1 (6.7%)
Hoping Sevz thinking Volkov
0 (0%)
Hoping Volkov thinking Sevz
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 26, 2012, 02:17:52 AM

Wolf Snare

maybe you will win though? we can report the results in this thread. k? go!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

I'll duel you the day I genuinely believe you are doing it to have fun and not because you are trying to prove a point.

Starting to make quality posts again is a good start toward that (not meant to be patronizing, though I guess it kinda sounds like it without these brackets here).

Anyway, regarding disabling aid and such to finish the duel: it still won't work. Anyone else who does land grabs will become accused of interfering, etc, and we will be back to square one.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Durza

could you prevent them from being attacked at all?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

windhound

The aid thing is doable, sure.
The thing that doesn't solve is other people smashing one or the other down.  Unclanned is helpful in this regard, but eh...

Sevz also has a massive head start atm, but /shrug
If both parties want to do the aid restriction thing I'll look at putting it in.

As far as 'watching' the battle, I don't mind vacationing Simplicity and poking around, but there's not a whole bunch I could tell.  The game itself does a reasonably good job at preventing cheating.
Is there an endgame this time?
Presumably with each run one or the other will pull ahead slightly.

If you guys really want I can setup a separate server and throw some NPC's in.  I think they're currently broken for some strange reason, but they shouldn't be too hard to fix.  They worked fine for a round or two.
Would have to run Turbo code though, I don't have a bot for the standard promi code.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Actually, that might be the best solution windy, a server that only Sevah and I can access, start us off at the same land total, troop numbers, NW etc. If you could make bots for the reg code, that would be cool. There still is no real agreed upon endgame though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on July 05, 2012, 04:16:24 PM
The aid thing is doable, sure.
The thing that doesn't solve is other people smashing one or the other down.  Unclanned is helpful in this regard, but eh...

Sevz also has a massive head start atm, but /shrug
If both parties want to do the aid restriction thing I'll look at putting it in.

As far as 'watching' the battle, I don't mind vacationing Simplicity and poking around, but there's not a whole bunch I could tell.  The game itself does a reasonably good job at preventing cheating.
Is there an endgame this time?
Presumably with each run one or the other will pull ahead slightly.

If you guys really want I can setup a separate server and throw some NPC's in.  I think they're currently broken for some strange reason, but they shouldn't be too hard to fix.  They worked fine for a round or two.
Would have to run Turbo code though, I don't have a bot for the standard promi code.
Your a genius and I love you for it. A server like turbo as the old turbo or 3.0? I'm down for whatever but old turbo code me vs volk would be 1million out of 10. I could settle the argument in days.

As for the disabling aid to us in reg, could you also disable attacks and put the public market on standby? I'm happy to give away even more networth to level things out =D
Windy bro, here's a 500dollar tip

I'd rather double post than edit and I made the topic anyway so if mods have a problem it may discourage me making other topics that get 10pages long =D

SHADOW GET OFF MY THREAD.
You haven't be constructive once in months. If you're gonna pick fault in everyone then make it fun. Sick of your bitterness so stop being useless or shut up.
Hobly your a chiller but start giving shadow more warnings for spam or I'll label you a biased moderator.

Houndsy you've lost, haven't put in a champions effort or I'd give you credit, no matter the outcome I'll strategically prove my mastership.
Snare chill, no need to get hostile towards fools. Pick worthy enemies.
Ungatt good stuff being randomly real

Anyone else that's watching, no matter what happens keep your opinions factual. I refuse to be helped and I will dominate 100% bros
Not an idiot make claims I can't back up.

EDIT: fixed pointless double post
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

QuoteYou haven't be constructive once in months. If you're gonna pick fault in everyone then make it fun. Sick of your bitterness so stop being useless or shut up.

Wait, is this really going from you to me? I actually lol'd.

If windy wants to take the time to set that up, more power to him. I predict the same outcome no matter how it gets done, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

windhound

The bots' routine is currently setup for RWL3
Not sure if I ever posted the bot's routine...  If you're curious what makes them work, here's their main run file.  Its reasonably well commented for sanity reasons and PHP is fairly readable if written plainly.  And its plainly written.
I could probably make a very simple leader-bot routine for them, I got dat strat down. 
Just takes time and motivation...  lacking in both tbh, but I'll try to look at it over the weekend.  Shouldn't be too bad, the main base is written and the hard stuff like the attack system worked.

