Advice

Started by Shadow, January 29, 2012, 07:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakefur

Um, I use the buff for 5 turns, thinking it would heal 10 health, but it only healed 5?... bug?
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Wolf Snare

if your tax is too high you will get 1/1 heal rate, but it's better than capping off at say 85%
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevah

If you play like shadow says on the 30% tax and use turns to get to 90% health drop to 5-11% and buff turns heal 5turns back to 100% health and reset your tax according.
If your normal tax rate still gains a fair few workers per turn inch up the tax til they are barely coming in. Depending on structures race and worker bracket you'll have a different tax level that your workers don't leave and remain full for best profits.

I'm not racist but I hate magpies
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

If you are below the max health allowed by tax, you get +2 health per turn buffed. After you pass the max allowed, you get +1 per turn buffed.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

cloud

Quote from: Sevah on February 04, 2012, 09:10:19 PM
If you play like shadow says on the 30% tax and use turns to get to 90% health drop to 5-11% and buff turns heal 5turns back to 100% health and reset your tax according.
If your normal tax rate still gains a fair few workers per turn inch up the tax til they are barely coming in. Depending on structures race and worker bracket you'll have a different tax level that your workers don't leave and remain full for best profits.

I'm not racist but I hate magpies

What's wrong with magpies?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Sevah

fox with the supposedly worse workers stat and worse income stat seemed to make more than magpie. 50b 1 run from 85k and 40b from 130k. similar strategy and tax. I think the statistic workers is incorrect/in reverse which makes magpies full of shishkebabs about their cashing skills.

Shadow

tip of the day:

worker stat affects how quickly your workers fill up, NOT how much they fill up to. Which means that once your workers are full, other stats being equal, the worker stat stops mattering for cash and food output - a high worker stat just means your output peaks sooner in your run.

Note that this is NOT the same for indy - a high worker stat is actually just as important as a high training stat for the output of troops. Which means that magpie and ferret are actually not too bad as indy races.

Sevah

Thanks Shadow, is there a base amount of workers that would make a specific amount of barracks fully effective?
I'm about to test out foraging first so I learn the ratio of workers to structures and see if it's the same value as the next

Shadow

the more barracks you have, the more troops you output, but there are diminishing returns which makes things ineffective past maybe 50% barracks. For output, the more workers, the better, there is no specific number that makes things max out.

Sevah

I mean if someone had 100billion cash 10billion food and only 10k. Would 10k barracks no huts and leaders make the most over 550 turns? would 80% barracks 20% huts make most? do you need workers towards output?

Sevah

And another question. There seems to be no reason for tents to exist unless the 120 workers goes on top of how many it used to fit. Can you confirm if tents hold over 20% more workers than barracks?
I mean, tents serve the purpose of getting workers. Maybe instead of all structures getting workers which makes tents useless you could make them hold the old values with the new 120 on top.

Shadow

I believe that all barracks is the most output, but the difference between 50% barracks and 100% barracks is small, and would be better put toward economic uses. That being said, it's worth testing barracks and tents together to verify.

Barracks hold 100 workers, tents hold 120, modified by taxes. So tents do hold 20% more.

I don't think tents are useless at all, really.

Sevah

sounds like a bad idea.
50/50 barracks and tents would make 110% workers at 50% barracks cost. Since workers barely make cash and do consume food there's no logic in substituting storable networth for short planned covering upkeep. Agri Indy would seem more effective since the market stores plenty and food is scarce.
If we separate upkeep with production we work out the best producing strategy then the most effective way to run it.

So far I gained success from firstly defending the land, second from managing my turns efficiently but most importantly protecting the networth I make.
I haven't done anything extreme just ticked along with what I know works from experience. Reselling works to a degree but everyone can't be a reseller. There's gotta be people making maximum cash, people making maximum food and someone focusing on the best ways to indy etc. With everyone doing something the game can find it's equilibrium. Making changes when the playerbase is understaffed means the changes need to be hypothetical for all aspects short term long term teamed not teamed or plain reckless etc.
If you want the players to all be decent quality, easy to learn the game then compete at a fair level then you gotta think like the one right in the middle but above. Clear your mind before you do some coding.
As you understand the picture you're drawing find how each branch grew to be what it is. It takes water but how did this water feed it's subject?

Alazar is Back

Any indy advice would be greatly accepted!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 07, 2012, 08:50:57 AM
Any indy advice would be greatly accepted!
Lol, oh dear.

Indy isn't meant to exist anymore. Quit trying to find loopholes in the code...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.