Of Mice And Men

Started by Krowdon, April 27, 2012, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippin

i got a b in an essay on this last week :)
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Like Pip, I'm reading this for my English GSCE, it's a great book. I also disagree about the ending, which is actually pretty good, plus you kind of see it coming.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Lenny :'(

Yeah, it's part of the English GCSE for everyone here, I think - I know I studied it too

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on April 28, 2012, 06:04:53 AM
Like Pip, I'm reading this for my English GSCE, it's a great book. I also disagree about the ending, which is actually pretty good, plus you kind of see it coming.

I didnt see it coming until George got to where Lenny was. Then I was all 'Oh please no.'
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ashyra Nightwing

I can never remember George's name. I always just think of 'Carl'

Krowdon

I don't watch the Simpsons.. (sorry)

And Lol I spelled Lennie wrong in my previous post.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ashyra Nightwing

It's Carl and Lenny.  :P

Kilkenne

you don't know that, you're not a doctor

Krowdon

I saw the Simpsons movie, somehow. It was really weird. I dont think those fellas were in it.

Firetooth

Lennie is good and all, but Crooks is a beast. :P

I think it's actually a pretty good book to analyze, in terms of detail. Unlike in poetry, I accept that (most of) the stuff we analyze is probably intentional.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Yup. I have to analyze it next year but for now I'll just enjoy the story.

Firetooth

Yeah, you do lose the appreciation after analyzing it. Or maybe it's just because I didn't bring another reading book to lessons, and now I've read it about 10 times...I can probably recite it by heart.

Genevieve

Holby nearly accidentally killed a bilby that he was holding at the zoo. I called him Lenny. I'm such a literary wit.

Firetooth

*It's actually spelled Lennie. :P

Krowdon

Quote from: Genevieve on April 28, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
Holby nearly accidentally killed a bilby that he was holding at the zoo. I called him Lenny. I'm such a literary wit.

Bilby? Why are Australian animals so weirdly named.