay that price, which could be just money or food or a troop type or whatever, and you get espionage statistics. This would be a rare thing as well but could come in handy for particularly challenging foes.

Ooh! This.^^^^^^^
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

Also you could tie in the likeliness of that happening to how much loyalty the defending party has, because that'd actually make sense.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

also handy for indy players against leader players

good good, keep them coming
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on July 05, 2012, 03:21:41 PM
"losing" cash/food/loyalty

Maybe random revolts? That'd be certainly interesting. One second you're a rat, next a wildcat no warning at all.

im thinking thats a step too far considering some teams rely on certain players to produce and i wouldnt fancy being a rat tasked with making some cash to be fair. as a round theme it would work along with other random variables but i think the chance of your run/next few runs being weakened or ruined doesnt sound to appealing.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Durza

something relating to the location maybe in mossflower you are more likely to find food or in the northlands money
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: Pippin on July 05, 2012, 04:07:34 PM

Maybe random revolts? That'd be certainly interesting. One second you're a rat, next a wildcat no warning at all.

im thinking thats a step too far considering some teams rely on certain players to produce and i wouldnt fancy being a rat tasked with making some cash to be fair. as a round theme it would work along with other random variables but i think the chance of your run/next few runs being weakened or ruined doesnt sound to appealing.

The point is to make things more challenging. To be successful, people would have to be ready to improvise. They would be forced to adapt in order to succeed.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Durza

thank you for the perfect point ungatt
Question Mark (?)

Shadow

Quote from: Pippin on July 05, 2012, 04:07:34 PM

This is exactly why I love this idea. It makes it so you can't rely on a predictable outcome in the same way you do now, so you have to play the game itself and not the numbers.

Durza

which makes it all the more fun...do it shadow
Question Mark (?)

Ungatt Trunn II

I suppose you could have a way to perhaps at least make misfortunes less likely. Like maintaining a decent health will lower the likelihood. Not make it impossible, but least likely. Maybe at least soften the impact if they do occur.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Pippin

i like the idea of a random variable but not to the extent it controls how you spend your next 550+ turns like this one would though its hard to get feedback at this time i guess
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

I was thinking I could code up a "state of your account" function. It would take into account how much land you have compared to the average, how many turns worth of resources you have, etc, and it would make random events tend to be bad if you are ahead of the game and good if you are behind.

@Pippin - random variables by definition can't control how you do things ^_^ Of course on average it would be the same as it is now, it would just mess with people on the short term.

stormsight

Uh, really just waiting for the huge drama going on down to quit.
After that will go back to playing.
and it hits like a brick to the back of your head. like, goodbye, five times.
one for each finger.
and you say,
"my, my, the ways i've changed since then--the ways i've changed."
and all i ever say is,
"i'm tired."

Pippin

to be fair the game hasnt been influenced by the conflict between those in the forums

and yes maybe not control but have a strong influence your next set of turns i suppose consider. i like the ideas like this in game but rewarding poor gameplay over those who play well and plan their runs/turns adds to the problem of someone on small net being able to destroy a large chunk of networth which in reality wont happen often
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

I don't really see destruction as a problem, to be honest. Destruction is almost always a good thing, and taxing the ones who are ahead, well that's jut what liberals do (maybe Ungatt isn't so hard right after all!)