Advertising Campaign

Started by Wolf Snare, June 10, 2012, 03:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Our numbers have been slowly dwindling in both servers, and to combat this we need to start advertising again.

Let's first bounce ideas off of each other to see what we can come up with:

Keeping in mind our target audience, I was thinking of asking Ollie or Kilk to make up appealing bookmarks (or something of the sort) so we can all print them off and put them in fantasy & Redwall books at our local libraries. It wouldn't be too much to ask to have everyone partake for the sake of RWL growing.

Additionally we can make flyers, and any of us with younger siblings (public school preferably) can tape them up in their schools. Even those of you in high school can make up tear-off tabbed posters with www.redwallwarlords.com on them, it will help increase our numbers! Redwall posters can be posted in any public place like teen drop off centres etc, while "strategy game" posters can be made up to target different groups of people (the 'chess' section in the library, for example).

Next we can think of online advertising. Again, prompting all of your facebook friends with our fb group is a surefire way to gain a few numbers. Posting our link on other websites you visit will help as well, this is especially directed at thomas (shores of tripoli) as he frequents many other game sites. I will be quietly poaching players from other promi sites I've been playing at, as well.

A well advertised commanders round could help bring in new players. If we did something like Clan Competition we could conceivably get all current promi sites to come battle it out to prove their might. If we did this we would have to run it in the old old code, but it would certainly draw people in to try our turbo server and join the forums, at which time Shael will dump a bucket of superglue on them and voila, snagged.

Does anyone have any other ideas? what's the general response to this guys, is everyone interested or are we content with the low population?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

advertising is a good idea, go for it. There is a bookmark banner lying around the site somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up later on.

ALso re a clan competition - if you could generate interest that would be awesome. However, most places I have mentioned RWL dislike it specifically because of the old code and its imbalances. Going back would be counterproductive to generating interest elsewhere.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shores of Tripoli

Yea, I'm in. I'll start with the online advertising. I could also make beginner guide video's as well. That should help the new guys get into the game a bit better.

P.S. - I prefer Tom, if you would please.

Firetooth

We need more members, but we don't want players from other promi sites here. Considering the type of community we should ideally have here ( children around 10-14) I don't think other promi players are really a good idea.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Quote from: Shores of Tripoli on June 10, 2012, 10:24:45 AM
Yea, I'm in. I'll start with the online advertising. I could also make beginner guide video's as well. That should help the new guys get into the game a bit better.
Yeah, why did you delete the ones you uploaded?

I thought it was pretty cool to have a RWL YouTube presence.
I will not deleted this

Shores of Tripoli

I didn't like the way they turned out. I want to make them a bit better.

Wolf Snare

assuming no one gives a poo about our decline? 11 ppl in turbo excluding the bots
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

what part of the supportive comments you received here give you that impression?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 16, 2012, 11:17:25 AM
assuming no one gives a [poop] about our decline? 11 ppl in turbo excluding the bots
Why do you spend 1/4 of your time trying to be an ultra nice guy, and the other 3/4 being all aggressive and macho? Genuine question.
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

Don't get it twisted holbrook, I need more competition ingame, cleaaaaarly
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Raggon

Yeah,I haven't run in weeks and on turbo I'm still in 15th place. :-\
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Tumblr Warlords

redwallwarlords.tumblr.com

Since that site is popular I made a blog for RWL. If you have suggestions for what I should post, let me know. I have a few 'About' posts in the works. If you have a tumblr, make sure to follow me. Thanks!

I would really like suggestions for posts if you have them.

Ungatt Trunn II

Who controls this "Tumblr" account?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Tumblr Warlords

I'm not a bot if that's what you're asking. I'll be logged in most of today and check for messages every other night.

Durza

i believe the question might be asking are you linked to our administrators?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts