First Round of Big Badger commences.

Started by Fleetscut, April 20, 2003, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetscut

Long Post but it is vital you read every word.

You may only play if your name is listed here.
Bluemoon: M. Hare
Deadeye: M. Hedgehog
Sha: F. Mouse
Guardians of the Night: M. Hare
General Aus.: M. Mouse
Tr. Shadow: F. Squirrel
Deathclaw: M. Hare
Blackclaw: M. Mouse
Aqualis: M. Squirrel
Brock: M. Mole

You may all have one guess per player until they have all had one shot. If someone gets it right, they get the points, if someone else also has the answer but does not say it first, gets half points and so on. Any posts from non-contestants will be ignored.

Note: You will need your outcast of Redwall, Mattimeo, Mariel of Redwall, Mossflower AND The Taggerung for maps and details. If you need a map and do not have any of these books to read the maps, type in "Redwall maps" in the search engine and you're bound to stumble across them. (NOTE: I know The Taggerung does not have a map, you will just need it to help you out.)

A huge badger looks you all up and down with a look of "uncontent" written on his face.
"Hmmm so your all the recruits eh?" He chuckles, "Well it's not all fighting you know, you'll have to use your brains for this quest. Squirrels, I am issuing you with longbows and 20 shafts each." He hands out 3 bows and quivers each to T.R Shadow and Aqualis. The great beast continues.
"Bluemoon, Night and Deathclaw, each of you perilous beasts will have a long pike. Deadeye, take this sling. As for you Brock, a mole such as you only needs one weapon and that's a battle axe." You gasp in awe as you each inspect your weaponary. The agitated mice eagerly await their weapons.
"Mice, you each carry a short sword. The more points you all score, I will personally upgrade each of your weapons. If you wish to swap, you may only negotiate it with eachother through private messages. Then each of you must message me to confirm it. However swapping is disabled for now. Now before this quest gets underway, and you all begin solving riddles, fighting your way for points, their are some vermin you must all deal with. Are you ready? OK here it is."

Rules:
1. No auto hitting. You may strike and I will judge wether or not you maim or kill.
2. You must use the weapons you are issued with.
3. To gain points, you must be both creative and realistic.
4. No stealing other players ideas. I will take away points for that.
5. Only one post per player. Then you must sit tight and wait til I rate you.
6. You may have to make one lash or shot at each vermin. So make it good.
7. You may not control the vermins moves.

Setting:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII                                      
I                            
I  W********W  
Iiiiiiiiiiii   R iiiiiiiiiiii  
I888                  
I S****0****S  
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII  

KEY
I= Battlement
8= Ladder. You may only acess the battlement via this.
S= Stoat Swordsman
R= Rat Swordsman
W= Weasel Archer
i= wooden fortification
0= YOU
*= This is nothing. I needed it though so the comp could allow the map to be sorted properly. Ignore it.
Anywhere out of the map is out of bounds ;)

The Weasels each notch their bow strings behind the wooden wall. They are having difficulty doing so but will soon. The Stoat on the right advances while the Stoat on the left guards the ladder. The Rat guards the gap with a long sword. What do you do?

Good Luck to all Contestants.
Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

Bluemoon_The_Wolf

Bluemoon stood, faceing the south.
He was a little uneasy. But, he had to hurry. He dropped to his paws.
Carefully, he tested the pike. Good, very sharp. He troted back, back against the wall. He shinnyed his paws to the end of the pike. With a
loud "Eulililaaaaa!!!" he jumped in a high ach, aiming for the guard near the ladder's head. He aimed too high, the pike clanged on the ladder. He leaped back. For a second, he pondered. Then, he made his move! Holding the pike in the middle, he twirled it in a deadly arch, aiming at the two stoats. He also powerfully kicked out with his forelegs. Hopeing, that, in the fleeing seconds, that the archers did not get there bearings.

(BTW, Taggerung does have a map.)
Old server:Silven Deathwinds:Reborn. (Locked ATM.)

Turbo Server:Silver Deathwinds: Reborn. (#60)

Old names:

The Silver Ones (Old OLD server.)
Silver Deathwinds (Turbo)
Silven Deathwinds (Regular)

My Live Journle. LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK, SWEARING IS WITHIN.

Married to:

-Calria.

user posted image Yes, I'm drunk.
user posted image HELP! I'M ON FIRE!
user posted image My..Arm..Will fall off if...]
user posted image Oh, a borg!
user posted imageBurp.

user posted imageEkk!

If you wonder who I am, anything with silver would be a near-safe guese.

Fleetscut

That's better blue moon! Oh and Deadeye, I think you better make that longer mate!

