3.0 suggestions from Sevz

Started by The Obliterator, March 24, 2012, 04:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

Delay the transit to 2hours minimum. Make the storage capacity about half of what it is. Let mercs serve their purpose on sales prices. Fully anonymous public market.
15% of the sale is a huge sting. (15b per 100b spent) not good for an emp reseller.
I'm tired and can't concentrate
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

The Obliterator

Hmm i see the dilemma

Would it be better if we based the tax on the amount of NW a player has rather than how much he has times the average. Also how is the average calculated? Does it include people in protection?

Also with the aiding the emperor cash. Technically it is still using the market and the people buying still have to buy the troops. Could you give me scenario where it helped the emperor to sell his troops for cash.

Also i had an idea about the market that would add more diversity. If you took away the upper and lower limits of selling prices and instead limited the sell prices to within a range of the average sell price. It would mean that if the market became flooded the prices would restrict themselves until the market was bought out. It would also mean that people couldn't store troops at the highest prices and bring them down later as they would always be in a "buyable" range.

Another thought. Could we perhaps add in again the remove from market just at around 50% loss. That way it would just be used for desperate circumstances and hopefully not abused. It would also mean at the end of the round people would be able to pull half of their unsold troops from the market.

Also before i forget would it be possible for there to be a way to combine troops that are selling at the same price that way the market does not become impossible to navigate and neither does the sell page.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Sevah

that doesn't work because you are removing 50% of an accumulated source. 20% is very damaging when it comes to a big transaction of skiffs. Try to remember that all rules are in place for everyone and not just the ones who are successful.

Why is there even a tax? what is tax? who is gaining from this tax? if no one is gaining why call it a tax when it's clearly a penalty? Why penalise good players?

Truth to the story for the 5% tax is because the market provides a service and the ability to set your prices above the merc sale price.
For a 5% fee the market allowed you to be a reseller of cheap troops. An investor of longevity.
The removal of 20% is because many people set unreasonable prices. For you to attempt using the public market and being unsuccessful there is a penalty.

I speak for the market. Do not defy the rules of stock rotation. After X time your troops will be removed from because it's not a storage pit.

Shadow

Quote from: The Obliterator on March 24, 2012, 09:18:34 AM
Would it be better if we based the tax on the amount of NW a player has rather than how much he has times the average. Also how is the average calculated? Does it include people in protection?
Not really, because there are different game scenarios where networth will vary widely, whereas times average is a measure of power across most game scenarios. Plus it wouldn't actually change anything, the tax would still be there once you hit the arbitrary threshold net we chose. Average in the median net of all active (white on scores) players.

Also with the aiding the emperor cash. Technically it is still using the market and the people buying still have to buy the troops. Could you give me scenario where it helped the emperor to sell his troops for cash.
Guy wants to lock land but is out of reach of aid from his team. He sets his prices to max and has his team buy them, meaning that he gets a ton of cash for very little loss of troops, and uses it to buy a locking army (Sevs and co did this last round).

Also i had an idea about the market that would add more diversity. If you took away the upper and lower limits of selling prices and instead limited the sell prices to within a range of the average sell price. It would mean that if the market became flooded the prices would restrict themselves until the market was bought out. It would also mean that people couldn't store troops at the highest prices and bring them down later as they would always be in a "buyable" range.
Neat idea. There are some along this line in development which I'll give details of in about a month once things are finalized.

Another thought. Could we perhaps add in again the remove from market just at around 50% loss. That way it would just be used for desperate circumstances and hopefully not abused. It would also mean at the end of the round people would be able to pull half of their unsold troops from the market.
We tried this, even at 50%, the market was a storehouse.

Also before i forget would it be possible for there to be a way to combine troops that are selling at the same price that way the market does not become impossible to navigate and neither does the sell page.
no, because the merc sell button dumps a whole transaction, so is it better to keep them split up. It would be possible to change this but it would be a huge pain in the butt for a cosmetic change, so...

QuoteDelay the transit to 2hours minimum. Make the storage capacity about half of what it is. Let mercs serve their purpose on sales prices. Fully anonymous public market.
This doesn't solve any of the problems I mentioned.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Quote from: Shadow on March 24, 2012, 10:14:40 AM
QuoteDelay the transit to 2hours minimum. Make the storage capacity about half of what it is. Let mercs serve their purpose on sales prices. Fully anonymous public market.
This doesn't solve any of the problems I mentioned.

There ya go just saying it wont work without a second thought.
Mercs in use takes pressure off the market. Not all the pressure but a fair bit. People are currently dependant of the market for revenue which hinders a consistent strategy.

Pippin

Someone stole $1,101,336,731 and 9,536,668 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $1,351,706,520 and 12,322,746 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $1,529,044,101 and 13,302,259 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $1,582,661,205 and 13,929,765 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $2,039,865,712 and 13,910,751 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $2,237,040,231 and 15,225,381 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $1,918,296,309 and 22,579,306 from your treasury!
0 hours ago   Someone stole $2,893,538,520 and 25,909,245 from your treasury!

had 21b cash and someone stole about 15% in one steal? pretty op
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Pippin

maybe it should be reduced a bit if 15% of someones cash/food can be taken
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

some tweaks to the attack system next round will even it out

Pippin

an idea for the land farm now that attack ops has gone and (i think) its possible that it can be maxed on high land making it impossible to get, to maybe make it so that it has unlimited attacks but cannot be taken under 5k land to make sure it stays alive

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

oh woops, I meant to clan the farm, forgot about that.

Thanks

Sevz

Hey Shadow, when was the last time you won a turbo round? I don't think I ever seen it happen.
Actually I don't think i've even see you do well in the game without significant help. Never seen you make much networth or post a big finish.
I'm beginning to think that you are projecting your inadequacies onto others.

Just wondering how you got access to the code rather than given a fresh www.pageofcrapupgradestoredwall.com.

Please restore some old settings for I'm in a moment of despair towards this website. I think you are bitter and won't be satisfied until others are even more bitter than you. Slowing down the turns will not improve activity. Taxing the well ranked players will not improve activity.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

QuoteHey Shadow, when was the last time you won a turbo round? I don't think I ever seen it happen.
Actually I don't think i've even see you do well in the game without significant help. Never seen you make much networth or post a big finish.
I'm beginning to think that you are projecting your inadequacies onto others.
Lol, this game. Feel free to check out the immort archive yourself.

Most people seem to be reacting positively to 3.0, though I am aware there are still problems. I agree that slower turns are not helpful, but I disagree about the high ranked player thing. In my time here, people lose interest when the game is locked down, so making that harder to do is a good thing for activity.

Stop whining.

Sevz

Immorts? I haven't seen you finish strong in all my time. I think you are a fool and making it easy to dominate from above.

What's the deal with failing an attack and taking health? attacking and stealing at the same time? Your making it so every is robbed of their netgaining.
Hmm. Do you know what netgaining is? 
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wyanor

Im just hear to apologies for being a jerk to you and 12 sevzs. :-\
I am an Orthodox Christian.