Is Brain Jacques losing his spirit?

Started by FunkyFerretGuy, April 17, 2003, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkyFerretGuy

I've noticed that Mr.Jacques's books seem less and less like the original.  Lord Brocktree was ok, and then Taggerung was kinda bad, and of course Triss was kinda a waste of time.  Triss and Pearls of Lutra almost seemed the same in the ways of sea going experiences and such.
On a rock climbing trip

-Mother has tripped five times-

Mother- "Matt, these shoes have great traction!"

Me- "Inwhich you have demonstrated so well..."

The following is going to be my extremely stupid bumper sticker:

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Brock

Yeah...  I think I liked Long Patrol the best but I still love all his books, even if some aren't as good as the others.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Deathclaw

FunkyFerretGuy, are you crazy? Taggerung was not "kinda bad." It was a great book, not the best, but pretty good.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

FunkyFerretGuy

Quote from: DeathclawFunkyFerretGuy, are you crazy? Taggerung was not "kinda bad." It was a great book, not the best, but pretty good.
Of course I'm crazy!  
...Have you not read my name  :blink:
Taggerung was the "same old same old" that happens in all other books, or at least in this funkyferretguy's opinion.
On a rock climbing trip

-Mother has tripped five times-

Mother- "Matt, these shoes have great traction!"

Me- "Inwhich you have demonstrated so well..."

The following is going to be my extremely stupid bumper sticker:

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Brock

Yeah...  Taggerung has my vote for second favorite vote.  Atleast it would if we were voting. :P

Dead Eye

Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

CoolClaw

I think his books are becoming too repetive.  But Taggerung was kind of different thats why I liked it.
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

Brock

Quote from: CoolClawI think his books are becoming too repetive.  But Taggerung was kind of different thats why I liked it.
Exactly.  In all his other books there's a big battle at the end of some sort.  In Taggerung, Russano tells the vermin to leave and they do.  There's hardly any deaths involved compared to his other books.

Blizzard

I haven't read books 12-15 yet, but I will soon.  He's not really losing his writing spirit, but it's ok.  The Long Patrol was the best in my opinion.
Mini Sarumanuser posted image

SKITTLES

Deathclaw

The Long Patrol was good. I enjoy the books more if they involve Salamandastron. I also liked Salamandastron and Lord Brocktree, I'm reading Mariel of Redwall right now. When I finish the Redwall stuff I'll read Castaways of the Flying Dutchman and its sequel.

Dead Eye

I think you guys are being mean and stupid. Brian J is a great writer, and you guys are critizing him. None of you, and I mean NONE of you, could ever right even 1 book as good as his worst book! He is one of the greatest writers alive, and Triss, which is probably his worst, is better than anything you guys could come up with. So stop critizing him!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Bluemoon_The_Wolf

*Defensive* Mitya could... Well, better then Marlfox, witch is awfull.
Old server:Silven Deathwinds:Reborn. (Locked ATM.)

Turbo Server:Silver Deathwinds: Reborn. (#60)

Old names:

The Silver Ones (Old OLD server.)
Silver Deathwinds (Turbo)
Silven Deathwinds (Regular)

My Live Journle. LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK, SWEARING IS WITHIN.

Married to:

-Calria.

user posted image Yes, I'm drunk.
user posted image HELP! I'M ON FIRE!
user posted image My..Arm..Will fall off if...]
user posted image Oh, a borg!
user posted imageBurp.

user posted imageEkk!

If you wonder who I am, anything with silver would be a near-safe guese.

General Austin

Marlfox was great! *defensive also* I've seen Terrouge writers do better RPs than Triss, which was the only truly repetetive one as far as I can see.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Deathclaw

Quote from: Dead EyeI think you guys are being mean and stupid. Brian J is a great writer, and you guys are critizing him. None of you, and I mean NONE of you, could ever right even 1 book as good as his worst book! He is one of the greatest writers alive, and Triss, which is probably his worst, is better than anything you guys could come up with. So stop critizing him!
I would gladly bet you that when I finish my Redwall-type book that it is better than some of his, even if he is a great writer.

Dead Eye

Yes, but Brian Jacques had to come up with the plot all by himself. He came up with having small animals fighting, and Mossflower, and the Redwall Abbey. You just stole ideas from his books.  HE had to come up with all of this. But I am sure that your books off of a series already made will have their own forums, computer games, and people like me fighting over if anyone is as good as you.