Congrats Ice

Started by Briar, January 26, 2012, 11:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

IMO the MVPS of this round were

ICE: Rev. This dude constantly kept me below 10k land, was always onlining/sacking the crap out of me and basically minimalized all of my personal efforts this round.

Fire: Briar, now that I know she was flamingo. The only person to consistantly pass me troops and food/cash as well as hold them.

Unfortunately I was way too busy with real life stuff/helping my site get going this round to be a leader/major threat. I let a few things slip by and wasn't as aggressive as normal. However, I'm not sure it would have made much a difference had I been giving it 100% due to Fire being constantly torn apart. Initially Me, Alazar, Sevz, Rake and Snowy Fir all wanted to lead. In the end everyone backed down except for Snowy Fir and Sevz who want to go in 2 completely opposite direction.

Also, Juicy Forum posts incoming.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt was pretty much just a massive power struggle. I tried to lead in the beginning, but after about day 3 and everyone wanted to give their own idea about how to play this round I just sat back and watched Rome burn.

This is basically the complete opposite of Ice clan. When we (briefly) thought there would be a vote for clan leader, Shadow, Snare, and I were all deferring to each other for who should lead. Then when we figured out there would be no official clan leader, we all just sort of pitched in and contributed suggestions. I can tell you there were a couple times I yelled at folks who were screwing up though. Our forums are not nearly as interesting as Fire's.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Yeah, Dan is totally right. I think we both got into it with the members of our clan once or twice, but only in an attempt to help out and improve play quality. I almost made enemies with Rev through a misunderstanding but quickly patched things up. Overall very professional on everyone's part though.

I think this is as aggressive as it got. Assertive, but certainly still civil lol. I've seen angry Volk, it's much worse, let me assure you.

QuoteThe Hounds of Ulster, you bastiges (#16)

Date Posted:
Thursday, Jan 19 11:16 PM    Is anyone besides me, Vargawrath, Snare, and Rev actually running turns? Who all is still in this clan, is Shadow still a part of it? Sharptooth? I want a list of forum names and last activity dates. We outnumber the Fire clan, but they are pulling ahead because of our inactivity. We have a lower NW now than we did 2 days ago. LETS GET ACTIVE PEOPLE!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Genevieve

QuoteThe Hounds of Ulster, you bastiges (#16)

LETS GET ACTIVE PEOPLE!

c'mon, more energy

Sevah

redacted
I don't think many people care anymore. If they do it's only temporary. The game turned to crap months ago, 3.0 is even more average to say the least.
Love you Gen. Not as much as I love briar but there's a sof spot that'll always back ya up ;)

Please don't try to get around the word filters with other characters
Shadow
Modding
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 26, 2012, 06:02:45 PM
briar or firetooth = snowy fir

course we will never know for sure, since they're embarrassed to surface

I can definitely confirm that Firetooth was not Snowy fir, unless he's lying to me and/or incredibly good at spending lots of time on turbo without me realising it.

Wolf Snare

[darn]! I demand you come forth Snowy!

e: sorry Firetooth, it's second nature to blame you mate ;) No hard feelings? You are much more skilled than that misguided wildcat anyway; I found myself doing a double-take watching the poor chap run,
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Just to re-iterate, I'm not snowy fir. Flattered by the attention, though. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Seriously who is this Snowy fir person!?

I demand you tell us! The suspense is killing me!

Wolf Snare

They'll never come forth! Shadow, use your heavenly powers and breach confidentiality!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Yep no hard feelings. If they're doing something which annoys a lot of people, it's pretty fair to assume it's me. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

They were well spoken and fairly intelligent, seemed familiar with the game, & had no problem stumping me in an argument.
...Not saying that's terribly hard to accomplish, but it really narrowed down my list of suspects lol
Now I'm stumped.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

Their lack of skill combined with their decent comprehension of the English language rules out pretty much everyone I can think of...

Edit: Actually, maybe it was Muse? I can't think of anyone more annoying and willing to argue.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:08:50 -0700
That which took you half a run was destroyed using only a few of my turns. I hope you realize that this doesn't make your turns any more valuable then mine, in fact I am using mine sparingly.

Yes, you successfully captured my leaders, which I successfully captured from somebody else who no doubt captured them from somebody else. If you start looking at the bigger picture, you will realize that there is a small group of leaders floating continuously between leader players in the game. Did I do something to help you take down the emp? Maybe... I ran a run with leaders, so I suppose that somehow added to your success. But it wasn't something I could have prevented.

The good news is that you're wasting your time on food, on emperors, and on fighting. Breaking the emp won't get you anything.

The most laughable part of your message is your reference to Sevs as though he holds any clout with me. Your apparent faith in him shows me that you are as unimportant as he is. Enjoy being irreverent to me.

---------------

I'll admit, it does sound like Kilk lol but I believe him
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Wolf Snare

For the record Snowy, it got me 1.7 TRIL. so eat it.

Muse = Snowy? You record. EDIT: Reckon?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)