Takedown

Started by Rakefur, April 24, 2012, 10:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

I'm pretty sure that the assumption that you are more important because you've been here longer is a completely arbitrary standard that you have set up to challenge the legitimacy of my claims. Frankly, I just want you to actually show everyone how intelligent you are as opposed to arbitrarily cut up words and use them in semi-context. Could be that you want to seem slow so that people don't take you seriously, which is a game I play, too. Cat's outta the bag now!

Let me respond, however, to the most important (unimportant) claim you have made, however by saying that I have the oldest account here by far (older than Shael's, ohno). (Let me interject that the previous sentence is sarcasm before you continue to get angry on the internet and indignant in your 7,156th post, which is 4,754 posts more important than my 2,402nd post) Therefore I believe very strongly that you should allow me to wear the laurel wreath. Also, Lucy is and has been #1 best poster.

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: KilkenneI'm pretty sure that the assumption that you are more important because you've been here longer is a completely arbitrary standard that you have set up to challenge the legitimacy of my claims. Frankly, I just want you to actually show everyone how intelligent you are as opposed to arbitrarily cut up words and use them in semi-context. Could be that you want to seem slow so that people don't take you seriously, which is a game I play, too. Cat's outta the bag now!

Actually, Kilk, the point is not that I am more important because I have been here longer. The point is that I have been around for this long with no complaints about my posting style. Literally none. Until you came in and decided that I was doing it wrong. I don't think you have the right, given the fact that no one has complained, aside from you.

Quotewhich is 4,754 posts more important than my 2,402nd post

To reiterate an earlier point, you've taken long breaks. When you are actually here, you post more than I do. That's not really relevant to the main point though, it's more of a jab at your quality trumps quantity comment. :)

Quote from: SevahWell said, Volkov completely blames me which is rather funny. I can't count how many runs I dedicated to protecting the fool. I'm accountable for my actions and when the netholder doesn't show initiative to preserve the teams efforts I've got no control.
I mean most the time Houndsy you barely covered your own costs and just expected me to hold troops and aid back regardless of my ratio or status. I mean that's sometimes alright but when you're not gaining any land or resources or doing any damage or advancing fast enough or even protecting the other landholders we can only do so much to keep you up top.
Plenty of times you didn't follow standard procedures and cost us hundreds of billions. Doubt you'd ever understand that you wanted to stay on top with the ego trip rather than cooperate and collect a lame but important kill.

What -edit- NO SWEARING. Seriously. All I did was to preserve the teams effort, and furthermore, I was always considerate of your situation when I asked if you could hold troops while I ran. Do you have any idea how many times I just had to sit and wait for you to be "ready" to aid back and forth. I think I lost more cash maintaining raised defenses than I did anything else, including the takedown, because YOU didn't want to take the troops. It was only the fact that I was highly productive that allowed me to survive your whims and tantrums. I covered my costs and managed to send out quite a bit of aid. As for ego trips, you are the only one who had one, when you got all jealous of me being on top.

QuoteAll I can say is 50bil goes to whoever suicides and murders Hounds of Ulster.
Yes you all heard me right. I strongly dislike suiciding but Volks is special. Repeat the process until he drops the clan like a sissy.
Every time he runs turns I have a new 50b to donate. If you don' trust me i'll pay in advance.

Whoever does this has to be clanned to do it. That's why Sevah isn't doing it himself. So be warned, any attack on me in this manner will result in the destruction of far more than 50 billion cash worth of stuff. The simple fact is, you want me to have net. Me with net is a much more constrained and less dangerous opponent than me without net.

You've been warned.
Holby,
modding
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

Why would I be jealous of you holding networth? I'm using a Fox. I was only annoyed when you didn't follow orders which cos you always know best you never did.
Instead of us killing the dirty suicider you went against the clans best interests saying trash like killing is lame.

Not true. Killing is the purpose of the game. You make allies and enemies. What's the point of having an enemy if you don't kill them? What's the punishment for being a mongrel?
If someone's being a dirtbag and not making networth for themselves you clearly can't retaliate by destroying their networth.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWhy would I be jealous of you holding networth? I'm using a Fox. I was only annoyed when you didn't follow orders which cos you always know best you never did.

You are a Fox now, but at the time, I believe you were a stoat. I followed your orders plenty of times, even though they went against my own best judgement. And look how it ended up.

QuoteInstead of us killing the dirty suicider you went against the clans best interests saying trash like killing is lame.

Killing is lame, and it wouldn't have affected anything, he would have been back within a run. You didn't know how to deal with him, so you decide to try and kill him. It was a stupid move and I'm not going to apologize for not going along with it.

