Concerned Player

Started by Ereptor, April 25, 2003, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

I am asking as a concerned player of RWL that the game be shut down until the bug is fixed.  There is lawlessness going on out there and no one is doing anything about it.  Wolfbite and Leader have taken advantage of this bug and used it to their own agendas.  This bug allows their attacks to max out for days, letting them save up 450 turns again for their next strike.  This bug turns aid off after a couple times of sending.  This bug doesn't allow people like dead eye to log into thier account because they are in vacation mode.  But dead eye is being attacked and can do nothing about it.  This bug screws up the message points.  This so called bug is making the game into choas.   I for one am not happy.  And i ask admin to use their powers and take the game down until this "bug" can be fixed.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

-id-

I'll agree that the game seems a bit mixed up right now and there really is very little that players can do about it at the moment. Finals are coming up for a good number of us, and we'll have to either go into vacation (which is looking like a bad idea as we can still be attacked) or just suck it up and get ripped into.

Seems like this is one nasty bug in terms of affecting gameplay, though it is somewhat interesting to see we still get turns despite a systemtime error. Anyhow, I'm for -something- being done until this is fixed. Freeze the server, whatever.

Abby The Rat

But the trouble is, this bug happens every time the server is hacked. So, even it Retto fixes it, it could happen again.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ereptor

No Ad it does not happen everytime it is hacked.  This is a recent development.  It could be from hacking.  I don't think anyone knows it is from the hacker yet.  In any case something should be done.  Unless you like playing a game that is full of bugs...  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Abby The Rat

I don't mind. I have played Beta, so I have become faimilier with playing in buggy game.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ereptor

Ok.  So Ad has spoken.  He doesn't mind playing a game that has many bugs in it.  For those who are in the top ten of those who are being attacked and cannot defend yourself or those that have a lot to lose.  How do you feel.  Ad you say you stand up for people.  People are being attacked and can do nothing about it.  Are you saying you don't care about them?
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

I agree with Ereptor, this game has become bugged, and the admins are having problems. I think we should have like a break from the game, all accounts deleted, until the bug is terminated. Than we can all reset.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

responing to both this post about fairness and evord's "something is rotten..." about cheating:

How come every time I do well, I am accused of cheating?  Mostly those accusations have been from people later found to be cheaters themselves.  I think that I have been forced to undergo the highest investigation of any play.  The only reason I, the first emperor of this game, was taken out was because of 4 multi accounts with less then 5,000 land that hit me 200 times with leaders until they broke me.  Lets talk about unfair!

As far as this ?bug.?  I did not make it.  But I was the first to spot it.  At that point I was the first to IM and notify Retto that it was there.  When it was not fixed, I thought of it like a hole in a football field, everyone has to step over it.  So why should I have to deal with my problems of sending and receiving aid and those I want to attack that I can not because they are maxed out, and not take advantage of the other side of the bug?

And an answer to the question about how I came up with so many armies:  I had been making them and loaning them away to be later sent back to me.  I also had a lot of money to buy a lot of them.  I may have been able to break the complaining emperor had those people that owed me Stoats could have sent them back to me.  Thus, I did not have the army I would have and he was saved from what would have been his down fall.  I was negatively effected by the bug too.  

Last thing, you are playing this game for free, your admins are working for free.  I find it rude that you accuse them of cheating.  If they were, then they would have given me 100 billion and I would have killed everyone in the game.  It also seems rude that you demand they take form their life?s to work for you. Ever heard of the magic word "please."

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ereptor

I never accused admin of cheating.  I never accussed you of cheating.  I did say the bug is screwing things up.  And that you are taking advantage of that.  I never asked how you got all your armies.  I don't see myself as complaigning as i am doing rwl a service by asking that it be shut down so that everyone gets a fair shot at playing.  Not being able to log on to your account and being attacked is not fair.  Dead eye i don't think accounts should be deleted.  just the server frozen for admin to take a look at it.   Keeping it up is just making things worse in my opinion.  Wolfbite no one is picking on you.  But not beng able to attack you is not fair either.  I did not say you were cheating.  

Your "complaigning" Emperor  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

-id-

So basically what you're saying then wolfbite is that you found a bug, reported it -and- decided to abuse it?

Is that correct?

El Dos

Take a break, but i'll never leave! Your warlord lives are over.

wolf bite

"use" or "abuse", depends how you see it.

Everyone, including you, has the same bug.  I too am limmited on my attacking.  I can't help it if I am smarter then you.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Retto

This bug should be fixed, and evidence of such showing.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

-id-

Abuse. You are knowingly abusing a bug so that you are not attacked.

However, You are right I am affected by the same bug. I can't send aid to people you have attacked because of the bug. I can't attack you because of the bug. My clanmates can't attack you either and take back their land because of the bug. You are intentionally abusing the game's code in order to further yourself. Not to mention you came out of nowhere to do this during a period of time when no one else knew of the bug, save possibly the admins. I've no doubt you planned to use the bug in your favor because you and Leader both knew that your little prance around the upper ranks wouldn't last if you could be attacked in return. Ah, thats right. I'm forgetting the part where you laughed about it on the forums when we couldnt figure out what was going on.

When it comes down to it, I'm not gaining from this bug at all. Neither is anyone else that I know of, except you and Leader. I dont quite see how your "Anybody can abuse this bug also" attitude makes it okay for you to be doing it.

So you've been around the Redwall block a few more times than I have. Frankly that doesnt make any amount of difference to me. If you have to abuse the code, which is cheating mind you, then thats fine. If the administration of the game wants to let you do that, thats cool too. This is a game, after all, and meant to be enjoyed so get your jollies when  and where you can, kid.

-id-

Thanks for your hard work and time spent fixing it, Retto.

Much appreciated.