Like Birds

Started by Snowy Fir, April 16, 2012, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowy Fir

This morning I went for a walk. I followed a lone raven who was being chased around my village by the crows. This raven was twice the size of the largest crow, he had a hooked beak and a sharp mind. By pecking at his feathers the little crows could slow him. Five or six at a time would pursue him as he moved from place to place. He rarely lingered long in one spot.

I recognized that this is exactly what has been happening to me, but I also recognized something else...

this was the most well fed raven I have ever seen.

Pippin

the lone ravens minions had clearly deserted him from fear off their lives >:D

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shores of Tripoli

I am neutral, please don't sack, chaos, or capture on me as I share my stats with the public. I hope you all can respect this.

Wolf Snare

Refreshing your browser every 10 minutes throughout the night and following birds aimlessly-- gosh, I daresay you have too much time on your hands.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shores of Tripoli

I refresh mine about every 72 seconds on average.

Shadow

Gotta say, that was one of the more interesting a tactical online battles I've had here. Fun stuff.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

i enjoyed that too, first takedown ive tried in beta
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

you guys might have had it if we weren't online

must say I am impressed

were you indying or just buying back and forth? (I ask because not many people are indying, would like to know if you can tell me some of the problems with it)

Wolf Snare

not enough production,(maybe boost 15%? sound too intense?) too much consumption (lower consumption rates by 10 - 15%, for indy races), every other strat can flourish without plateauing at a mediocre level-- think about it:

Cashers don't have upkeep, they buy their troops after their run for a healthy NW increase

Resellers dont have upkeep, they buy and sell via the market and steadily increase their NW

Foragers don't even need troops save for an attacking army.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Yea, indy will get a boost. I've had the plan for that bouncing around my head for a while now, and with exams done tomorrow I can get around to it finally. I think that an upkeep reduction is also a good idea, but only for indy races. Maybe I will make barracks reduce consumption of resources so that it only applies to indiers.

Wolf Snare

I was trying to figure out the best way to code in the balance for indies, but that's probably easiest. How would you do it though, make it per acre constructed into barracks? Just wondering since as the game goes land accumulates a lot more etc
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

yea it's all relative, barracks/land ratio would be the relevant variable

I'm thinking camps are getting pretty useless all around. Perhaps it would be a good idea to put the merc cost reduction on another building (tents?) and just drop camps entirely.

Peace Alliance

I like the idea of combining camps and tents. It is worth some thought.

Shores of Tripoli

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 18, 2012, 09:14:39 PM
I like the idea of combining camps and tents. It is worth some thought.
It would make weasel race much more powerful, and seeing that there are only 2 weasels in the game right now, that may not be a bad thing.

Ian2424

Yeah :P. Win-win. Indiers and resellers get a boost. I'm pretty sure the resellers need the most boost, since you can't really sell for a really good profit.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*