QuoteNot true. Killing is the purpose of the game. You make allies and enemies. What's the point of having an enemy if you don't kill them? What's the punishment for being a mongrel?

Killing is an option. When has killing anyone ever worked out well for you? The purpose of the game is to WIN, and the punishment for being a "mongrel" is LOSING.

QuoteIf someone's being a dirtbag and not making networth for themselves you clearly can't retaliate by destroying their networth.

You can do other things to them though, and you never even considered them. You jumped straight to "lets kill him".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Pippin

volkov, why does the clan your in destroy billions of networth, and then you openly say on the forums that you will destroy far more than 50b cash networth to anyone who tries to retal/murder you? wimp

i dont want you with net either, your less of a threat under 200m net than with 1.3b
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Sevz

I'll pay more than 50b to see Volko cry
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 29, 2012, 09:55:14 PM
You know I do not and have not run with a full army

You always have, noob.

that I am quite well "adapted" to the game,

Oh please, you've emped three times in your life. The only two that matter were here at RWL, and both times I put you there. Go back to ZAP if you wanna act like a big tough guy, least on their playerbase of 4 people you could semi back it up.
As for 3.0; no, not really. getting to third spot on the second day does not constitute expertise. Your "skills" are mediocre at best, and I reckon I'm just feeling generous today.

and that this is literally the first time I have "bailed" on a clan.

blahblahblah. Ever heard of a liability? yeah, you. All other times your team conceded their unmet expectations, cut their losses, and let you go off on your own to better themselves.

I have literally never done that, and you know it. The truth is, I only joined the clan because Sevah promised me cash to do it, and then got me to stay by saying he could emp me. I wanted to use you guys to compensate for my lack of skills, emp comfortably under your watchful eye and leave you without a moments notice whilst failing to recognize your hospitality. Oh, then I respond with my own animosity months later when the topic surfaces.

Corrected your structural error.

I am not scared of Shadow, I was not always have been scared of Shadow,
fix'd

I was fed up with Sevah's incompetence. He's a great player, but he was terrible in that situation.

I'd really hate to think of what that made you then. sevah is brilliant, speaking illy of his playing ability makes you look stupid. I dare you to play any competent promi player 1 vs 1, we'll show you the true meaning of incompetence.

Again, it would work better if you were actually saying true things...

I suppose the truth hits you like a brick wall when you're in denial for so long. Everyone wouldn't be chirping you if there was no legitimacy to my words.

QuoteRaise your defenses, noob.
Maybe you should tell your net-holder to do that, since we caught him with his pants down, not the other way around.

Is that why you had 6m leaders on 40k land, no shields? Not more than a week ago? I'm a rat, and I know that. Would you like a mentor, Volky? Maybe we can direct you toward someone that can show you the ropes, no?

As for ego trips, you are the only one who had one, when you got all jealous of me being on top.

We put you up top, you imbecile. Sevah has been emperor more times than -edit- not an appropriate analogy and you should be worshipping him when promi is concerned, not belittling him. Honestly, he does deserve a good scolding, for ever considering you worthy.

Me with net is a much more constrained and less dangerous opponent than me without net.

Dangerous opponent? let's duel, Volkov, I'll make your beady eyes swell up with tears. I'll crumble the one area of your life that you can get away with blatantly exercising this (unfounded) machismo -edit-.

No more personal attacks.

Not going to warn you again.

Holby, modding.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

Both of you, cut out the personal attacks.

Holby, modding
I will not deleted this

Shadow

This thread is awful and you should both feel bad for causing it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I didn't personally attack anyone, though I did swear. I figured it would be caught by the auto-censor. It's not my fault you guys don't have that word on it.

Quote from: pippinvolkov, why does the clan your in destroy billions of networth, and then you openly say on the forums that you will destroy far more than 50b cash networth to anyone who tries to retal/murder you? wimp

Sorry, but what? We destroyed billions in NW in retaliation to attacks on us. We haven't started any of the exchanges that have involved Shield destroying NW. We just finish them. I was putting that out there as a warning, don't come after me or my clan unprovoked. If we destroy someone's net unprovoked, I have no problem getting into a fight. I'm just warning against people who think it's a good idea to try and suckerpunch Shield.

Quotei dont want you with net either, your less of a threat under 200m net than with 1.3b

So you think, but actually I've destroyed more net when I've been under 200m net than when I've been in first place.

Quote from: Wolf SnareYou always have, noob.

Have you always been this full of baloney, or am I just noticing now because you've decided to throw a tantrum?