I'm not screwing with Reg so the two of you can have a pissing contest. 
The aid block is a minor thing that would only effect yall and would be 3 lines of code. 

Having a dueling server setup that could be tweaked into a, say, training server or a newbie testing ground is worth while enough.  We'll see.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Thanks again Windy, anything you can do i'll be most grateful
A duel server would be ultimate but things are clear as it is

7.1 hours ago   The Hounds of Ulster (#7) attacked you!   You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
240,879 Rats
You managed to destroy:
221,728 Rats
7.1 hours ago   You find The Hounds of Ulster (#7) attempting to view your army!

Volky can't touch me at my weakest ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Hounds of Ulster (#7)
Turns (?)   84 (max 450)
Turns Stored (?)   69 (max 150)
Rank (?)   #10
Workers (?)   233,401
Acres (?)   20,309
Cash (?)   $6,102,864,745
Food (?)   2,151,301,671
Loyalty (?)   42,175,669
Networth (?)   $76,366,014
Location (?)   Mossflower
Race (?)   Wolf
Health (?)   100%
Tax Rate (?)   10%
Rats (?)   1,018,693
Weasels (?)   1,002,515
Stoats (?)   1,000,832
Skiffs (?)   1,054,491
Leaders (?)   3,257,335
Missions: Success
You have destroyed 65,399,571 Food and $257,337,463! x10
poor kid
Your Army breaks through The Hounds of Ulster's defenses and captures 816 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
523,154 Rats
33,580 Weasels
6,787 Stoats
28,799 Skiffs
In their defense, The Hounds of Ulster lost:
66,800 Rats
43,185 Weasels
61,203 Stoats
42,109 Skiffs
I can handle the losses
Too many recent attacks on that Warlord. Try again in one hour, or use your Leaders to Make an Attack Opportunity

2turns
$739,037,962 Cash for 370k loyalty
50 turns
1,026,441,614 Food
Networth: $76,616,313 Jumped to $178,567,037 no help after giveaway
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThanks again Windy, anything you can do i'll be most grateful

Sevah, I was just attempting to grab land. You seem to be missing the key point. The duel is OVER. You have already lost. All this bravado is meaningless. If I had truly wanted to break you, I would have, but all I was doing that run was grabbing land on the cheap, I was only attacking with 1 mil rats. If you want to duel me again, it would have to be on a duel server.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 06, 2012, 02:40:59 PM
QuoteThanks again Windy, anything you can do i'll be most grateful

Sevah, I was just attempting to grab land. You seem to be missing the key point. The duel is OVER. You have already lost. All this bravado is meaningless. If I had truly wanted to break you, I would have, but all I was doing that run was grabbing land on the cheap, I was only attacking with 1 mil rats. If you want to duel me again, it would have to be on a duel server.
You aren't allowed to complain about threads not dying if you keep posting in them, fyi.

Sevz

LMFAO @Volkov. If the duel is over you'll have no problem proving it? especially if you keep saying I've lost repeatedly and convincing yourself of magic.
*Hounds of Ulster has been awarded +12 stat points in Illusion
How did you win? Non force resistance? Did you feel that by putting up no fight and growing extremely slow not doing damage and me being forced to wait for you to be in range is worthy of a victory?
I mean, when I went on vacation your warlord was weak. Very weak. Mine was strong. Very strong.
You've won nothing.

Put up a fight dude, you've spent 3months running from me, during the duel made 1 attack run after I vacated bored and busy
Duel stops when you conquer. You're about to crack and admit there's nothing you can do to compete in 1 on 1 against a powerful enemy.

Upon this realisation all the strategic advice that i've given you directly and indirectly starts to be cross referenced as your perceivable opinion tastes new light towards my capabilities.

5th Ruler of Conjuration (#21) $178,567,037
13th The Hounds of Ulster (#7)   $59,615,468
You keep saying it's over, are you officially quitting?

Gen. Volkov

Alright, fine, I'll do this one more time, tonight after work, I'll explain the actual story, and why you lost multiple times over. Then I will stop responding to this thread for good, because if you don't accept it, then you never will.

QuoteYou aren't allowed to complain about threads not dying if you keep posting in them, fyi.

They've added at least a page since I last responded to them. This thread is never going to die, because Sevah cannot let it die.

