Hidden Fox's Market Report

Started by Peace Alliance, March 07, 2012, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Yet another great service from your favorite passive player. I am going to regularly give reports on the market.

In 3.0 the market is one of the most important features in the game. It is the best way to maintain an end-game. It serves as an indicator for how the game is doing. But it's hard to keep an eye on who exactly is dominating the market, especially right now because the market is crazy flooded

[edit] Now with non-fictitious numbers!

Total PostedCost to buy out

Rats 47,687,54521,557,673,553

Stoats 35,770,28356,594,082,494

Weasels 28,788,53924,505,875,330

Skiffs 23,050,45356,926,122,455

Food 2,663,845,53837,597,266,346

Cost to buy out the market right now: $197,181,020,178

Break down:
Rat prices are currently going up. They were down to 320 yesterday, but today they're almost at 400. There are not many rats on the market right now.
Currently it looks like The Equinox of 2012 (#4) has the most rats up there, all of which are priced quite high. #9's high price decision may be because of neglect, or he/she may be planning to sell things later in the game for a late-in-the-race boost.

Weasels are plentiful right now. Not many players seem to be building a defense, so that probably explains the lack of sales. They are being sold for very little. Again, The Equinox of 2012 (#4) seems to be dominating the market on weasels, but most people are selling for significantly less, at 800.

Stoats are the hottest market right now. They are being sold for 1,389, but the bulk of them cost more then 1435. Again, The Equinox of 2012 (#4) is the big seller, and the best deals are comin' from Shadow (Passive) (#17) and IceCream (#16).

skiffs are very overpopulated on the market right now. I suspect they are being used to pad people's NW, but then folks realize they are costing a lot and market them. They are a very low price though, and one day soon somebody is likely to buy them up for defense.

Lots of food on the market right now. Mostly passive-sold, and at a really good price. So I would encourage anyone to go ahead and stop building foragers - at this price it's better to use the market for your food.

Overall the market is still very flooded. it has been this way all round, and I would love to hear comments as to why people think that is. Shadow and I both suspect it is because too many people are playing indy intead of casher strat.

Genevieve

You've had too much free time with your calculator.

Raggon

I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Durza

And all the better for the passive players who make food
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sevah

Nice report

I got a bit lazy
Been buying everyones stuff and nothing from the mercs. Don't be mad when I steal from you all ;) It'll probably end up back in your pocket

Also PA, i'll buy out your stuff but don't be surprised when I rob it back. Shadow should run soon. After his turns i'll standard attack then buy his stuff, come back a lil bit later and rob the passive sucker ;) serves him right for stirring me up all these times. He knows it's coming. Conscious awareness of a karmic debt.

Do another market report in a couple days brutha
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Peace Alliance

Breakdown:

Wow! I thought the market was flooded before. It's now officially 2.2 times as big!

There are four times as many rats on the market now. The rat market is observably dominated by IceCream (#16), although there are several players with a sizable investment in the rat market (including myself). It should be noted that the price is dropping like a rock, so this is the time to start switching to a cashing strat!

Weasels are still rock bottom cheap. They're a great option for suring up the defenses. IceCream (#16) has this the weasel market cornered too, with the most posted at the best price.

Stoats are not officially capped out at the minimum price. This is the cheapest price you will ever get on stoats. Don't let the high buy out stop you from considering buying out the stoat market, because most of that buy out price is because of The Equinox of 2012 (#4) posting so many for such a high price. If you want to buy out everything under $1,400, it would only cost you $88bil.

Skiffs have doubled in size, and are still up for fairly cheap. A great way to pad your networth.

Durza

So the round is going to turn into...Who can buy the most NW on the last day.
Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

quite possibly. The cashers will win over the indiers, if I'm correct. A possible fix would be to close the market 3 days before the end...but I'm not sure that would work.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Raggon

I definitly won't win then... I still have little money. :(
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Durza

Question Mark (?)

Shadow

Doesn't quite work that way. Because people often stop selling on the market in the last few days of the round since they are afraid it won't sell in time, stuff on the market is often very expensive at the end. So cashers don't get a very good return on their cash at the end of the set. On the other hand, if they buy up early, they risk getting destroyed by last minute runners.

I don't think any one strategy has a particular end-game advantage.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Quote from: Shadow on March 12, 2012, 08:18:56 PM

I don't think any one strategy has a particular end-game advantage.

I laughed a fair bit when I read that. I've already started my path to a safe victory. Everyone can watch and learn.

Peace Alliance

Breakdown:

Earlier this week The Equinox of 2012 (#4) bought out a large portion of the market. For a day or so the market was almost empty except for his own stuff.

This good move was probably profitable for him, but it didn't take long for the market to rebound. Rather then being empty, it is now once again flooded!

Sevah

I'm gonna change strategies and let the market overflow endlessly. People can't keep up if I'm not financing them and I'll have better defence than usual. Consider it yours and shadows fault when not many grow big from here.

Shadow

I don't think you understand how supply and demand work
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..