Land farm

Started by Firetooth, February 08, 2012, 04:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

You're just mad because you don't want to read. I think you'll find you're the redundant one, you keep a thesaurus on hand.

Peace, bottom line:

You are mad that sevz "abuses the code"

yet you can't see that shadow clearly suggested people abuse the code?

I thought you were smarter than you now appear and I didn't peg you for one of those people who blindly follow corruption when reason is screaming in your face.

My posts have alot more substance than simply whining about the land farm, im addressing bigger problems.

"if they are both at fault, why must only one be acknowledged for being so? I know people see Sevahs name and instantly combat my efforts, usually adopting the opinion of the majority of the forum based off of dislike for him; you've got to recognize that my argument is in no way attempting to justify sevz actions--hell, it has nothing to do with him at all and I could care less for what happens in regard to his indecencies. All I want is the mistreating to stop and the power to be used responsibly. If you can get over it and realize that, you'll see I make a very good point. I may use Sevah for my examples, but as so I provide the evidence for my argument: I want justice; unbiased decisions where everyone is treated fairly. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, whether you're the forum badass or you're hiding behind your shiny admin title. Most importantly, powers should not be abused for personal gain. "

Anyways, you're all too closeminded to see this so I'm resting my argument.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

@snare,

You mean you wasted 3 pages, 2,000 words and several minutes of my life to argue that Shadow was encouraging people to exploit the code he spent months developing? By locking land on the land farm??

I am seriously urging you to look at this with some perspective snare, because you've gone wildly astray from reality.

Quote from: cloud on February 09, 2012, 12:58:06 PM
Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 09, 2012, 12:53:18 PM
I don't mind that idea. I bet I'd outrank you by the end of the set.

I don't think you've ever outranked me at anything PA.
It's a good thing we have all those immortalizations saved then, eh? Go take a look at how many times I've outranked you without making a single attack, and while helping out everyone I can.

Wolf Snare

No, it's not that, it's the way he deals with situations. If anyone he didn't like had developed the idea to lock land on the farm (say HE was emping and it didn't benefit him) I know he'd have a problem with it. I want everyone to be held accountable for their actions, I'm sick of the hierarchy bullshit where certain individuals can get away with whatever they want. You clearly have tunnel vision and can't grasp my point. I want  the bickering between shadow and others people to stop, because he often instigates things and can't be penalized for them. I want him to take his job more seriously and stop overlooking vulgar arguments on the forums that would normally result in warnings, yet the perpetrators are left unscathed because he happens to agree with them. It's unprofessional.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

I don't understand Snare.
In all the walls of text you've posted in this topic you've said that a maxable landfarm is a bad thing, but never once stated why.  Just that its bad and that anyone who's not an idiot should beable to see it as such.  This is a poor tactic to get people to see your side.

On the other hand, Shadow, Ollie and I have each given reasons why its not such a big deal.
You continue to maintain that it is the worst possible thing that should be punished while not giving the reasons why.  Why do you believe its such an awful thing?

You cannot equate maxing the landfarm and passing troops via the market.
In the latter there is already a mechanism for transferring goods which is being circumvented. 
In the former there is no side stepping of an existing mechanism. 

Passing troops through the market is an old thing.  Its been done before and its effects are obvious.
Maxing the landfarm has, to my knowledge, never been an issue.  And I'm not positive it is one now.

With the latest posts I guess its not so much issues with the landfarm as your issues with Shadow.
I disagree with most of what you said.  Shadow regularly checks for input before adopting any changes.  It may just happen in less public places like MSN or subforums. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

See, the reason I am not bothering is because there is literally nothing I can say that you would not dismiss as me trying to justify being corrupt or some such nonsense.

I freely acknowledge that the current state of affairs is my fault - the attack system was not good enough. To be honest this round is going quite well for a beta round - nobody has really broken the economics yet, and they, while not being balanced yet, are actually not that bad so far.

There are lots of problems to be addressed, and they will be. Most of them are already taken care of on another server and are waiting to move over for next round. Maybe sooner depending on how quickly things move along.

If the land farm being maxxable becomes a big issue, then we will address it at that time. Before now, there was no problem. Now, maybe there is. We'll see. In the meantime, just chill out.

I have said before and I will say again: code abuse ONCE is a useful thing. If you are not sure if it is abuse, try it once and find out how it affects things. This is beta after all. Doing it more than once, not so helpful. This is the once, and we can decide where to go from there.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Quote from: windhound on February 09, 2012, 01:18:46 PM
I don't understand Snare.
In all the walls of text you've posted in this topic you've said that a maxable landfarm is a bad thing, but never once stated why.  Just that its bad and that anyone who's not an idiot should beable to see it as such.  This is a poor tactic to get people to see your side.

On the other hand, Shadow, Ollie and I have each given reasons why its not such a big deal.
You continue to maintain that it is the worst possible thing that should be punished while not giving the reasons why.  Why do you believe its such an awful thing?

You cannot equate maxing the landfarm and passing troops via the market.
In the latter there is already a mechanism for transferring goods which is being circumvented.  
In the former there is no side stepping of an existing mechanism.  

Passing troops through the market is an old thing.  Its been done before and its effects are obvious.
Maxing the landfarm has, to my knowledge, never been an issue.  And I'm not positive it is one now.

