repairing last word

Started by Gorak, May 25, 2008, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Blobfish

Quote from: Briar on February 08, 2009, 04:04:57 PM
Yeah..."odd" is a...adequate word to describe the experience... :D
:'(
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Ruatine

Now what's wrong with spending your money on stuff you like?  :wink:
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Gorak

you end up not having enough left over for what you need

Ruatine

Quote from: Gorak on February 10, 2009, 12:17:41 AM
you end up not having enough left over for what you need

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Gorak

meh, I just spent the last 5 years climbing outta debt because I just spent my money on what I wanted.
those 5 years were absolute hell and not worth anything I had bought, and brought me to the place where I'd gladly give up everything I own (and did for the most part) to just be free from those enslaving mandatory monthly payments I couldn't afford, and non stop letters and phone calls from creditors demanding money

but I guess some of us have to learn the hard way

Ruatine

Wow, you really know how to be a wet blanket don't you. NOTE: I did not say, "Now what's wrong with spending your money only on things you want?" I said, "Now what's wrong with spending your money on stuff you like?" What I said had nothing to do with whether or not you have said money to spend at all. It had to do with the fact that if you're grocery shopping, why shouldn't you buy the types of food you like instead of something you don't like but is considered more in keeping with being an adult?

Gorak

Life ain't all puppies and kittens

windhound

I think the point was more I'm going to buy Capt. Crunch instead of Fiber One and I'd rather get chocolate milk instead of prune juice
That's not really living in excess, as hopefully you're going to buy food anyways.  Hopefully the junk is supplemented with things that hold nutritional value, but sure.  <3 the gallon boxes of Goldfish, 2.1lbs of goodness

Its kind of a given that you should live within your means, though credit does make it deceptively easy to avoid doing so
'grates on climbing out Gorak
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

so does 72 month financing :o

Ruatine

Thankfully the only credit card I have has a $500 cap and my debts are limited to student loans. I have a feeling that the student loans are going to kick my butt once I start having to pay them though.

Shadow

I am trying very hard not to spend my student loans. I made it through first year without spending more than I could pay back easily, let's hope I cna keep it going.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Briar

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389/saturday-night-live-dont-buy-stuff#s-p1-st-i0

And on that note...this is becoming far too serious spam.  Lighten up, guys.   :)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.