QuoteOh please, you've emped three times in your life. The only two that matter were here at RWL, and both times I put you there. Go back to ZAP if you wanna act like a big tough guy, least on their playerbase of 4 people you could semi back it up.

I think I played at ZAP, once, like 7 years ago. As for the rest, yeah, because me emping is totally the only thing that counts. *Rollseyes*

QuoteAs for 3.0; no, not really. getting to third spot on the second day does not constitute expertise. Your "skills" are mediocre at best, and I reckon I'm just feeling generous today.

*Blink* Third spot? Fairly sure I was in first, the last time I logged out. In fact, every round I've played in 3.0, I've ended up in the top 5 at minimum. Besides, when you stop teaming with Sevah literally every round, riding his coat-tails, and actually try to do something solo, like I have, then you might have a leg to stand on to criticize how I'm playing the game.

blahblahblah. Ever heard of a liability? yeah, you. All other times your team conceded their unmet expectations, cut their losses, and let you go off on your own to better themselves.

LOL. You are just making stuff up now.

Corrected your structural error. Fed my ego by making up ridiculous crap.

Fixed it for you.

Quote from: Gen. VolkovI am not scared of Shadow, I have never been scared of Shadow.

Quote from: Wolf Snarefix'd

Fixed it for you again.

QuoteI'd really hate to think of what that made you then. sevah is brilliant, speaking illy of his playing ability makes you look stupid. I dare you to play any competent promi player 1 vs 1, we'll show you the true meaning of incompetence.

I have played competent promi players 1v1. I played SEVAH 1v1, and it came to a draw. Sevah is a good player, as an individual, but he's not good at dealing with the situation TEMPLE was in. If he had been able to get over his own arrogance, and ask for advice, I'm pretty sure we could have turned things around. But he was too convinced of his own brilliance and skill to ever take advice. You, Snare, would have been a better choice to lead TEMPLE in that situation. But you were too busy riding Sevah's coat-tails, convinced he is "brilliant", and getting drunk to realize it.

QuoteI suppose the truth hits you like a brick wall when you're in denial for so long. Everyone wouldn't be chirping you if there was no legitimacy to my words.

Snare, define "everyone". Because I'm pretty sure "everyone" is not you and Sevah. There is no legitimacy to you words because you are talking about things that NEVER HAPPENED.

Is that why you had 6m leaders on 40k land, no shields? Not more than a week ago? I'm a rat, and I know that. Would you like a mentor, Volky? Maybe we can direct you toward someone that can show you the ropes, no?

Are we talking about the day after Shadow and I took out WAR's netholder? When Sevah tried to murder me and got one off, before failing 3 times? I think my shields ran out for a small amount of time in there, as I was somewhat busy destroying all your clan's stored net, and forgot. Then Sevah got one murder off, failed several more times, and I got on and reset my shields. Yeah, my leader ratio must have been SO bad if Sevah could get one murder off before his ratio fell too low to get through again.

We put you up top.

LOL. That's what made it so ridiculous. You guys did put me up top, and then Sevah got all jealous of me being on top and started plotting to take it for himself. You, yourself, literally warned me of this.

QuoteSevah has been emperor more times than -edit- not an appropriate analogy and you should be worshipping him when promi is concerned, not belittling him. Honestly, he does deserve a good scolding, for ever considering you worthy.

Sevah has taken first place in Turbo about as many times as you and Shadow have. I consider him a worthy opponent, as an individual player, but I'm hardly going to start "worshipping" him. This line of argument just doesn't work Snare, and you know it. I'm sorry that you are all pissy, but you being E-mad at me doesn't suddenly make me a worse player. Sevah screwed up running TEMPLE. You know, I know it, and the whole game knows it. You should just admit it and move on, rather than filling this thread with pointless, untrue attacks on me because you don't want to admit it.

QuoteDangerous opponent? let's duel, Volkov, I'll make your beady eyes swell up with tears. I'll crumble the one area of your life that you can get away with blatantly exercising this (unfounded) machismo.

Fine Snare, let's duel, if that will make you happy. You do not scare me Snare. I just hope you are a better player than you are a debater, because you truly suck at this. As for the rest... since you are pretty clearly being the internet tough guy in this conversation, that's pretty silly of you to say. I didn't realize rational, logical responses to your ridiculous macho posturing was "machismo".