Dead Eye

Dead Eye snook behind a weasel and hit him in the head with a sling. "MOSSFLOWER!"
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Sha

(OOC not before I start: Points off for lines .... You're not going to be able to give out many points if you take away for long posts. Sometimes quality is impossible to achieve without quanity. But.. whatever. ^^; And it also depends what resolution you're looking in... *giggles*)

Sha shook her head, looking at the vermin before her. The squirrels would have an easy go of this, with their bows. She tightened her grasp around the hilt of her sword and headed toward the stoat on her right. Looking back momentarily, she salutes at the other contestants. She nods at Austin, confirming their plans. Focusing her attention on the stoat in front of her, she engages in swordfight with the stoat. She catches him unguarded and closes her eyes, her sword moving to his unblocked chest, hoping her aim was true.  

General Austin

After Aus saw the knowing glance from Sha, it was all he needed. Drawing his a-bit-too-large-for-a-mouse sword, he charged forward at the Stoat on his left, hoping he would catch him unawares, all the while screaming "I WANT MY MOMMY!!!"
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Brock

Brock ran as fast as he could with battle axe in hand toward the rat swordsman.  He swung the battle axe as hard as he could towards the rat's head, hoping to hit his target.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Aqualis

(Before I start, I have a question. Are we all suposed to attack seperately, as if the others do not exist, or are we suposed to act in tandem? Also, I agree with Sha. If you are going to take points of for every line that could cause problems, unless your reference to the standard text means what I am using right now. Just to be safe I think I will write my post in something, different.)

Aqualis was facing the rat to the north but decided that the stoat to his right was a bigger threat, and turned to fire an arrow in it's direction, aiming for the heart. Without wait to see if his arrow hit he turned and fired at the other stoat; deciding that the rat posed no immediate threat and help to obstruct the rats line of sight. He droped onto one knee and shot towards the rat. He then sprang up and dashed for the ladder. As he ran he slung his bow over his shoulder and lept up the ladder, four rungs at a time. Running along the battlements he unslung his bow and fired at the two weasel archers, hoping that his motion would not throw off his aim to much.

[Edit: This post is not in cooperation with the former post. I say this just to avoid confusion for anyone reading this.]
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Deathclaw

Using trees, bush, and tall grass, Deathclaw was able to safely reach the rope ladder and climb it, unseen. Deathclaw immediately went for the two archers. Climbing the ladder with stealth, he dove, knocking one senseless with his longs, stabbing the other with his pike. He picked up an enemy bow, climbed to the battlements, and waited. Firing a shaft into the sand, the two vermin dropped their weapons, stunned. He hooked each bow to a battlement, and added arrow after arrow, firing them into the sand. This gave the swordbeasts the impression that many were attacking. They dropped their swords instantly, begging for mercy. Deathclaw dropped down, took a sword, slashing the rope ladder. He then used it to tie both vermin up, and marched them off to his camp, taking all the weapons he deemed useful, including spare rope.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Dead Eye

Dead Eye despoised of two rats and the 1st weasel with his sling. Than he came towards the others. He got in a ball form, and rolled around, hitting them all with his spikes. He laughed out loud, than broke a tree branch. Using it as a club, he batted vermain down, laughing and roaring as he went.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

TR Shadow

Shadow plays her tuba.  The vermin run away screaming with their hands over their pathetic little ears because of the terrible sound.

Fleetscut

Very good by all so far. Here are how the points stand so far. If your name is not listed here, you have yet to post. If your name is in red, you have the chance to edit your post and redo it.

Aqualis: 45 Points
Deathclaw: 35 Points
Sha: 30 Points
Bluemoon: 25 Points
Brock: 20 Points
Austin: 18 Points
Deadeye: 5 Points (note: You can only make ONE post deadeye!)
T.R Shadow: 0 Points

Deathclaw

Quote from: TR ShadowShadow plays her tuba.  The vermin run away screaming with their hands over their pathetic little ears because of the terrible sound.
Shadow, the tuba was most likely not invented in any Redwall book...
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Fleetscut

lol and that is why I am giving her the chance to redo it.....along with the fact I allowed no tubas in the first place.

Bluemoon_The_Wolf

*giggle* If I lose this round, can I join the next game?
Old server:Silven Deathwinds:Reborn. (Locked ATM.)

Turbo Server:Silver Deathwinds: Reborn. (#60)

Old names:

The Silver Ones (Old OLD server.)
Silver Deathwinds (Turbo)
Silven Deathwinds (Regular)

My Live Journle. LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK, SWEARING IS WITHIN.

Married to:

-Calria.

user posted image Yes, I'm drunk.
user posted image HELP! I'M ON FIRE!
user posted image My..Arm..Will fall off if...]
user posted image Oh, a borg!
user posted imageBurp.

user posted imageEkk!

If you wonder who I am, anything with silver would be a near-safe guese.