Advice

Started by Shadow, January 29, 2012, 07:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

Quote from: Vargarth on March 07, 2012, 01:48:07 PM
They probably had a ton of towers or ou had low health

Nope they were the one with 32% health.
I had around 60% health.

What are your thoughts shadow cause it just seems as if the losses system is off a bit. Shouldn't there be a kind of ratio of attacking troops to defending troops killed.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Losses are random to some extent, and sometimes the luck of the draw gives extremely lopsided battles. Over many battles, though, the trend will even itself out. In general, the defender will lose more when defending attacks that break for land. Especially if your health is low when defending. At 60% health, you are taking ~30% extra losses, on average.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Yeah but those losses were after mudering him to 32% health so he shoul have been taking many times the losses. But it wasn't only once it happened. During those rounds of attack i don't think i ever lost less that my opponent did.

Shadow

EDIT: misunderstood the question, I see now.

What were you attacking with and what were his stats? If you were using a troop that is slightly defensive, losses can be biased against you.

I'm pretty confident that there is no bug in the losses system - however, it could be that it is just not well balanced ^_^. I would like to hear more details before I make that call though. Next time it happens, could you give me an idea of the stats involved?

The Obliterator

Sure.
Just for your information i was using rats at the time...

Shadow

tip of the day: if you sell food for less than $13, chances are you were better off just making cash in the first place.

Shadow

tip of the day:

use the "edit prices feature" on the market. Currently troops are selling for around 400-800-1400-2100 max for the four troop types in order. Anything over that is not going to sell, period, and is wasting space on the market. Get in on the action by lowering prices!

Etendue

Please, let me undermine the market for you. Ahem.

Everybody, you can get a huge advantage by posting your troops at ridiculously high prices, then lowering them to market price later on. This way, you can store safe wealth in the market until when you need it most. Remember, Market=Safe Storage!

Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Shadow

Doesn't really work, though. You can store it up, and lower prices at the end if you want, but then at the end you'll be left with a lot of cash and nothing to spend it on ^_^

And if you lower it earlier when you need it, then you're using the market as intended :)

Shadow

Tip of the day: use the market ^_^

If you aren't, you're missing out on the metagame.

Shadow

little known fact: when you have a clan set to war, you get a 20% offense boost against that clan. (This applies to reg as well).

Sharptooh

I feel like this is a bit of a nooby question . . . but when you say offense boost, what exactly does that mean?

For example, does it increase success of the attack by 20%, decrease losses by 20%, increase enemy losses by 20%, a combination of things?

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

increases your offensive points by 20%.

For eg, normally (no race bonuses) 1 rat as 2 DP. If you are at war, your rats have an effective 2.4 DP each.

Sharptooh

Ok, thanks for the explanation :)