Pretty sure RWL just bugged out and rolled back

Started by cloud, February 18, 2012, 03:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

I ran a few hours ago and hit about 425mill NW. I log on to see that I have been bashed in by Permian and had my NW decreased by quite a bit. However, I'm at max turns after maybe 3 hours, have more cash on hand, and SIGNIFICANTLY less troops on the market and food. Additionally according to my math I also started with less troops when I started getting hit (What I previously had before I ran today). Also I ended the towers on 20% huts and 80% towers. I've now got camps...game's effed.

Also a forum post of mine is missing. Usually if I say something the mods don't like it gets edited and not completely removed. So I'm really really confused and disgruntled as to what happened.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

Site was down when we moved hosts, as I'm sure you know. Windy probably had to revert stuff or something to get everything to work properly again. Guess it kind of screwed you dude.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

at least you have a legitimate reason for losing networth Cloud. Many others don't.
Gimme another 2 days i'll bash down everyone including you then be in a clear spot to take emp if I wanted. At this point i'll delete and repeat the onslaught.

*pillages solitude*
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

Windy moved hosts, but apparently some people's ISP's are lazy and didn't acknowledge the new host immediately. This means that people who were still being sent to the old one and ran turns during the process lost their progress because the database that was moved was backed up at an earlier point.

The overall effect is the same as a rollback of a few hours =/.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Ah, sorry Cloud

I started the DNS server change at midnight yesterday, then moved the databases around 7pm EST.  So your ISP had around 19 hours to update their DNS servers.  The vast majority of people's did, I guess yours didn't.

I thought about, and should have, locked down the bluehost game servers and put the old forum in maintenance mode, but got distracted when something broke that shouldn't have.

The game database and game files are a carbon copy of what was on the old server.  That part went smoothly.  People received double turns for maybe half an hour till I got a message that it wasn't quite right (thanks Snare).  But that was just the cron script running twice.
Your account, when uploaded to the new server around 11pm EST, was the same as it was at 7pm EST.  If you ran after 7pm and your DNS hadn't gotten around to updating it just rolled you back.  Same with the forum. 
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

cloud

Figures...well the damage done is pretty much irreversible and turbo is clearly won by Permian considering no one else, except maybe volkov, is even slightly competent in the new code.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

I actually feel sorry for VTN and their utter lack of skills and common sense. It's like their brains can't retain any bit of information nor can they deduce simple conclusions from numerous failures. Cloud was the only hope the game had. You can withdraw your request to join Permian, your time has come and gone.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

A) Shut up and quit embarrassing yourself, it's a game about internet rats. That post was so stupid and offensive, I really do not understand what on earth your problem is.
B) Is that why Vargath just broke you?

No, I'm not in VTN, they've been a bit ineffectual, but not all of them had access to the beta, and none of them are exploiting problems in the game. Just quick making an idiot of yourself and try to enjoy the round.

Btw, next time you try locking, make sure your brain retains this information: The fact weasels are defensive does not mean you do not buy/produce any. Kthxbai.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

ineffectual? exactly my point.

in·ef·fec·tu·al- (of a person) Lacking the ability or qualities to cope with a role or situation: "an ineffectual clan"

Did I hit a nerve? Poor lil guy...

hahahaha
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

The difference in the personality of Snare in first place verus Snare in < first place is funny.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Yep. I suck at this game. Whatever will I do in life, I cannot kill your virtual rats to take your virtual land. :( When will I ever find a purpose in life?

Quote from: Shadow on February 18, 2012, 01:33:54 PM
The difference in the personality of Snare in first place verus Snare in < first place is funny.
Notice how he neglects to mention the team that's destroyed his clan in REG is pretty much VTN +you and me.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

I think I'm all around egotistical, where have you been?
Keep whining about it, I could be last place and I'd still make fun of how terrible VTN is.  

I never played BETA firetooth, and the only thing I've exploited is this dodgy code. Where did upkeep go?

Love to see you all so flustered.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Wolf Snare

Good, I've got a smile on my face too. It's a game firetooth, so stop crying about it ;)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

Oh gosh, my landz! I repeat, they figured out what barracks do!

hahahaha
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)