Sevz

Don't explain it with words, I'm a gamer. Do it in the game.

You lost on many levels but refuse to quit even when i'm openly holding you in checkmate position for months straight.

Gen. Volkov

The duel is over, the post will explain why. Whether you accept that or not, I don't care.

To avoid double posting, I'll just edit this post.

OK, first off, to clear up something, this duel did not start because I was trying to bully anyone. The whole thing started mostly because Sevah cannot handle criticism. The initial impetus for all this was Sevah and four members of WAR attempting to kill Shadow, for no good reason. This ordinarily would have precipitated a clan war, but since I had no desire to get into a war with a clan made mostly of newer players, I gave them the option of removing Sevah from their clan, or we would go to war. Sevah left, and the clan war was averted. But of course Snare and Sevah took exception to this, and decided to start attacking me on the forums. I responded and there followed several pages of arguing over a number of things, mostly about how and why I left TEMPLE. I made several criticisms of Sevah in the course of the discussion, and eventually he couldn't take it anymore, and challenged me to to a duel. He and Snare had managed to make me annoyed enough over the course of the debate to foolishly accept the challenge. So, now that that's cleared up, let's go into why Sevah has lost.

Now, when I agreed to the duel, we first set up the rules of it, it was to be "total conquest", and of course being a duel, 1v1. However, I had some things in my clan to take care of and couldn't start the duel right away. I told him to wait, but he accused me of delaying and less than a week after we had set up the rules, he decided to attack me with all his buddies, thus breaking the rules of his own duel. I should have called it right then and there, because that was the first time Sevah lost the duel. Anyway, they did the takedown and turned it into a clan battle, in which the "total conquest" win condition became irrelevant. Then he and a bunch of his friends decided to kill me, and claim victory, even though he had not actually met any of the win conditions, and had already broken the rules of the duel. Anyway, after the kill I remade, broke protection, and dropped clan. Sevah did not. He stayed clanned with his buds, even after Shadow and I took down pippin. He stayed clanned, in fact, until Shadow and I did a takedown on him. This was right before he went into vaca. Going into vaca was the final nail in the coffin. He said he "couldn't be bothered to play" after he knew about me doing the takedown. That has been his line for why he's quitting for as long as he's been playing the game. During the time Sevah was on vacation, Snare tried to kill me, probably because Sevah told him too, so I was on very low land and leaders. After I had been knocked down thanks to the kill attempt, Sevah finally came back from vacation. Even after he came back from vaca, when he was still insisting the duel was on, he still would not face me without help from his friends. He bragged, several times, about how high his NW was compared to mine, as a result of getting aid from his friends. Now he has finally sent back the aid, and is insisting that the duel is still on, with him having benefited for several runs from their aid and easy access to land, not to mention the land Ryu locked up over the course of several runs, so that Sevah is the only player who isn't him or one of his buddies with a decent leaderbase. Basically, he is in a position of advantage, at present, and only now does he insist on actually following the terms of the duel.

So that is why you have lost Sevah. Because you broke the rules of the duel from the word go, because you quit after getting reamed, and because you never once tried to face me as you should have, always relying on your friends for help, until after the duel was well and truly over, and you finally had a position of advantage thanks to the efforts of your friends.

You accuse me of lying and disingenuous behavior and a number of other things, but you are the one who has constantly broken trust with me. You and snare have repeatedly lied about me over the course of this thing. You said I was stringing you along, but I wasn't, and since my word is the more trustworthy of the two of us, you should have simply waited. But you couldn't, because I think you are scared to actually face me in a fair fight. That's why you insist on fighting this out on reg, placing impossible game-breaking demands on windy. Well, Sevah, I'm not going to play your games anymore. You have lost the duel. It is over. I gave you a chance to avoid this, in those two proposals I sent you in game. You rejected both of them and further said "duel or not, I'm going to slaughter you", which to me means you accept that the duel is over, and that you have lost, and are now just being a sore loser. So it's over, and all your attacks on reg, all your further posts in this thread are meaningless.

Now, I will give you one final chance to face me in a fair fight. We can get windy to set up the duel server, and hopefully populate it with bots, and you can face me 1 v 1, with none of your friends or my friends to interfere. Other than that though, the duel's over, and you have lost.

I will not be responding any further in this thread, to you or Snare, unless it is either to accept your surrender, or accept the fight on the duel server.