New Design

Started by Peace Alliance, January 26, 2012, 11:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggon

Quote from: Sharptooh on January 31, 2012, 10:11:12 AM
keep doing it Sevah, seeing you gagged would make many people happy!

Well, he gagged.

Should I be happy? ???
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sharptooh

Yes you should.

Infact I think this calls for a spa party!

Peace Alliance

Steering us back on topic. This preview shows you how I would like to add the productivity selector to the statsbar. You can hover over food or cash and adjust the setting. Similarly I would have the hover over workers give you the option to adjust the tax rate.

It also shows you my dream-world turns output.

Rakefur

It might be an idea to put workers in the status bar.  ;)
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Kilkenne

Why are there two indicators for loyalty. Also, workers were added to the status bar on live yesterday by Mr. Alliance, so I'd assume they'll make it into this skin as well.

Peace Alliance

oh in the turns output. They should have converted into leaders, not loyalty, lol. this is just a sketch, but good catch.

Durza

The look is interseting, any idea when it is going live?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Peace Alliance

It will take a couple days to build it. I am hoping to find that time sometime this month.

Wolf Snare

I think it's vitally important for one to see their consumption and production rates, especially since the release of 3.0. IMHO there are some things you cannot sacrifice for simplicity, even if they look scary at a glance
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Looks good and innovative PA, can't wait to try this out :)

Just a couple of things, I know it's already been said, but I don't particularly think abbreviating values is a good thing :/

And I've always disliked the way the stat bar runs along the top and bottom of the page, although I appreciate it is difficult to alter this for code reasons (not difficult to remove the bottom bar, but difficult to replicate its functionality in the top bar)

A general question too, are some of those links up the top drop down menu's? Or have you decided to just purge a lot of pages / condense them?

EDIT: Also I appreciate that everyone wants to get in on the whole social thing, but do people really want to share their scout turn report 0_o ?

Kilkenne

Absolutely. *Scouts 550 turns* *puts on shades*

Shadow

am also against abbreviating values: the numbers are misleading to younger minds that are not accustomed to thinking in terms of orders of magnitude.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Wolf Snare on February 01, 2012, 03:20:47 PM
I think it's vitally important for one to see their consumption and production rates, especially since the release of 3.0. IMHO there are some things you cannot sacrifice for simplicity, even if they look scary at a glance
I would make it so that you can can click to see the economic breakdown in full, which quite frankly only gives you a small amount of the information you need to understand your economy.

as for the abbreviated numbers in the stats bar, I am loathe to part with the idea, especially because the 7 stat's that are in the stats bar /barely/ fit into the width as it is. This is designed to scale well for a mobile as well as scale out for bigger screens. Ideally I can make it so that it only abbreviates when you are looking at screen sizes smaller then 1280... But even at 1000px wide there is only 700px for the content which leaves very little room for all those lengthy stats. The only reason we can do it right now is because the menu is only like 120px, and there aren't any icons to take up space (icons help identify the stat and I want to keep them...)

Peace Alliance

here's the new index design. This will be the first thing people see (just realized there should be a link to a login page there too):

Once you've signed up, instead of that index page you will see this page:

I have wanted to rename the servers something on-theme for a while, so I've got Loamhedge for reg, and Eulalia for turbo (which windy assured me are fitting)

Holby

It looks nice and friendly, but I think the colours are very non-Redwall.

Also why is there a love heart?
I will not deleted this