Advice

Started by Shadow, January 29, 2012, 07:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

That is a good idea for a test - if you find that that is the case I will take their consumption down.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shadow

tip of the day:

if you break someone using the murder buff, it will make it even easier to break the next time and make them take heavier losses, as well as reducing you losses. Note that leaders do not work at all like they used to, so there is no reason a rat could not break a wolf with leaders!

Shadow

seems I was mistaken about output: 42% tax is the best for food and cash output, but it will cause your training to take a significant hit.

Wolf Snare

have you been spying on my acc? ;)

Edit: I think the consumption rate of leaders is now more reasonable, though I haven't run to test it yet. I do think 2.5 was pretty high, what did you have in mind for such a steep multiplier? Simply to discourage leader dominant strats?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Leaders were pretty much the cheapest troop before, which is silly considering their value.

Wolf Snare

True, though their value has decreased exponentially with the release of 3.0-- it's a wonder we didn't think of that before as a balance, tbh :P
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

It seems that in order to break even during a run you need between 11k-13k land and to actually make a profit from start to finish 14k+ land.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Vargarth

Cloud... I don't know if you are running right because on 18k land as a magpie, I made 7-8 billion cash...
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Shadow

tip of the day:

with some leader missions back in, it might be worth keeping a clan member on high leaders, both to avoid murders and to dish them out. Playing for murders solo is not going to be worth it because of lost productivity, but having a clan member able to do it isn't necessarily a bad option if the rest of the clan specializes their output. This member could also provide extra loyalty to the rest of the clan to spend more time buffing turns.

Note that if you buff income while at 100% cash, it gives you a bigger (in absolute terms) boost than at 50% cash. So a clan can really benefit from having one member in charge of food production, one in charge of cash production, etc. Likewise, it might be worth going to 100% of one resource to buff turns if you have some of the other one saved up, to get more from your loyalty.

cloud

Quote from: Vargarth on February 01, 2012, 05:35:19 PM
Cloud... I don't know if you are running right because on 18k land as a magpie, I made 7-8 billion cash...

I am running right, and your post essentially proves it. A decent run costs about $3 billion + some food (Buying enough troops to take land, their upkeep, ect). At 11k land I can make around $3 billion. At 15k land last run I made $6 billion, so I'm sure at 18k I could make at least $8 billion.

I feel that either upkeep or merc troop cost should be decreased as I've pointed out it requires over 10k land to really break even on a run, and most people currently have less than 10k land, which is why they're all sitting around 10mil NW which is rather pathetic even only a few days into the game.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Shadow

"low net" is a relative term. Everyone is low net (ignore sevs at the moment, his lock is the product of an inadequate attack system which will be figured out sooner or later).

I don't think any amount of land is required to break even, rather, it depends on what you are running with in terms of troops.

That being said, if everyone is having cashing and farming issues we could increase the output of workers, but most people seem to be doing ok. Not being able to bank much is more or less what we were going for - long term storing is not really the goal.

Shadow

tip o the day:

people are not watching their health carefully when using high tax rates! Every time I look at an account people have maxxed out at 90% health and used their turns like that. It makes a big, big difference to your output, and it especially affects your offensive power.

Use the buff turns heal buff to heal fully regardless of your tax rate!

Shadow

another tip of the day

you should never overestimate the power of an opponent's army based on their net. In 3.0, you have a lot of workers, and they are worth 3 networth each! Thus, a significant chunk of  everyone's net is their worker force, which means that on average, your army in 3.0 will be quite a bit weaker than the army that would have been associated with the equivalent amount of networth in the old code.

Rakefur

Quote from: Shadow on February 04, 2012, 01:03:31 PM
tip o the day:

people are not watching their health carefully when using high tax rates! Every time I look at an account people have maxxed out at 90% health and used their turns like that. It makes a big, big difference to your output, and it especially affects your offensive power.

Use the buff turns heal buff to heal fully regardless of your tax rate!
oops lol. That was me, I forgot about that. (oh now you can go kill my workers, your welcome)
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

not just you, most players are making that mistake.