Sevz

Just to show how Volkov lies to make me look bad

Fri, 27 Apr 2012 04:21:55 -0700    Ruler of Conjuration (#21)
Clan:    The Hounds of Ulster (#7)
Clan: Shield   Mission: Murder
Failed
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:47:31 -0700    Ruler of Conjuration (#21)
Clan: Shield   Mission: Murder
Success
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:45:14 -0700    Ruler of Conjuration (#21)
Clan: Shield   Mission: Steal
Failed

Read reverse. I was on a poor ratio and failed the steal. Sent a murder off and there was no shield next one failed. Volkov says I'm soo stupid I think magically my ratio would improve. Keep embellishing stories. Our duel wasn't a draw I just had sympathy and bigger plans. I won because you couldn't get an offensive mission on me while I got heaps on you. The only thing you had against me was persistence.

As for temple falling. Try think about the bigger picture. Your plans to survive the code abuse was with more code abuse. Everyone knows deliberately failing constant attacks is not the way the game was designed. Heck I remember getting temporarily disabled for having defence before. All I did was play normal and people couldn't break after I logged off so the story was I got someone to intentionally max me. I'm a sportsman but I bet if I made a habit of suiciding down netholders the admins would modify the code a little.

I challenge you to a duel. Every mistake you make I'll be putting it on the forums for all to see.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteRead reverse. I was on a poor ratio and failed the steal. Sent a murder off and there was no shield next one failed. Volkov says I'm soo stupid I think magically my ratio would improve. Keep embellishing stories.

I have no idea what goes through your brain, I just know there was one success and then you failed afterwards. As for the multiple failures, I could have sworn my news said you failed at least twice, though the second failure was separated a bit in time. However, this is what is in my newsfeed, so it appears I was wrong about the multiple failures.

5 days, 19.1 hours ago    Ruler of Conjuration (#21) tried to eliminate your forces!
6 days, 0.6 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by Ruler of Conjuration (#21)!
6 days, 0.7 hours ago    You find Ruler of Conjuration (#21) trying to steal your money!

Apologies. I don't generally lie about people. I don't need to do so, because I have self-confidence. I do make mistakes though, and when I do, I apologize.

Our duel wasn't a draw I just had sympathy and bigger plans. I won because you couldn't get an offensive mission on me while I got heaps on you. The only thing you had against me was persistence.

I got plenty of offensive missions on you. Don't lie to make me look bad. As for persistence... that isn't exactly a bad trait to have, and why Snare's claims that I "jump ship" constantly or whatever are so ridiculous. I'm one of the most stubborn people on RWL. I'm being nice saying it was a draw, to be honest. You gave up, I was willing to keep going. The object of battle is to make the enemy not want to fight anymore, so by that standard, I won. I don't care what your supposed reasons were, you weren't willing to continue the fight.

QuoteAs for temple falling. Try think about the bigger picture. Your plans to survive the code abuse was with more code abuse. Everyone knows deliberately failing constant attacks is not the way the game was designed. Heck I remember getting temporarily disabled for having defence before. All I did was play normal and people couldn't break after I logged off so the story was I got someone to intentionally max me. I'm a sportsman but I bet if I made a habit of suiciding down netholders the admins would modify the code a little.

It's not code abuse, no matter how many times you say it, and my plan to survive it was not more code abuse, though I admit the tactic was a bit dirty. No more dirty than suicides though.

QuoteI challenge you to a duel. Every mistake you make I'll be putting it on the forums for all to see.

So wait, who am I dueling first? Is this reg, or turbo? Do I have to fight you both at the same time? Are we going to stay clanned for it? It is going to be unclanned? Are you both just going to suckerpunch me, like you did Shadow, or are there going to be rules? I'm perfectly willing to fight you guys, both at once or one at time, but I need to know the circumstances. Also, if you guys are going to team up on me, I think it's only fair if I get a partner as well.

Sevz

Your a marked man. 50bil goes to whoever takes you down. Any means. Suiciding is fine by you. You'll deal with it great

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 02, 2012, 11:35:11 PM
I didn't personally attack anyone, though I did swear. I figured it would be caught by the auto-censor. It's not my fault you guys don't have that word on it.
The censor is not there to allow you to swear, it is there to attempt to block it when someone breaks the rule and does. The familiar adage is "don't test the filter".
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: ShadowThe censor is not there to allow you to swear, it is there to attempt to block it when someone breaks the rule and does. The familiar adage is "don't test the filter".

I wasn't testing the filter, I didn't even know the word wasn't blocked. Honestly, sometimes you just have a need to say something stronger than "a stoat's behind". If I actually wanted to swear, I know how to get around the filter.

Quote from: SevzYour a marked man. 50bil goes to whoever takes you down. Any means. Suiciding is fine by you. You'll deal with it great

What happened to the duel? I thought you were going to show me how great you are. Not that it would actually prove anything, since my points are all about a team environment rather than individual skills, still though, what happened to this duel idea?