With the latest posts I guess its not so much issues with the landfarm as your issues with Shadow.
I disagree with most of what you said.  Shadow regularly checks for input before adopting any changes.  It may just happen in less public places like MSN or subforums.  

The landfarm is just and example of unjust actions taken . Since you're not ingame you don't realize the effect it has, and don't realize that the only reason he suggested it is to prevent sevah from scooping up more land. I only pointed out that this is poor form, and is infact code abuse.

Quote from: Shadow on February 09, 2012, 01:19:59 PM
If the land farm being maxxable becomes a big issue, then we will address it at that time. Before now, there was no problem. Now, maybe there is. We'll see. In the meantime, just chill out.

I have said before and I will say again: code abuse ONCE is a useful thing. If you are not sure if it is abuse, try it once and find out how it affects things. This is beta after all. Doing it more than once, not so helpful. This is the once, and we can decide where to go from there.
You know darn well how it is being abused. It becomes particularly useful to the opposition of an emperor, which was my point; I suppose it was just a fluke then?

For those of you that can't see the bigger picture, I just want equality, ingame and on forums. Kyle, can you handle being fair with everyone and not picking favourites or instigating where you shouldn't be? The topic peace just locked even proves your bias.

QuoteGuys, please knock it off. This is going nowhere.

Alazar, please stop testing the word filters so much if and when you do respond. You can express yourself without swearing, I am sure of it. Please put in the effort.

Shadow
Modding

This was firetooths 4th infraction in the topic. He was not above personal insults and swearing several times. You only addressed Alazar whilst allowing firetooth (and sharpy) to carry on over the course of 4 pages. As soon as Ally responded, you nailed him. Ridiculous.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 09, 2012, 01:13:51 PM
It's a good thing we have all those immortalizations saved then, eh? Go take a look at how many times I've outranked you without making a single attack, and while helping out everyone I can.

I wasn't aware we were actually allowed to use logic on this forum   :-[
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Firetooth

Personally I do see the advantages of a maxable land farm due to land trickling out, but thinking from a newb perspective, which is tbh what land farm is intended for (easy land for newbs) I would prefer an easy, always available source of land to get me sorted out early on then having to scrape. Yes, it's worked to our advantage it being maxable now, but honestly seeing as you yourself have said dropping will not have much use when 3.0 is finished, why not just make the farm unmaxable? Worse that can happen is it gets killed and rezzed by somebody dropping a few acres.

Oh and Snare, give over. Apparently, code abuse if fine if it's Sevz and co, but if anybody else does it, ban them and remove the evil overlord (communist, as Alazar called them) admins.Sevz has found loopholes and abused them more then the one time he should have. This is a one off, and Sharp told me we had permission. Sevz did not ask.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Firetooth on February 09, 2012, 01:27:47 PM
Personally I do see the advantages of a maxable land farm due to land trickling out, but thinking from a newb perspective, which is tbh what land farm is intended for (easy land for newbs) I would prefer an easy, always available source of land to get me sorted out early on then having to scrape. Yes, it's worked to our advantage it being maxable now, but honestly seeing as you yourself have said dropping will not have much use when 3.0 is finished, why not just make the farm unmaxable? Worse that can happen is it gets killed and rezzed by somebody dropping a few acres.

Oh and Snare, give over. Apparently, code abuse if fine if it's Sevz and co, but if anybody else does it, ban them and remove the evil overlord (communist, as Alazar called them) admins.Sevz has found loopholes and abused them more then the one time he should have. This is a one off, and Sharp told me we had permission. Sevz did not ask.

Clearly you skimmed over my posts. I am only seeking fairness. I did not say sevz was allowed to abuse anything, I said no one should be able to. I'm sick of the prejudice and discrimination is every aspect.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

You did not make a fuss when sevz abused though, did you?

Didn't think so.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

Actually, as soon as I became aware of his actions I reported it. Don't just assume I'm sevz lacky, I'm here to balance things and try to keep it as fair as I can. The trouble with the market is, it's one of the only viable strategies now; reselling. As soon as I realized that sevz was using it to pass up networth to an otherwise unreachable height, I suggested a fix for it (which I bet will be implemented asap unlike the landfarm glitch) see my point? probably not.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

You reported it, but you didn't go to the forums to condemn sevz and the admins. "Reporting" is not the same a "making a fuss." You also consistently have defended sevz actions on the forums.

Besides, the land farm glitch didn't help us break sevz, it's jsut helping the land leak back to the people. Would you rather sevz sits up there on 250k so nobody else can have any fun and do any testing, just so he can play internet hard man? Drop the "I'm a top guy trying to keep things fair" charade, it's tiring. You're butthurt that you're no longer a mod and keep trying to show up the admins, who are honestly doing their best, especially considering how much unfair abuse they're receiving. This is only a Beta, everybody is treating it like a turbo round. Far as I'm concerned, the winner is whoever helps contribute the most changes, not whoever has the most rats or whatever at the end. The fact it's a beta also means there is going to be bugs, that's the whole point of it...

Peace Alliance

We're going in circles.

Snare, hop on AIM/MSN/FB and feel free to talk to any of us about this. Even if you do see a problem with shadow, you shouldn't be bringing it up on the turbo forum in this way. You aren't being productive, and you aren't getting anywhere with your argument.

*locks topic*

If anyone has any constructive comments about the land farm, I direct you to the development forum. I, for one, think it's a great idea to put the land farm in a clan.