So, I died

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 09, 2012, 01:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I guess Sevz and Co thought it was a good idea to kill me. Cannot fathom why. With all the land floating around, I'll be back were I was within a few days. You killed maybe a days production, and the clan NW wasn't touched. I could understand doing it if I had all the NW, but I didn't. I had only what I had produced for myself. Sevz, I'd never call you a noob, but this was a move a frustrated noob would pull. Care to explain yourself?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

It's a war, the way you've been dominating the field we had to kill you. Strategically it's a brilliant move. Today instead of you crushing us you're reviving account and waiting til tomoro for turns
Without your presence sharpy's got nowhere safe to send bulk aid. Also. The land isn't cheap. I'm sendin my clan defence. You won't be straight back up next run
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, I don't think its all that brilliant. I won't go into the reasons at this time, but suffice to say, I don't think this is a winning strategy for your clan, in the long run. Tactically it might be a smartish move, but definitely not strategically.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Kilkenne

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 09, 2012, 05:26:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think its all that brilliant. I won't go into the reasons at this time, but suffice to say, I don't think this is a winning strategy for your clan, in the long run. Tactically it might be a smartish move, but definitely not strategically.

strat·e·gy   [strat-i-jee]
noun, plural -gies.
Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.
the use or an instance of using this science or art.
skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.
a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.

tac·tic   [tak-tik]  Show IPA
noun
tactics ( def. 1 ) .
a system or a detail of tactics.
a plan, procedure, or expedient for promoting a desired end or result.

Volkov are you drunk

Sevah

nope, he's spewin about getting killed cos he knows Ice is trouble

Peace Alliance

I agree with Volkov, it was a waste of turns. You sacrificed 2 runs for the kill, but he'll be back on his feet in 2 runs. Basically you're saying he's worth more then you turn-for-turn.

Gen. Volkov

Oh shuddup Kilk. You know perfectly well that tactics and strategy are two different things. Tactics focus on immediate, short term goals. Strategy is about achieving longer term, overall goals. Example: My overall strategy at this stage in my life is to get into a Ph.D program and get a Ph.D in Zoology, the tactics I am using to achieve that long term goal are researching various universities and applying to their Ph.D programs.

Sevah

But we didn't waste turns killing him. I was on 70k land for the bulk of my turns sending out aid. The others that chipped in were ferrets so they made profits along the way. Yesterday instead of running turns he revived, today he hasn't broke protection but tonight and tomoro he's not doin much damage. It was worth it. Will be again, look at his name lmfao.

Kilkenne

You added the qualifier "overall" to change the type of strategy. It would be like if you said "short-term tactics" vs "long-term strategy". Let me illustrate by not using qualifiers; I am looking for a job, but employment is unacceptable. Now, to add qualifiers; I am looking for a job. But short-term employment is unacceptable. That was why it was funny.

cloud

Well, both sides have blood on their hands now, and I am no exception.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Kilkenne

I commend this killing. It makes the game much more interesting when you're slaughtering one another off. The emps have been broken already too, right?

cloud

Just the Ice Emp. Ours is still fully intact.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Kilkenne on January 10, 2012, 03:49:24 PM
I commend this killing. It makes the game much more interesting when you're slaughtering one another off. The emps have been broken already too, right?
If all you are doing is killing each other, i feel like you are losing out on 99% of what this game is about.

Kilkenne

Diplomacy died when people realized that they shouldn't bother defending their land.

Peace Alliance

I agree, that is where I see the decline in diplomacy as well. But I would argue that it was just a shift. Diplomacy is just done differently now. Most of the time we aren't killing each other, so what are we doing?