Little Crows

Started by Snowy Fir, April 25, 2012, 01:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Quote from: Shadow on April 30, 2012, 07:55:08 PM
Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 30, 2012, 06:34:47 PM
You gotta admit, our strategy was sheer brilliance. I know it was annoying to log in dead every day, but it was the only way we could progress without you propping snowy back up with the land. The way it all worked out was epic. The round was up in the air until the very last day. Hats off to the competition, you guys did really well.
No, your strategy was just to online us so we couldn't run. It worked, of course, but it didn't tell us anything whatsoever about balance in the process so it was a waste of time. The kills were the only thing that did help with balance - heal buff is too cheap at low huts.

Who are you to talk? your strategy was to online others and use code abuse to initially get the lead. Locking all the land was helping balance the game how? Didn't you trash me for doing it the round before?
It's not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game. You played underhanded and still lost now you make excuses?
How many kills did you get last round? Oh that's right none. Bet you nurf kills to stop your enemies collecting justice.
I'm gathering more information to expose your major plan. Can everyone see what's going on here?

Do I gotta paint a picture of how Shadow wants to set the game up to suit his lazy style? The final networth after 28days was 700million and everyone here saw Snowy reach double that in a week. Take into consideration the turns used and land available. It's a slap in the face saying you don't deserve the goods you make. He's like a banker throwing everyones money into a firepit cos he doesn't have the discipline to save up over a few days and win. He will continue to do it until everyone catches on and leaves. I think when the numbers dwindle low enough we reach a turning point and kick him to the curb.
BETA BETA BETA. When does it end? I bet he quits cheating after his first win and removes the deliberate corrupt changes. Til then we gotta watch him ruin things for us all.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wolf Snare

PA.....

haha

sevz, he can do whatever he wants. won't stop us. 5 rounds strong homie
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

It's not about whether we can adapt and win it's about the moral of the story. Shadow goes against everything a true vet stands for. Absolutely disgusted with this piece of trash. I'll kill him over and over since beta is dodgy.
He'll make it impossible to kill people which is the nail in the coffin. Doesn't take a genius to leave a clan when vulnerable but what's shadows idea? To make it harder for a professional to finish off an extremely incompetent enemy. 550 turns and a healing function barely kills a clanned enemy who's on 8k and no defence. Drive barely works. Standard attacks from 500 acres does not benefit the aggressor that needs full health to break skiffs or weasels.

What benefit does someone get from killing? Barely anything more than satisfaction, they can bounce back with far less effort than it took to kill them. It's done at major costs and finish vulnerable on a day of opportunity.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

We saw Snare making 2 kills in 1 run. You're absolutely full of it Sevah, that wasn't something you could do before. We've been making kills harder and harder since before you ever heard of RWL.

Once again I feel the urge to tell you about the real world that we live in. I guess it's because your fantasy-world is spilling over into mine (in the form of loosely-structured sentences and some concocted conspiracy theory).

If Shadow actually wanted to design the game so that he would win, then all he would have had to do is make some secret button that gives him 1 billion rats or something. You're constantly implying that his little tweaks here and there are all part of some master plan to rule the game: Why would he do that when he could just edit the database so that he's winning? Why, for all these years that RWL has been around, have the admins been patching up any exploits we find rather then using them?

It's because we're adults, we like this game, we like this community, and your a crazy person for thinking that there is some sort of secret agenda behind our changes. We have no need for an agenda. We absolutely destroy you at this game anyway. If we wanted to ruin our own game by cheating, we wouldn't need to do it through game balances!

Pippin

in old turbo you could heal 10% in 2 turns, with enough loyalty to keep using it thats far better than the 4% in 2 turns you can use now
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Peace Alliance

The loyalty cost was capped at a minimum of 1m loyalty. So it actually required saving up loyalty to use the heal frequently, you also had to keep your ratio at like 100. killing two people in 1 run was not often seen, when it was done it required the used of resources amassed over a few runs.

We don't want it to be so easy to kill people that you can do it and still have a productive run. Nobody would ever use clans.

Shores of Tripoli

PA, is it against admin rules for an admin to be logged into his playing account and his admin account?

Shadow

actually with the new login system it is not actually possible to -not- do that, since the forum hooks into the admin account first.

Admins are not allowed to use the actual admin functions while playing. Being in an admin account is the same as any other unless you deliberately do admin stuff.

I won't be playing this round since I am coding and will be doing a live release in the next week or so.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shores of Tripoli

I meant last round. So you say that would only happen for rare instances in witch admin account was necessarily. About how many times last round did you find it to be necessary? I'm not trying to make any accusations, I'm just curious as to what all the fuss is about.

Shadow

I logged into my playing account through my admin account because I could check my mail on both accounts with only one login that way. A few people seem to interpret that as cheating for some reason.

Peace Alliance

Logging on through the admin account doesn't give us any unfair advantage. I always did when I had one, there are important messages and stuff that need to be handled on a regular basis. There ism't an unfair advantage, unless we use specific admin functions (which are on specific pages, which we don't access if we are actively playing the game).

An unfortunate reality to this game is that Admins can do whatever they want. If we wanted to we could just go into the database and change absolutely any detail of the game. We don't do this. We are here because we love this game. We wouldn't work so hard, for no money, and relatively no praise, only to ruin the game by cheating.

Shores of Tripoli

This argument could be settled if you'd implement my idea about a localized single player version of turbo. Then everybody would know the code and couldn't complain about unfair advantages.

Wolf Snare

druuuunk
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

Shadow was great at counterattacking us for a while there. Soon as we all stopped using the ingame messages he made no counterattacks. His skill levels decreased dramatically. Our plans were no longer getting stopped in advance.

I made this conclussion
Disclaimer: Please remember in-game messages are routinely monitored by the administrators, and in-game swearing and harassing will not be tolerated.

Shadow